My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Lewis P. Pierce
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Lewis P. Pierce (b. 1755, d. 1833)Lewis P. Pierce117, 117 was born 1755 in North Carolina117, and died 1833 in Covington County, Mississippi117, 117.He married Ann Wooton on 1783 in Bertie County, North Carolina.
Notes for Lewis P. Pierce:
Lewis Pierce was a soldier in the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War 1777-1783. He served in portions of South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. He fought under the command of Major General Francis Marion.After the battle of Gate's Defeat fought in Camden, South Carolina on August 16.1780, Major General Marion had only one of the only American troops left in South Carolina. His forces were too small to fight the British in open battle, so Marion organized them into a guerilla band. He and his men made quick raids on British communications and supply depots and rescued captured Americans. In October 1780, Major General Nathaniel Greene was appointed commander. In 1783 Lewis Pierce was discharged and paid for services rendered in the state of North Carolina.
More About Lewis P. Pierce:
Date born 2: 1755, NC, USA.117
More About Lewis P. Pierce and Ann Wooton:
Marriage: 1783, Bertie County, North Carolina.
Children of Lewis P. Pierce and Ann Wooton are:
- +Jeremiah Pierce, b. 1783, North Carolina117, d. 1863, Mobile County, Alabama.
- +Nancy Ann Pierce, b. 1792, Oglethorpe County, Georgia, d. date unknown, Covington, Mississippi, USA118.
- Mary Pierce, b. 1793, Oglethorpe County, Georgia, d. date unknown.
- +Rebecca Ann Pierce, b. 1798, Oglethorpe County, Georgia118, d. date unknown.
- Lewis P. Pierce, b. 1800, Oglethorpe County, Georgia, d. date unknown, Covington County, Mississippi.