|This tree represents a lot of work by a lot of cousins over many years. I thank all of you for a good job.|
Most of the people named Peet, Peat, Peets etc found in the US can be connected to a John Peat born about 1597, Duffield , Derbyshine, England. Although our line comes from Derby, Derbyshine, England, we have not made the connection yet. A second Peet book being published by Terry Peet should be out in a few months andcovers a number of the world Peet families. I will let you know when available.
Famly Tree Maker HAS PROBLEMS CONNECTING MY TREE.Here is some of the line:
1. JAMES1 PEAT was born Bet. 1737 - 1766 in Probably England, and died Aft. 1796 in ProbablyDerby,England.He married MARY MILLS December 2, 1782 in Saint Alkmund, Derby,, Derby, England.She was born Bet. 1757 - 1769 in Probably England, and died Aft. 1796 in ProbablyDerby,England.
Children of JAMES PEAT and MARY MILLS are:
2. i. JAMES II2 PEAT, b. September 1784, Christen: 25 Sep.1784 Friar Gate Presbyterian Derby, Derby, England; d. Aft. 1851, died before 1862 probably at Derby Eng. [Marreid twice].
ii. MARY PEAT, b. March 1786, Christen: 3 Apr 1786 Friar Gate Presbyterian Derby, Derby, England; d. Aft. 1861, ? Derby [lived with brother James in 1861]; m. WILLIAM NEWELL, May 5, 1822, England [see " More" ]; d. Bef. 1861, [Mary widow in 1861 Census].
3. iii. GEORGE PEAT, b. July 10, 1787, Derby, Derby, England.
iv. JOHN PEAT, b. June 1788, [Christened: 30 Jun 1788] Derby, Friar Gate Presbyterian, Derby, England; d. Probably died young.
4. v. ISAAC PEET, b. January 18, 1791, Derby, England Christened Jan. 25 1791 Faiar Gate Presbyterian, Derby; d. February 5, 1860, SouthMelbourne Australia[ Came to Melbourne in 1849].
vi. JOHN PEAT, b. May 1793, Derby, Derby, England.
5. vii. CHARLES SEPTIMUS PEET, b. Abt. 1797, Derby, England [Christened 11 Jun 1797]; d. July 5, 1868, St Louis, MO[ age 72 per death record and Census].