Billingsley/Pickney Family Tree:Information about James Billingsley
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
James Billingsley (b. April 1726, d. April 1776)James Billingsley (son of William W. Billingsley and Mary Sumner) was born April 1726 in St. Mary's County, Maryland, and died April 1776 in Guilford County, North Carolina.He married Elizabeth Crabtree on 1747, daughter of William Crabtree and Mary Pyke.
Notes for James Billingsley:
James Billingsley was quite active in aiding the American cause.He sent his sons into service.He was harassed by the Torries until 1776 when they invaded his home and asked for money.When he said he had none, they hung him from a nearby tree.This information was noted by his wife in the family Bible.
Elizabeth lived with her son, John, in Warren County, Kentucky.In about 1836 she made the trip to McMinn County, Tennessee to spend time with Walter.In 1839, she died at the age of 113.
More About James Billingsley:
Fact 1: January 1776, Hung by the Tories.
More About James Billingsley and Elizabeth Crabtree:
Children of James Billingsley and Elizabeth Crabtree are:
- +John Billingsley, b. August 17, 1754, St. Mary's County, Maryland, d. September 19, 1844, Warren County, Kentucky.
- Samuel Billingsley, b. 1747, d. 1816, Bledsoe County, Tennessee.
- James Billingsley, b. 1749, d. date unknown.
- Elizabeth Billingsley, b. 1751, d. date unknown.
- Claranna Billingsley, b. 1756, Maryland, d. 1781.
- William Henry Billingsley, b. October 11, 1758, Baltimore County, d. 1781.
- Martha Billingsley, b. May 03, 1760, Baltimore County, d. January 1786.
- Walter Billingsley, b. July 14, 1761, d. 1850, McMinn County.
- Bazil Billingsley, b. June 02, 1764, d. 1831.