I am researching the John1 PIKE (1573-1654) Family. I currently have many persons listed just in my PIKE Family file and that includes many different surnames. I am currently President of the Pike Family Association of America, the President of the Howland Family Association [Wilton, ME], and members of the following: The Wilton Historical Society of Wilton, ME; and The Livermore/Livermore Falls Historical Society of Maine. Please contact me through my E-Mail Address [email@example.com]for further information.
NOTE: I suggest that you look at the Pike DNA public web site. I had my DNA Tested and the results can be seen at the link - Pike DNA below. 67 markers - Group 1 -Haplogroup R1a1a.
In 2006 our greater Pike Family celebrated the 200th Anniversary or Bicentennial of the Explorer, Our Famous Cousin, Zebulon Montgomery Pike [1779-1813]. The Family gathered in Colorado Springs, CO July 13 - 16, 2006.
In 2007 we entered into an agreement with the Salisbury, MA Public Library to be our home of the Pike archival materials for the PFA Family.
We are currently planning another Family Reunion to be held July 18 - 21st of July 2013 in Salisbury, MA.
Send me an E mail request if you are interrested.
"Thank You, Lord, for those who through the living of their lives have given me Wisdom, Courage and Faith." We stand on the shoulders of those who have walked before us. Stand Tall and remember the words on the Pike Family Crest, LOVE, VIRTUE and PEACE.
- William Stanley & Florence (Wells) Pike (12 KB)
Father and Mother of Roy Escott Pike, Mr. & Mrs. Stanley Pike.
- Roy & Shirley (Hammond) Pike 40th Wedding Ann.1998 (27 KB)
This Photo was taken the year we both retired. Shirley was the Director of the Bristow, OK Chamber of Commerce and Roy retired from the United Methodist Ministry. We are currently both active in the Jenks, OK UM Church.
- Durward & Lucile (Berry) Hammond (15 KB)
Parents of Shirley Elizabeth (Hammond) Pike, Mr. & Mrs. Durward Hammond
- The Wedding of Roy & Shirley (Hammond) Pike 1958 (23 KB)
The wedding took place in Wilton, Maine where Roy and Shirley were raised. They both attended Wilton Academy in the 1950's and were married during a 6 inch snow storm on Feb. 8, 1958.
- Roy Ernest Pike Family Early 1940's (27 KB)
Roy Ernest Pike Family. Back Row: Kenneth Roy, Julia Briggs (Spencer) Pike, Roy Ernest, & Miriam Enid (Pike) Howard. Fr. Row: Charles Eldred, and William Stanley.
- Roy Ernest & Julia Briggs (Spencer) Pike. (11 KB)
Paternal Grandparents of Roy Escott Pike, and Parents of William Stanley Pike, Mr. & Mrs. Roy E. Pike.
- Harry Escott & Hattie Mae (Howland) Wells (18 KB)
Maternal Grandparents of Roy Escott Pike, and Parents of Florence Elita (Wells) Pike, Mr. & Mrs. Harry E. Wells.
- Wendell and the Berry Sisters 1990. (23 KB)
Wendell Berry and his sisters on his 80th birthday. L-R: Arlene, Lucile, Dot and Beadie. Lucile is Shirley's Mother.
- Charles Franklin & Elizabeth (Fuller) Pike (9 KB)
The Paternal Grandparents of my Father William Stanley Pike, Mr. & Mrs Charles Franklin Pike.
- The John1 Pike (1572-1654) Coat of Arms (29 KB)
This Coat of Arms is the one brought to America by John1 Pike in 1635 on the ship "James of London." The inscription is "Love, Virtue, Peace."
- My Favorite Picture of Pikes Peak (34 KB)
This is my favorite Picture of Pikes Peak and Colorado Springs.
- Elva Emmagene (Bishop) Hammond (16 KB)
The is the Paternal Grandmother of Durward Hammond, the father of Shirley Elizabeth (Hammond) Pike.Mrs. Wallace Hammond.
- Francis H. & Emma (Curtis) Wells (5 KB)
The Paternal Grandparents of my Mother Florence (Wells) Pike, Mr. & Mrs. Francis H. Wells.
- The Wedding Party 1958 (31 KB)
This is a photo of the Wedding party from the Wilton United Methodist Church in 1958.
- Wallace Edwin Hammond (21 KB)
This is the Paternal Grandfather of Durward Hammond, the Father of Shirley Elizabeth (Hammond) Pike. Mr. Wallace Hammond.
- Isaac & Maggie (Hopewell) Howland (7 KB)
The Maternal Grandparents of my Mother Florence (Wells) Pike, Mr. & Mrs. Isaac Howland.
- Ivy Blanche (Small) Hammond. (9 KB)
The is the Paternal Grandmother of Shirley Elizabeth (Hammond) Pike. Mrs. Maurice Hammond.
- William & Eleonora (Hobbs) Spencer (10 KB)
The Maternal Grandparents of my Father William Stanley Pike, Mr. & Mrs. William Spencer.
- Josiah Miguel Ramos (27 KB)
Our New Great Grandson born 29 Feb 2004 at 7:50 PM 7 lbs -8 oz and 20 in. long.
- Maurice Edward Hammond (9 KB)
This is the Paternal Grandfather of Shirley Elizabeth (Hammond) Pike. Mr. Maurice Hammond.
- Joseph & Cordelia F. (Searles) Howland, Sr. (14 KB)
My Mother, Florence (Wells) Pike's, Mother's Father's Parents or my 3rd Great Grandparents on my Mother's, Father's side. Mr. & Mrs. Joseph Howland, Sr.
- Miriam Enid (Pike) Howard (18 KB)
This is the Aunt or Roy Escott Pike. Miriam (1902-1989)was the Family Genealogist for more than 60 years and turned all of her records over to Roy Escott Pike at the time of her death. Our Family is truly indebted to her for many hour of diligent work with our Records and Artifacts.
- William Walker & Julia Jones (Briggs) Hobbs (13 KB)
My Father, William Stanley Pike's, Mother's, Mother's, Parents or my Great Grandparents on my Father's Mother's side, Mr. & Mrs. William Walker Hobbs.
- Author of this site in 2004 (14 KB)
Roy Escott Pike March 2004
- Allen Raymond Pike, Author (33 KB)
Mr. Allen Pike is the author of an excellent book called, "The Family of John Pike of Newbury, Massachusetts, 1635-1995." [Details below on the book in a special file.]
- Roy and Shirley 46th Anniversary 2004 (43 KB)
Roy and Shirley 46th Anniversary 2004
- Roy Visits Sommersworth 1999 (67 KB)
Roy Visited Somersworth, NH. It was named by his 5th GGrandfather, The Reverend James Pike. See other pictures of the grave site, cemetery and parsonage foundation from the 1700's.
- Blanche Small (5 KB)
Ivy Blanche (Small) Hammond
- Mom Pike (Florence) and two Friends from the past (191 KB)
On Sunday August 15, 2004 Mom Pike traveled to the Ballardvale section of Andover, MA, where she grew up. These three ladies were good friends in school in 1925.
- Daniel & Tabitha (Jones) Briggs. (16 KB)
My Father, William Stanley Pike's, Mother's, Mother's Mother's Parents or my 4th Great Grandparents on my Father's, Mother's, Mother's side. Mr. & Mrs. Daniel Briggs.
- "Fairview Farm" Roy & Royce - 1942 (22 KB)
My Brother Royce & I on the old Ford. We all learned to drive at the farm. [See Barn picture]
- Gravestones at Somersworth Cemetery. (103 KB)
Roy stands behind the gravestones of Rev. James and Sarah Pike, his 5th GGreat Grandparents. Burials in the 1790's.
- "Fairview Farm" Barn 1931 (14 KB)
This is the large Barn built at the turn of the century as recorded in the diary of Roy Ernest Pike, my Grandfather, in 1897 & 1898. The Pike Family has lived on the farm since the 1840's.
- Historic Marker of the Parsonage and Graves (64 KB)
This is the Historic Marker we saw in front of the Parsonage site and the cemetery at Somersworth, MH in the summer of 1999.
- Lightning Strikes "Fairview Farm" Barn (33 KB)
In 1936 Lightning struck the Barn at "Fairview Farm" as recorded in the newspaper. I remember my father, William Stanley Pike, telling me the story.
- Josiah Miguel Ramos - Our 1st Great Grandson- 8 M0 (20 KB)
This is Josiah in his new rocking chair which belonged to his Great Grandfather in 1936.
- Roy Ernest Pike Family Reunion 1934 (30 KB)
Here is a photo of one of the early family outings before I was born. It was cooler down in the woods during the summer in Livermore, Maine. Names:L-R,Roy Ernest Pike, Miriam Enid (Pike) Howard, Julia Briggs (Spencer) Pike; in front, Miriam Evelyn Pike, then others L-R; Flavilla (Spencer) Morse, Eugene Morse, Dorothy Morse, Eulita (Parsons) Pike, Charles Eldred Pike, Kenneth Roy Pike, Sewell Spencer, Arabella (Dennen) Hobbs i.e. "Aunt Belle."
- Josiah's First Birthday (30 KB)
Josiah, our Great Grandson has his 1st Birthday
- 1898 Wedding Dress Of Julia Briggs (Spencer) Pike (19 KB)
This is a wonderful example of the world of the 1890's. The mention of her wedding to my grandfather Roy Ernest Pike is listed in his diary of that year. Dec. 24, 1898.
- Fall 1937 Farm Get-Together (34 KB)
Roy Escott Pike finds a new friend in his grandmother. I later began calling her "Sweet Pea" a name she seemed to enjoy. We had a special bond. Names are from L-R 1st row:William Stanley Pike, Roy Escott Pike, Baby brother, Royce Ermon Pike, Miriam Evelyn (Pike) Fairbrother; 2nd row: Luzerne Spencer, Florence Elita (Wells) Pike, 3rd. row: Euleta (Parsons) Pike, Sidney Richards, Charles Eldred Pike, Roy Ernest Pike& Harold B. Howard.
- Jon Slam Dunk (2582 KB)
Grandson Jon Pike and BB Slam Dunk 2006
- Julia Briggs (Spencer) Pike (26 KB)
This is my Paternal Grandmother that I called "Sweet Pea," or "Grammie Jul." Mrs. Roy Ernest Pike.
- Roy Pike Family 1963 (31 KB)
This is a picture of Roy Escott Pike, Shirley Elizabeth (Hammond) Pike, Michael Alan Pike and Dawn Elizabeth (Pike) Waterhouse from 1963.
- The Roy Pike Family from 1964. (26 KB)
This is a picture of Roy Escott Pike, Shirley Elizabeth (Hammond) Pike, Michael Alan Pike and Dawn Elizabeth (Pike) Waterhouse from 1964.Pike and Dawn Elizabeth (Pike) Waterhouse from 1964.
- This is a holiday Greeting tree from Cousin Allen (88 KB)
Here is a beautiful Holiday Greeting Tree from Christmas Past Cards by Allen Raymond Pike of Carmel, NY. Thanks for sharing your Gift Allen.