Brundidge, was founded in 1851. When George C. Collier moved here to open a General Store.For a number of years the Post Office went by the name of "Collier's Store".The name was changed to Brundidge in honor of James A. Brundidge 1812-1901, a prominent Mason.
Alabama's Pike county was first called "Zebulon Pike" in honor of the explorer of the Louisiana Territory and Brigadier General of the War of 1812. The founders could not pronounce the Patismal nameZebulon, so the 675 square miles just southeast of the black belt becam plain Pike County.
Mary West was born a slave in the 1800's she had one daughter her name was Mary West.Mary married a man named Kalep Kennel in Clayton, Alabama. They had seven childern.Mary West "Mama" Pierson was born on May 7, 1884 in Barber County, Alabama. She married Charlie Pierson which they had five children.
|The Mary West "Mama" Pierson of Brundidge, Al.|
Updated August 6, 2008