Ancestors of Matthew B. Pilcher, IV
1. MatthewBarrow Pilcher IV #91 b. 26-NOV-1943,Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, ref: Self, occupationConsultant/Attorney, m. (1) 1993, in Nashville, Tennessee, Deborah V. Frogge #837, b. 6 Apr 1956,Nashville, Tennessee, m. (2) 24-AUG-1967, in Athens, McMinn County, Tennessee,1989, Florence Annette Senn #92, b. 04-FEB-1944,Annapolis, Arundal County, Maryland, occupation Librarian, d. LIV 1990,Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee. Matthew living 2001, Manchester, Coffee County, Tennessee. Matthew hastwo children, Matthew V and Cynthia who are both living and two minorgrandchildren, Autumn and Jessica, who are the daughters of Cynthia.
2. MatthewBarrow Pilcher III #94 b. 16-NOV-1906,Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, ref: Self, occupation Stock Broker, m.25-SEP-1939, in Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, Kathryn Elizabeth Swiggart #95, b. 19-APR-1915, UnionCity, Obion County, Tennessee, occupation Housewife/Social Worker, d. LIV 1990,Nashville, Tennessee. Matthew died8-11-1994, Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee.
3. Kathryn Elizabeth Swiggart #95 b. 19-APR-1915, UnionCity, Obion County, Tennessee, occupation Housewife/Social Worker, d. LIV 1990,Nashville, Tennessee.
4. MatthewBarrow Pilcher II #103 b. 05-DEC-1871,Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, ref: MPIV/SAR, occupation Grain broker,m. Nov. 1901-2, in ? Macon, Ga., Mary Culler Cobb #457, b. Jan.10,1874,Perry,Ga., d. Mch.18,1915, Nashville,Tn., buried: Mt.Olivet cem.Nashville, 1st M.Mr Leake d.1861. Matthew died 19-JAN-1945, Nashville,Davidson County, Tennessee, buried: Mt.Olivet 1945, Nashville, Davidson County,Tennessee.
5. MaryCuller Cobb #457 b. Jan.10,1874,Perry,Ga., d. Mch.18,1915, Nashville,Tn., buried: Mt.Olivet cem.Nashville, 1st M.Mr Leake d.1861.
6. WilliamHarris Swiggart II #99 b. 02-OCT-1888, UnionCity, Obion County, Tennessee, occupation Attoreny/Supreme Ct Judge, m.17-JUN-1914, in Union City, Obion County, Tennessee, Mary Katherine Mayes #87, b. 27-OCT-1892, Cayce,Fulton County, Kentucky, occupation Housewife, d. 09-MAR-1981, Nashville,Davidson County, Tennessee, buried: __-MAR-1981, Nashville, Davidson County,Tennessee. William died 30-OCT-1962,Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, buried: __-NOV-1962, Nashville, DavidsonCounty, Tennessee. Also served as Asst.Attorney General, State of Tennessee; chief legal counsel for the NC&STLRR.
7. MaryKatherine Mayes #87 b. 27-OCT-1892,Cayce, Fulton County, Kentucky, occupation Housewife, d. 09-MAR-1981,Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, buried: __-MAR-1981, Nashville, DavidsonCounty, Tennessee.
Great Grand Parents
8. MatthewBarrow Pilcher I. #107 b. 01-APR-1840,Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, ref: MPV/SAR, occupation Food broker/Soldier,m. 13-JAN-1867, in Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, Judith Dudley Winston #108, b. 09-Jan-1842,Bardstown, Kentucky, ref: SAR, occupation Housewife, d. 19-Oct-1909, Nashville,Tennessee, buried: __-Oct-1909, Nashville, Tennessee. Matthew died 31-DEC-1908, Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee,buried: __-JAN-1909, Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee. Matthew was a confederate soldier known asthe "Fighting Quartermaster." He was deeply religious, always carrying a bible in his pocket, whichsaved his life during war when it stopped a bullet which would have killed him.Captain Pilcher was also very active in Immanuel Baptist Church of Nashvilleand Superintendant of its Sunday School for 25 years. He was instumental in starting numerous Baptist Churchcongregation in Nashville. He was onthe City Council and President of the Nashville Real Estate Exchange.
9. JudithDudley Winston #108 b. 09-Jan-1842,Bardstown, Kentucky, ref: SAR, occupation Housewife, d. 19-Oct-1909, Nashville,Tennessee, buried: __-Oct-1909, Nashville, Tennessee. Born in Bardstown; family moved to Nashville in her earychildhood. Promi- nent in Nashvillesociety. President of U.D.C., Regentfor Tennessee Room of Confederate Museum, Richmond Va for some years. Active in Tennessee Centen- nial Expositionand Pres for 12 years of Monteagle Ladies Assn. Active in 1st Bap. Church. Had 3 sons and 1 dau. Her dau.married Hon Reau E. Folk
10. MajorJohn Boswell Cobb #451 b. Feb.3,1826,"Cherry Hill"Jefferson Co.Ga., occupation lawyer in Macon, m. (1)Mary Athena (Jackson)Lamar #452, b. Dec.16,1825, d.Jan.10,1863, ?Macon, m. (2) Sept.22,1870, in Perry or Macon, m.Rev.J.K.Leake, 1862. He d.1863.m.2.Maj.Cobb (had 2 ch, Alice Rebecca Culler #456, b. May 4,1843,Perry,Ga., d. Feb.20,1918, Nashville,Tn., buried: Macon,Ga. Major died Nov.21,1893, Macon or Perry Ga.,buried: Macon.
11. AliceRebecca Culler #456 b. May 4,1843,Perry,Ga., m. (1) Sept.22,1870, in Perry or Macon, m.Rev.J.K.Leake, 1862. He d.1863. m.2.Maj.Cobb (had 2 ch, MajorJohn Boswell Cobb #451, b. Feb.3,1826,"Cherry Hill"Jefferson Co.Ga., occupation lawyer in Macon, d.Nov.21,1893, Macon or Perry Ga., buried: Macon, m. (2) Alice m.Leake 1, in Hedied 1865, John Boswell Cobb #802, b. Feb.3,1826,Jefferson Co. Ga., ref: C.Chronicles,occupation lawyer, d. Nov.21,1893, Macon, Ga, buried: Macon, Ga. Alice died Feb.20,1918, Nashville,Tn.,buried: Macon,Ga.
12. WilliamHarris Swiggart #136 b. 23-SEP-1849,Jacksonville, Obion County, Tennessee, occupation Attorney/Circuit Judge, m.18-MAY-1876, in Union City, Obion County, Tennessee, Mary Ware"Mollie" Fields #146, b. 16-JAN-1859, UnionCity, Obion County, Tennessee, occupation Housewife, d. 01-SEP-1951, Nashville,Davidson County, Tennessee, buried: __-SEP-1951, Union City, Obion County,Tennessee. William died 23-OCT-1923,Union City, Obion County, Tennessee, buried: OCT-NOV 1923, Obion County,Tennessee. Assistant attorney general,attorney and judge. Considered one ofthe most profound legal scholars in the South.
13. MaryWare "Mollie" Fields #146 b. 16-JAN-1859,Union City, Obion County, Tennessee, occupation Housewife, d. 01-SEP-1951,Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, buried: __-SEP-1951, Union City, ObionCounty, Tennessee.
14. WilliamJames Mayes #84 b. 22-JUN-1851,Clinton, Fulton County, Kentucky, m. 29-OCT-1888, in Brazil, Gibson County,Tennessee, Lyda Bell Dodd #85, b. 05-JAN-1862, GibsonCounty, Tennessee, d. __-___-1947, Union City, Onion County, Tennessee, buried:__-___-1947. William died 02-FEB-1931,Union City, Obion County, Tennessee, buried: __-___-1931, Union City, ObionCounty, Tennessee.
15. LydaBell Dodd #85 b. 05-JAN-1862,Gibson County, Tennessee, d. __-___-1947, Union City, Onion County, Tennessee,buried: __-___-1947.
Great Great Grand Parents
16. MerittScott Pilcher #227 b. 01-Jan-1802, Woodford Co.Ky., occupation Boatcaptain/merchant, m. 26-Dec.1831, in Nashville, Davidson County,Tennessee, by Rev.Wm. Hume, NancyBarrow #228, b. 11-APR-1812,Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, occupation Housewife, d. 11-APR-1885,Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee. Meritt died 11-Jan.1865, Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee, buried:Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee. Meritt was a successful merchant in Nashville and a steamboatcaptain. He and Nancy are both buriedat Mt. Olivet Cemetary, Nashville, Tennessee. Master Mason,Cumberland Lodge8,11-5-1825;Royal Arch Mason,Cumberlans Ch.1; Knight Templar,NashvilleCommandery1,4-19-1847. aster of Lodge.
17. NancyBarrow #228 b. 11-APR-1812,Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, occupation Housewife, d. 11-APR-1885,Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee.
18. JohnDudley Winston M.D. #574 b. 1 May 1783,Louisa Co.Va., occupation surgeon, m. 27 Apr.1831, in Adair Co.Ky., Ann JaneCaldwell #586, b. 9 Mch.1813,Columbia,Adair co.Ky., d. 1 Feb.1875, Nashville,Tn. John died 23 Sept.1873, Nashville,Tn., buried: willrec.bk.3,1840-75. 1810:to Green Co.Ky.with parents. lived Adair Co.Ky.,went to Transylvania College,Lexington,Ky.tostudy medicine under kinsman,Dr.Benjamin Winslow Dudley (in his obituary)practiced first in Columbia,Ky.then moved to Nashville,Tn.where he died.Ref.Trabue bk.,Oct.1873:Nashville Journal of Medicine & Surgery.Bush notesfrom Folk.
19. AnnJane Caldwell #586 b. 9 Mch.1813,Columbia,Adair co.Ky., d. 1 Feb.1875, Nashville,Tn.
22. PhilipBenjamin Derrell Hart Culler #805 b. 12-17-1815, Orangeburg, S.C.,occupation physician, m. 9-30-1840, in ? Perry, Ga., Mary Simpson Cobb #806, d. Perry, Ga., attended Wesleyan College. Philip died Nov.4,1876, Perry,Ga.
23. MarySimpson Cobb #806 d. Perry, Ga., attended Wesleyan College.
24. JeremiahSwiggart #130 b. 15-DEC-1825,Tennessee, occupation Stage driver/Farmer, m. 07-JUN-1847, in Obion County,Tennessee, Elizabeth N. Cullom #134, b. 26-OCT-1833, ObionCounty, Tennessee, d. 12-SEP-1873, Obion County, Tennessee, buried:__-SEP-1873, Obion County, Tennessee. Jeremiah died 23-MAR-1893, Obion County, Tennessee, buried: __-MAR-1893,Obion County, Tennessee. Home near HarrisStation, Jacksonville, Tennessee; prior to moving here he drove a stage betweenDresden, Tn and Hickman, Ky. Harris Station was the mid point of the stageline. In 1853, Jeremiah changed thespelling of his name from Swaggart to Swiggart. Will named Laura or Lena RayPankey, a grand-daugh- ter. May be SaraA.'s children; no other information on them.
25. ElizabethN. Cullom #134 b. 26-OCT-1833,Obion County, Tennessee, d. 12-SEP-1873, Obion County, Tennessee, buried:__-SEP-1873, Obion County, Tennessee. Dau of James Northcraft and Polly Totten Cullom, early settlers of ObionCounty, Tennessee. ref.for Cullom fm:Md.Historical Mag.(Md.HistoricalSoc.)VI,1911 p.57 Colonial Militia 1740,1748 Prince Geo.Co.Md.Nov.5,1748"List of Capt.Tobias Bell's Co.1748 includes Edward Norcraft.
28. WilliamThomas Mayes #46 b. 07-JAN-1823, NorthCarolina, occupation Farmer, m. 06-JUN-1832, in Dresden, Tennessee, SarahPauline Bondurant #9, b. 06-JUN-1832, Dresden,Tennessee, ref: Tombstone, d. __-___-1854, Cayce, Fulton County, Kentucky,buried: __-___-1854, Cayce, Fulton County, Kentucky. William died 30-FEB-1887, Clinton, Kentucky, buried: 1887, Mt.Zion Cemetery, Clinton, Kentucky. Hisfather's estate left 150 acres near Cayce, KY to him in March, 1874.
29. SarahPauline Bondurant #9 b. 06-JUN-1832,Dresden, Tennessee, ref: Tombstone, d. __-___-1854, Cayce, Fulton County,Kentucky, buried: __-___-1854, Cayce, Fulton County, Kentucky.
3rd Great Grand Parents
32. MosesPilcher #243 b. __-___-1771,Culpepper County, Virginia, m. BEF 1803, in Lexington, Kentucky?, 2nd, mEdward Pilcher Feb.1838, ElizabethCollins #244, b. 1773, Lexington,Kentucky?, d. 01-MAR-1838, Lexington, Kentucky?, buried: __-___-1838,Lexington, Kentucky?. Moses died 1806,Lexington, Kentucky, buried: 1806, Lexington, Kentucky. Moved to KY in 1793. Their first child was born in 1802. He married in Ken- tucky, presumably inLexington, sometime between 1793 and 1803.
33. ElizabethCollins #244 b. 1773, Lexington,Kentucky?, d. 01-MAR-1838, Lexington, Kentucky?, buried: __-___-1838,Lexington, Kentucky?. Elizabeth marriedEdward Pilcher after Moses death on 2/7/1838 and died at the home of her Daughter,Nancy, who married James Hensley.
34. MatthewBarrow #469 b. Apr.23,1784,Green Co.N.C., occupation of Barrow's Hill, m. July 3,1808, in DavidsonCo,Tn., m.by John Overton, Martha(Patsy) Childress #470, b. Oct.30,1789,Davidson Co.Tn., d. Dec.11,1872, Davidson Co.Tn. Matthew died May 30,1855, Nashville,Tn., buried: sd.to have comefrom Ga., ?sn.Jas.Barrow, close rel.WylieB1770-1825. RefWm.Barrow Floyd:THEBARROW FAMILY OF OLD LA.;1963,pub.by author,Lexing.Ky. Believed to be son ofJames Barrow of N.C.& close relative of Wylie Barrow ofNashville.(1770-1825.They lived in great elegance on Barrow Hill.Ralph E.W.Earle painted his portrait 1829;Patsy's by W.B.Cooper c.1839.
35. Martha(Patsy) Childress #470 b. Oct.30,1789,Davidson Co.Tn., d. Dec.11,1872, Davidson Co.Tn.
36. JohnBickerton Winston #111 b. 01-MAY-1783, NewKent Co.Va., ref: DAR 22504, occupation Rev.soldier, m. __-___-1802, Judith T.Dudley #112, b. July 1782, LouisaCo.Va., d. Oct.28,1840, Adair Co.Ky. John died 23 Dec.1846, Green Co.Ky. Served as Captain in the 14th Regiment and as Major in the Louisa CountyMili- tia. Received a warrant formilitary service from 12/6/1776 to 2/13/1781, Continental Line. In 1781 commission a major in Lousia Co Miluntil the end of the war. Ky.census 1850:lists ch.inc.Judith age 8,Mary age5,Augusta age 3,Eliza age2 Alfred 7 mo. Sold La.Co.land 1805,1809,1816
37. JudithT. Dudley #112 b. July 1782, LouisaCo.Va., d. Oct.28,1840, Adair Co.Ky. Proof of relationship to fa.proved in Spotsylvania DBQQ p.297-8 6 May1839 Patsy Winston m.Nathan Montgomery of Adair Co.Ky.,dau.ofJn.&Judith,dec.sd. Judith T.Winston "being before her marriage..dau.of Peter Dudley dec.of Spots Co."
38. WilliamCaldwell #729 b. 10 Aug.1777, m.20 Sept.1808, in Green Co.Ky., Nancy Ann Trabue #730, b. 24 Nov.1783, d. 16Feb.1846, Adair Co.Ky. William died 10Jan.1854, Adair Co.Ky.deed bkTp.324 lists heirs, 1801-1854 clerk co.& circuit courts. 1st Ma.13 Aug.1802.She died 3 Sept.1809.Ref.Trabue bk.Caldwell notebk.in archives p.193,Mrs. Norman Lincoln.
39. NancyAnn Trabue #730 b. 24 Nov.1783, d.16 Feb.1846, Adair Co.Ky.
46. HowellLewis Cobb #816 b. 1770, Granville,N.C., ref: Sorley,, m. 8 May 1810, Martha Jacqueline Rootes #817, b. 28 Sept.1786,Fredericksburg or Gloucester Co.Va. Howell died 1717-1818, Jefferson, Ga., buried: will filed, 1818, 1807-congress, 1803-apptd. commissionerMilledgeville. Ref:Sorley:Lewis Family;Knight: History of Ga.or Reminiscences of Famous Georgians.
47. MarthaJacqueline Rootes #817 b. 28 Sept.1786,Fredericksburg or Gloucester Co.Va. Va.H.Mag.v.4 (1896-7) p.208-9 gives data above but says no ch.by HowellCobb. 2nd.mar.10 Sept.1819 Dr. HenryJackson, Englishman,Prof. of Philosophy & chem Univ. of Ga.Ch:Henry RootesJackson of Savannah.His son, a dist. lawyer of Atlanta m.his cousin, a daughterof Gen. T.R.R. Cobb.
48. JohnChristian Swaggart #126 b. BEF 1787, m. AFT1794, in Tennessee, Jennet Jane ____ #127, b. CIR 1795, d. CIR1838, Tennessee. John died __-___-1826,Tennessee.
49. JennetJane ____ #127 b. CIR 1795, d. CIR1838, Tennessee.
50. JamesNorthcraft Cullom #874 b. Jan.24,1802,Wayne Co.Ky., occupation only one in fm.not polit., m. 12-6-1825, in OvertonCo.Tn., Polly Totten #875, b. 12-30-1807,occupation Tn., d. 12-3-1836, Obion Co.Tn. James died will:9-18-1852, Totten's Wells,Obion Co.Tn., inf.in 1896 letter from Jn.T.Cullom. Northcraft: English-Scottish family on banksof Potomac near Baltimore,Md. Migrated to Wayne Co.Ky.(tax records 1803) thento Overton Co.Tn. 11 children Jn.T.Cullom b.c.1824,m.twice,diedDresden,Tn.after 1896 2:Wm.b.c.1825,d.aft 52 James Clinton 1834-Feb.26,18404.Mary (Youngest)d. aft.1852 in Livingston,Tn. 5:Napoleon N.6:Martha 7:Smith8:Nancy Malvina b.Dec.10,1827 d.Dec.7,1854 m. John D.Verhine 9:BenjaminLockhart b.7-7-1830,d.10-21-1850 Elizabeth
51. PollyTotten #875 b. 12-30-1807,occupation Tn., d. 12-3-1836, Obion Co.Tn.
56. ThomasDavid Mayes #201 b. 22-DEC-1799,Virginia, ref: Family Bible, occupation Farmer, m. 31-DEC-1819, in Halifax,Virginia?, Nancy Miller #202, b. 17-SEP-1799, ref:Mayes Fam Bible, occupation House/Farmwife, d. 05-JUN-1852, Fulton County,Kentucky, buried: __-JUN-1852, Fulton County, Kentucky. Thomas died 07-FEB-1852, Fulton County,Kentucky, buried: __-___-1852, Fulton County, Kentucky. Circa 1830, Thomas David, may also have beenknown as Douglas, settled in Ful- ton County, KY near Jordan. ____ was thrownby a horse and killed. His father mayhave been one Drury Mayes (b.BEF 1782), mar. 12/23/1792, Halifax VA to oneNancy Douglas?. Drury Mayes' father mayhave been one Will. Mayes (b. BEF 1742) who married Sara Latham 2/9/1752. William died in Halifax Co VA. His fatherwas one Matthew Mayes who was born circa 1686. Drury may have been born1/13/1727, Prince Geo, VA and moved to Halifax '35 and to Amelia Co at age 65.
57. NancyMiller #202 b. 17-SEP-1799, ref:Mayes Fam Bible, occupation House/Farmwife, d. 05-JUN-1852, Fulton County,Kentucky, buried: __-JUN-1852, Fulton County, Kentucky.
58. RobertMoseley Bondurant #3 b. 04-DEC-1798,Virginia, m. 15-FEB-1820, in Dresden, Tennessee, Nancy Sheperd #4, b. 15-OCT-1803, d.13-APR-1893. Robert died 18-NOV-1858,buried: m.15 Feb.1820, Dresden,Tn. NancySheperd's names is also spelled Shepherd and Sheppard in some records.
59. NancySheperd #4 b. 15-OCT-1803, d.13-APR-1893. Nancy Sheperd's names isalso spelled Sheppard and Shepherd in some records.
4th Great Grand Parents
64. JoshuaPilcher #236 b. __-___-1749,Culpepper County, Virginia, occupation Farmer/Trader/Soldier, m. IN/BEF 1768,in Culpepper County, Virginia, Nancy Ballard #240, b. EST BEF 1749,Culpepper County, Virginia, occupation Housewife, d. AFT Aug 1810, Ky.? but inhome of a child. Joshua died__-AUG-1810, Fayette County, Kentucky, buried: AUG/SEP 1810, Fayette County,Kentucky. When his parents and brothersmoved to North Carolina, Joshua remained in VA and moved with his family toKentucky in 1793.
65. NancyBallard #240 b. EST BEF 1749,Culpepper County, Virginia, occupation Housewife, m. (1) IN/BEF 1768, inCulpepper County, Virginia, Joshua Pilcher #236, b. __-___-1749, CulpepperCounty, Virginia, occupation Farmer/Trader/Soldier, d. __-AUG-1810, FayetteCounty, Kentucky, buried: AUG/SEP 1810, Fayette County, Kentucky, m. (2) inNancy may be second wife, Joshua Pilcher #437, b. 1749, Culpepper,Va,ref: Vernon, occupation farmer, d. Aug.1810, Fayette Co.Ky. Nancy died AFT Aug 1810, Ky.? but in home ofa child. Nancy may have been Joshua'ssecond wife. No clear record. After Joshua's death in 1810, Nancy soldeverything and went to live with one of her children
70. JohnChildress #783 b. c.1735,?Lunenberg,Va., occupation 0, m. Nancy Hickman #784, b. 27 Dec.1765, ?Tn.,d. 24 Oct.1840. John died Dec.23,1811,1789 moved to Tn.Last two ch. born Tn., buried: will recorded, DavidsonCo.Tn. in state library, a Jn.Childers in militia 1765 HalifaxCo. Jn. bought land on CrookedCreek,N.C. then in Surry Co.now Stokes Co..N.C. c.1771. John & SusannahFarmer gave John a slave,Hannah,in Cornwall Par.
71. NancyHickman #784 b. 27 Dec.1765,?Tn., d. 24 Oct.1840.
72. JohnWinston #113 b. 14-Oct-1757,"Ceresco" Hanover Co.Va., ref: DAR #276396, occupation Capt.in Rev.,m. 07-Dec.1780, in Louisa County, Virginia, Mary Johnson #114, b. 30-Aug 1763, LouisaCounty, Virginia, ref: SAR, d. 10-Nov.1823, Louisa County, Virginia, buried:will d.4 June, 1822,probate1823.will bk.6,p.410. John died 23-Apr-1800, Louisa County, Virginia, buried: __-APR-1800,Louisa County, Virginia. L.Co.willbk.4,p143:acct.of sales of estate of Jn,W.16 Dec.1800.Mrs.Mary W.,Jn.W.Rich.Grimstead,Capt.Thos.Gardner,Jn.Nuckolls,Jn.Wood,Thos.Stubbs,HenryPendelton,..Ed.Dudley,Wm.Smith Ballard,Thos.W.Anth.W.Jos.W.Bickerton Wrcd.9 Mc1801. Served in Rev.6-12-1776 to 13-2-1781.Rcd.4,000 A.31 May1783 (Rev.Soldierbk.1 p120 capt.14 Va.Reg.
73. MaryJohnson #114 b. 30-Aug 1763,Louisa County, Virginia, ref: SAR, d. 10-Nov.1823, Louisa County, Virginia,buried: will d.4 June, 1822,probate1823.will bk.6,p.410. La.Co.History p.435,DAR #276396,Inf. fromShade Murray.1983 also 140697
74. MajorPeter Dudley #341 b. c.1749,?Spotsylvania Co., ref: Spot.deed bk.kp, occupation property in Spots., m. (1)by 1782, in ?Spots.Co.Va.?Caroline Co., Susannah Davis #553, ref: deed bk.Kp.373,occupation Spots.co.1782-1785, d. by 1798, ?Spotsylvania Co., buried: hadchildren, Ref.:Crozier:Va.Co.Records1971, m. (2) 1798, in widow of Peter Rawlins, Anna Jones #558, b. c.1758, Caroline Co.Va...., d. c1809, 1.c1778, Peter Rawlings, m. (3) Oct.1810, inSpots.Co.rec.DB Sp169, Mildred Grymes Thornton #388, occupation Peter is#341, d. 16 Mch.1822, Spotsylvania Co.Va.will pvd Sept.1822, pa:Benjamin & Priscilla Rootes Grimes,m. (4) Catherine Dudley Sales #597, ref: dbEE,p.274, d.c.1824, Spotsylvania Co.Va. Major died.1826, 1783 had 7 slaves, buried: Crt.records show will probatedSpots.Co., k;1782-5,P, Va.Gen.p28. 1783:Peter,gent.lived Spotsylvania Co.,hadsons and daughters by 2nd.wife. 22 June,1798 entered into marriage agreementwith Anna Rawlings(who also had Nancy wife of Bickerton Winston plus 2sons).Peter in Spots.1793,1796,1799. Both Tyler & C.Dudley say he &Ambrose are sons of Robt.who m.Ann Punis but dates don't fit;they must be sonsof Robert & Joyce who m.1746,Amb.b.c1750. Have not found proof ofRev.service;Robt.,Son Robt.,Ambrose all have sons named Peter;data isconfused,but overall relationship relationship seems 0k.
75. SusannahDavis #553 ref: deed bk.Kp.373,occupation Spots.co.1782-1785, d. by 1798, ?Spotsylvania Co., buried: hadchildren, Ref.:Crozier:Va.Co.Records1971. Deed book of Spots.Co.shows otherchildren not named. 9 sept.1784 p293,also ..Spots.Co.Records,p.385: Jas. Trueand Sarah his wife of Caroline Co.of the first part;Peter Dudley and Susannahhis wife of Spotsylvania Co of the2nd.. 3rd part...4th..whereas the said Peter Dudley has been seized in fee in acert ain tract of land 150 A..sold to Jas.True..before conveyance..sd.Jas. soldthe same..re dower right of Sarah Bryant,former wife ofJas.True.wit.Thos.Colson Caroline Co.7 Sept.1785 record of property transfer"Mark Davis & Susannah wfe
76. JohnCaldwell #738 b. 1747,Lunenberg,Va., ref: DAR#174151 etc., m. 7 June 1775, in Columbia,Ky., Phebe(Dicey) Mann #739, ref:Cald.papers,193. John died 1829,Columbia,Ky. Infantry Va.ContinentalLine Dunmore,s War 1774:lt.under Capt.McClure rcd.warrant for2000A.Bockstruck;p.316:p335:Augusta Co.17 Apr.1767 exempted from mil.service
77. Phebe(Dicey) Mann #739 ref:Cald.papers,193. John m.2nd:Jane NeelyWalker-5 ch.
78. WilliamTrabue #637 b. 13 Mch.1756,Chesterfield Co.Va., ref: Trabue bk., m. 12 Feb.1783, in Chesterfield Co.Va.,Elizabeth Haskins #636, b. 29 Sept.1759, ?Chesterfield Co.Va., d. 10 Oct.1825, Green Co.Ky. near Russell Ck. William died 2 Mch.1786, ChesterfieldCo.Va. 2nd.child:Phoebe Trabuem.Rev.Isaac Hodgen..see Trabue book.
79. ElizabethHaskins #636 b. 29 Sept.1759, ?Chesterfield Co.Va., d. 10 Oct.1825, Green Co.Ky. near Russell Ck.
92. JohnCobb #857 b. 1740, YorkCo.Va., ref: Cobb Chronicles, m. 1768, in Granville Co.N.C., Mildred Lewis #840, b. c1750, Va. or N.C.,d. bef.1812, ?Granville,N.C. John diedaft.1783, Granville Co.N.C.
93. MildredLewis #840 b. c1750, Va. orN.C., m. (1) Sept.6,1769, in Granville,N.C., John Cobbs #856, m. (2) 1768, inGranville Co.N.C., John Cobb #857, b. 1740, York Co.Va.,ref: Cobb Chronicles, d. aft.1783, Granville Co.N.C. Mildred died bef.1812, ?Granville,N.C.
96. JohnChristian Swaggart #124 b. BFT 1763,Germany, m. in Germany or Maryland, Mrs Swaggart #125. John died AFT 1786, Maryland?. Immigrated to US on 30 April 1773 on theCatherine out of London
97. MrsSwaggart #125.
100. WilliamCullom #878 b. Nov.11,1764-6,Hartford Co.Md (ne of Baltimore), m. Oct.20,1790, in Wayne Co.or Md., ElizabethNorthcraft #879, b. Hartford Co.Md.,ref: Prom.Tn.p54-5, d. Mch.28,1838, ?Wayne Co.Ky., buried: age 94, very active,devout Methodist. William died Mch.28,1838, ? Wayne Co.Ky. 11 ch.1:Tillman: ran away at 15,in War of1812 in NW.2:Edward N.moved to Ill. 3:Richard N.fa.of Shelby M.:inlegislature,gov.,U.S. senator of Ill.4:Alvin, one of the 1st.lawyers in Tn.incongress,settled in Overton Co.,5:Verlinda F. died um.7:Susan m.AlfredPhillips,din Ill.8:Permelia M.Rev.Wm.Brown,Meth.minis ter.9:Elizabeth m.DrSpencer McHenry,died of consumption,dau.Va.10:Wm.b6-4-10 Elk Spring Valley nearMonticello,Wayne Co.Ky. lawyer in Carthage,Tn.successfu political career inWash.,judge in Tn.
101. ElizabethNorthcraft #879 b. Hartford Co.Md., 1st.cousins, ref: Prom.Tn.p54-5, d.Mch.28,1838, ?Wayne Co.Ky., buried: age 94, very active,devout Methodist.
102. BenjaminTotten II #885 b. 1-25-1779,Indiana, m. 4-18-99, Polly McDonald #886, b. 1-18-1779, ?OvertonCo.Tn., d. Jan.26,1843, Totten Family Cemetery,Obion Co.Tn. Benjamin died 4-22-1847, Obion Co.Tn.,buried: lived in Overton Co.
103. PollyMcDonald #886 b. 1-18-1779,?Overton Co.Tn., d. Jan.26,1843, Totten Family Cemetery,Obion Co.Tn.
114. RichardMiller #210 b. BEF 1799, m. BEF1800, Pasty ____ #211, b. BEF 1799, d. AFT1820. Richard died AFT 1820. Richard & Patsy had to have been bornbefore 1789 as that was the year Nancy their daughter was born. The same applies to their marriage date.
115. Pasty____ #211 b. BEF 1799, d. AFT1820.
116. BenjaminBondurant #1 b. 17-FEB-1773, Virginia, ref: Family Bible, occupationUnknown, m. (1) 12-JUL-1797, in Virginia, Sarah East Moseley #1 #2, b. 04-MAY-1780, Virginia,ref: Family Bible, occupation Housewife, d. 22-AUG-1832, Dresden, Tennessee orVa., buried: m.2nd 12 D,1833, Dresden.Tn.Martha Aydelotte, Ch.all Benj. Sarah,s, m. (2) 12-DEC-1833, inDresden, Tennessee, Martha Aydelotte #17, b. 04-APR-1784, d.11-AUG-1845. Benjamin died 53-OCT-1845,Dresden, Tennessee,buried: 1845, Dresden, Tennessee. Movedfrom Virginia, probably Manakintown, Buckingham County, in 1822. No children ofthe second marriage to Martha Aydelette. Inf.given Katherine S. from DruryBondurant who copied fam.Bible in possession of Andy Bondurant living in 1928between Cayce Fulton,Ky. on tn. state line road. 1928
117. SarahEast Moseley #1 #2 b. 04-MAY-1780,Virginia, ref: Family Bible, occupation Housewife, d. 22-AUG-1832, Dresden,Tennessee or Va., buried: m.2nd 12 D,1833, Dresden.Tn.Martha Aydelotte, Ch.all Benj. Sarah,s.
5th Great Grand Parents
128. JamesPilcher I #234 b. CIR 1729,Culpepper County, Virginia, m. BEF 1749, in Culpepper County, Virginia, PhoebeFielding #235, b. EST CIR 1700's,Culpepper County, Virginia, d. IN/AFT 1790, Surrey County, NorthCarolina?. James died York District,South Carolina.
129. PhoebeFielding #235 b. EST CIR 1700's,Culpepper County, Virginia, d. IN/AFT 1790, Surrey County, NorthCarolina?. James lived most of his lifein Culpepper County. He moved to SurreyCounty with his wife to be with his son Robert and, just before his death,followed Robert to the York District where he shortly died. Son deeded land to her after his father'sdeath in 1790 in Surrey County.
140. HenryChildress Jr. #908 b. changed sp.fromChilders to Childress, occupation 1758 to Lunenberg now Ch., m. c.1735-7, inChesterfield Co.Va., Mary Farmer #909, buried: pa:Jn.&5usannah Farmer, dau.Sarah m., EdwinSmith. Henry died will 1760,Chesterfield Co.Va., buried: 3 Mch.1761, recorded deed bk.1 ChesterfieldCo.Va., names wife Mary,11ch,(sons:Jn.Henry,Tho. 1748:Chesterfield Co. formed from Henrico;Childers were large landownerson both sides of 4 mile creek,below Richmond. Lunenberg deed bk.5,p.436 showsJn.Farmer gave son-in-law of Cornwall Par.a slave,Hannah.
141. MaryFarmer #909 buried: pa:Jn.&5usannah Farmer, dau.Sarah m., EdwinSmith. Lunenbury deed bk.5 p.436 JohnFarmer gave son-in-law H,C. slave Hannah in Cornwall Par.
142. WilliamHickman #797 b. c.1732, m. Ann #798. William died 1811, Tn., buried: m.Ann.
143. Ann #798.
144. JohnWinston #115 b. 09-June-1724,Hanover County, Virginia, ref: DAR,, occupation Capt.14th.Va.Reg., m.03-FEB-1746, Alice Bickerton #116, b. CIR 1728, d. CIR1799. John died Dec.1788, HanoverCounty, Virginia. 1748-9:procesioner oflands,24 Nov.1761 vestryman till dec.;1761,1763-4,1766-7 church warden;enlisted6 Dec.1776'Capt.14th Va.regiment,on 24 Feb.1777 called 10th Va.;14 Sept.1778inactive till retired 1781. Torrence p.39,DAR 174151,54533,Va.M.H.v.29,p370(1921).
145. AliceBickerton #116 b. CIR 1728, d. CIR1799.
146. ThomasJohnson #697 b. 6 Mch.1736,occupation sheriff La.Co.1775 co.com, m. 12 Aug.1762, Elizabeth Meriwether #679, b. 8 Mch.1744, ?La.Co.Va., d. Aug.1812, La.Co.Va. Thomas died 12 Aug.1803, probate Louisa Co.Va.1803. 1775:member La. Co.Com.5 May 1766 granted;etters of adm.of fa.'s estate sheriff La.Co.1786
147. ElizabethMeriwether #679 b. 8 Mch.1744, ?La.Co.Va., d. Aug.1812, La.Co.Va.
148. RobertDudley #336 b. Nov.10,1726, ?Middlesex,Va., ref: ,3,4,Dean:, occupation ch.grown,then divided, m. Feb.1746,in Spotsylvania Co.Va., in fa's will,Joyce Gayle #337, b. Spotsylvania,Co.Va.,ref: 3v5, occupation 1, buried: pos.m.2nd:Aaron Quisenberry son of Thos., of Caroline Co. Robert died 27 Dec.1766, Spotsylvania Co.Va. St.Geo.Par., buried: will witness Robt GayleJr.wife Joice ex, 2p154, with sonRobt.estate intact until young. willwitnesed by Rawlin Thornton & Matthew Gale Jr. Inf.from Frankfort,Ky.library in letter from Janis R.Shrouf,2720 Cypress, Norman,Okla.
149. JoyceGayle #337 b.Spotsylvania,Co.Va., ref: 3v5, occupation 1,buried: pos.m.2nd:Aaron Quisenberry son of Thos., of Caroline Co. wrongRobert Dudley. ma.date is right
152. DavidCaldwell #742 b. 1708, Ireland,occupation Ruling elder Cub Cr.Pres., m. Mary Dudgeon #743, d. aft.1769, Ky. David died 1769, CubCreek,(Charlotte)Lunenberg Co.Va., buried: 5 Sept.1749:200 A.on SnowCreek., 16 Aug.1776:300 A.on TurnipCreek. Ref:Caldwell Workbook inTn.Archives,DAR Lineage book,Collins:History of Ky.
153. MaryDudgeon #743 d. aft.1769, Ky.
156. JohnJames Trabue #778 b. 1722,Chesterfield Co.Va., m. 1744, in Chesterfield Co.Ky., Olymph Dupuy #779, b. 12 Nov.1729,Chesterfield Co.Va., ref: Trabue bk., d. 1822, Woodford Co.Ky. John died 21 Dec.1775, Chesterfield Co.Va.
157. OlymphDupuy #779 b. 12 Nov.1729,Chesterfield Co.Va., ref: Trabue bk., d. 1822, Woodford Co.Ky.
158. RobertHaskins #634 b. 1732, FrederickCo.Va.(formerly Henrico ?), ref: Trabue p.209, occupation Col.Va.militia1777-81, m. c.1755, in Frederick Co.Va., Elizabeth Hill #635, b. c.1733, ChesterfieldCo.or Surrey Co.Va., d. 13 Apr.1817, Adair Co.Ky., buried: pa:Hill fm.of SurryCo.English descent. Robert died 2Dec.1804, Greensburg,Adair Co.Ky. on fm.farm, farmer,Baptist. Ref.:Va. CountyRecords Chesterfield v.6p.240; Harper:Colonial Men and Times p.263.Pittman:Americans of Gentle Birth.Inf. from Nancy Berley, Colombia,Ky. 1987.Saffell'sRev.Records
159. ElizabethHill #635 b. c.1733,Chesterfield Co.or Surrey Co.Va., d. 13 Apr.1817, Adair Co.Ky., buried: pa:Hillfm.of Surry Co.English descent.
184. JohnCobb #872 b. 1700, ?YorkCo.Va., occupation other ch., m. Susannah Addison #873, occupation 4ch., d.Albemarle Co.Va. John died 1775,?Albrmarle Co.Va., m., SusannahAddison.
185. SusannahAddison #873 occupation 4ch., d.Albemarle Co.Va.
186. Capt.HowellLewis #838 b. Sept.13,1731,"The Byrd", Goochland, Va., m. Sept.6,1769, in Granville, N.C., MaryIsabella Willis #839, b. June 10,1733, d.Sept.5,1813, fa: Col. Henry Willis of Fredericksburg, Va. Mo: 2nd m., Mildred Howell Brown. Capt. Howell died Nov.20,1813, Granville,N.C., buried: 2-18-1814 prob., Sorley Lewis of Warner Hall, to N.C.1760, Wheeler: Sketches ofN.C.v.2,pp165-6. 10 ch.
187. MaryIsabella Willis #839 b. June 10,1733, d.Sept.5, 1813, fa: Col. Henry Willis of Fredericksburg, Va, Mo:2nd m., Mildred Howell Brown.
200. GeorgeCullom #876 b.? Hartford Co.Md., Jacob Cullen of SomersetCo.Md.1745 ?, ref: see messages, occupation tobacco Farmer -devout, m. in Md.,Susannah Northcraft #877, b. near WashingtonCity, Md., d. age 94, ?Wayne Co.Ky., Methodist, devout, much charitablework, talented. George died aft.3-10-1810,Wayne Co. Ky. fa. or bro. went to Wayne Co.1810, Methodist, Ref. says he died near Bull Run in Va. Fam. of Scotch origin of Clan McCullom withsome Welsh blood. Prominent Tennesseans, p.54. Calendar of Maryland StatePapers, No1. The Black Books: p. 204: 4-29, 1768. Rev. Hughes, rector ofCoventry Parish (Somerset & Worchester Co.’s to Gov. Horatio Sharpe: Hugheswent to Coventry Par. as soon as he was inducted. The people refused to accepthim. Mr.White, who supported him, was seized to be thrown into the millpond...a 1000 men would pull down the house of Mr. Cullen, where he was topreach.p.73 refers to Jacob Cullen of Somerset Par.
201. SusannahNorthcraft #877 b. near WashingtonCity,Md., d. age 94, ?WayneCo.Ky., Methodist, devout,muchcharitable work,talented.
204. BenjaminTotten Sr. #883 b. 1730,Fishkill,Duchess Co.N.Y., m. in 2nd m:--Griffin; 3rd ma:Geo.Teater Sr., EasterHicks #884, b. 1755, LongIsland,N.Y., d. Feb.1835, Ky., buried: Pa:Timothy & Rachel Hicks ofFishkill, Rumbout,N.Y. Benjamin died 1790, near Lynchburg,Va.
205. EasterHicks #884 b. 1755, LongIsland,N.Y., d. Feb.1835, Ky., buried: Pa:Timothy & Rachel Hicks ofFishkill, Rumbout,N.Y.
206. PhillipMcDonnald #890 m. Judith McDonnald #891, b. c.1759, ?Maryland,d. Nov.2,1819, ?Overton Co.Tn., buried: sd.to be full-bodied Irish orScotch-Ir. Phillip buried: ??OvertonCo.Tn.
207. JudithMcDonnald #891 b. c.1759,?Maryland, d. Nov.2,1819, ?Overton Co.Tn., buried: sd.to be full-bodied Irishor Scotch-Ir.
232. DarbyBondurant #13 b. 01-JAN-1749, Va.,ref: Family Bible, m. (1) 16-OCT-1771, Ruth Agee #14, b. 02-JAN-1748, ref:Family Bible, d. 01-DEC-1781, Virginia, m. (2) 10-12-1786, Lucy Hall #51, b. BEF 1776, d.11-23-1817. Darby died 01-NOV-1828,Manakintown, Virginia.
233. RuthAgee #14 b. 02-JAN-1748, ref:Family Bible, d. 01-DEC-1781, Virginia.
6th Great Grand Parents
256. RobertPilcher #232 b. c. 1708, Wales,ref: Vernon:, occupation Pilcher Family History, m. AFT 1718, in Maryland orVirginia, Phoebe Chapman #233, b. Est early 1700, Marylandor Virginia?, d. AFT 1776, Surrey County, North Carolina. Robert died AFT 1776, Surrey County, NorthCarolina, buried: on Yadkin River, in old Pilcher graveyard, fa:Richard, bros:Caleb,John,Benjamin. Vernon bkk.1980 by Lucille Vernon Jackson ofWinston Salem,N,C.27103 moved to Surrey Co.N.C. on Yadkin R.after 1758 with sonJames.
257. PhoebeChapman #233 b. Est early 1700,Maryland or Virginia?, d. AFT 1776, Surrey County, North Carolina.
284. EdwinHickman #795 b. 1690 or1700, m.Eleanor Elliott #796, b. m. Chiles 1st. Edwin died 1769.
285. EleanorElliott #796 b. m. Chiles 1st.
288. WilliamWinston #117 b. 1683, Wales,occupation also son James, m. __-___-1708, Barbara Overton #118, b. 5 Feb.1690, New KentCo.Va., d. 30 Oct.1766, St.Paul's par.Hanover co.Va. William died Jas.or John-no proof as to which, buried: but B' ch.inherited his land-Hanover Co. m.cousinSarah Dabney.3ch:Elizabeth m.Peter Fontaine; Mary Ann m.Dr.Jn.Walker Edmundm.1.cousin Alice Winston,2nd Dorothea Dandridge Henry,widow of Patrick. GeorgeWinston,son of Edmund & Alice,m.cousin dau.of Dorothea.see copy of 1876letter from Isaac Winston of Culpepper,Va. 7 Aug.1720 A Wm.Winston of St.Anne'sPar.Essex Co.
289. BarbaraOverton #118 b. 5 Feb.1690, NewKent Co.Va., m. (1) __-___-1708, William Winston #117, b. 1683, Wales,occupation also son James, d. Jas.or John-no proof as to which, buried: but B'ch. inherited his land-Hanover Co, m. (2) ?1701, in She m.either Jas.or a sonJohn or Jas., evidence is definite butconfused, James Winston #609, b. Wales, ref: Torrencep.39, occupation DAR #174151, d. bro.of Isaac who m.Mary Dabney. Barbara died 30 Oct.1766, St.Paul'spar.Hanover co.Va. 27 Sepy.1729 had1443 A. on so.side of No.Anna R.
290. JohnBickerton #626 b. c1700, England,ref: Torrence p.87, occupation merchant,capt.maj.1747, m. May 1740, in HanoverCo.Va., Mary Todd #627, d. ante 1775, Hanover Co.Va. John died c.1770, St. Paul's Par.HanoverCo,Va., buried: 1743-7Capt.1747 Maj. to Hanover by 1732, 1743-65 vestry St. Paul's Par. jp 1740. Land patents:10 June 1740 Hanover Co.3500A.forks of Hickory Cr. 20 Sept.1745 Goochland Co.200 A.,22 Sept.1766 Lunenburg(now Bedford)340A. both sides middle fork of Falling R. (with Wm.Markham)Arr.Va by 1732(Caroline Co.Rec.)Order bk.p.5.1740 J.P.Hanover Co.
291. MaryTodd #627 d. ante 1775,Hanover Co.Va.
292. NicholasJohnson #709 b. Va., to Louisa Co.1734, ref: wb1, m. infa:Chas.Hudson of Goochland, Eliz.(or Ann) Hudson #710, b. 5 ch. Nicholas died c1764-6, Louisa Co.Va. Dec.1753 John Boswell & Ann his wifemade deed to Thos.,son of Nicholas Jn.
293. Eliz.(orAnn) Hudson #710 b. 5 ch., m.2nd:__Boswell.
294. ThomasMeriwether #667 b. c.1720, LouisaC.Va., occupation Major, m. by 1738, in deed recorded from pa.to dau.&Thos., Elizabeth Thornton #674, b. c.1718, ?LouisaCo.Va.
295. ElizabethThornton #674 b. c.1718, ?LouisaCo.Va. Fa.Francis Thornton,mo.MaryTolliferro,dau.of John and Sarah Smith.Sarah was dau. of Mary and LawrenceSmith.
296. WilliamDudley #314 b. Aug.2,1696, .Va. Gloucester Co., ref: ,3,4,7., m. 27 Apr.1721, in St.Paul,sPar.Hanover,Va., Judith Johnson #335. William died 15 Jan.1760,Middlesex,Va., St.Paul's vestr,1755,59,1677 on shows Richard,Geo.Ambros. St.Paul's Vestry book(1706-86)Wm.Dudley mentioned1755,1759,pp357,359,377,401, 1677 on:shows Dudley:Richard,George,Ambrose.Tyler,s Quarterly lists ch. of Wm.and Judith as Robert,James,Ambrose,omits Wm.and Harvey,puts them in later gen.
297. JudithJohnson #335.
298. MatthewGale #535 338, occupation plantation, m. Judith Gale #536. Matthew died 12 Jan.1772, St. GeorgePar.Spotsylvania Co.Va., buried: ex:wife Judith, will Bk.E 1772-1798. witness to will:Jas.Smith,Geo.Tod,Robert andAmbrose Dudley.Son Matt.Jr rcd. plantation.Also in will ch.Joseph,John,Eliz.Pool,JoyceDudley,Judith Barnaby, Sarah Edwards Deatherage
299. JudithGale #536.
304. JohnCaldwell #745 b. 1638,Antrim,Lifford Par.Ireland, occupation Pres.minister or elder, m. 4 Jan.1703,in County Derry,Ireland, Margaret Phillips #746, b. ?Ireland, ref:Caldwell Wk.bk., d. 1746, Albemarle,Va. John died 6 Oct.1750, Cub Creek,Lunenberg Co.Va., buried: 3 Apr.1751w.pv, will written 26 Nov.1748. 10Dec.1727 landed Newcastle,Del.then c.1742 Lancaster,Pa. then Brunswick,VA.
305. MargaretPhillips #746 b. ?Ireland, ref:Caldwell Wk.bk., d. 1746, Albemarle,Va.
312. AntoineTrabue #775 b. c.1667-8,Montauben,prov.Guyenne,nr.Toulouse,, ref: Trabue bk., m. c.1700, in 1714 listswife,3 ch., Magdalene Verrueil #776, b. 28 Jan.1685,Hague,Holland, d. Manakin Town,Va. Antoine died 24 Jan.1724, King.Wm.Par.Manakin Town,Va.
313. MagdaleneVerrueil #776 b. 28 Jan.1685,Hague,Holland, d. Manakin Town,Va.
316. AaronHaskins #632 b. c1690-5, HenricoCo.Va., m. c1730, in ?Henrico Co.Va., Mary Goode #633, b. ?Henrico Co.Va., d.gr.fa.John Goode b1620-30 Eng., buried: m2.Ann Bennett d.by 1708, Jn.d.1709 Henrico co.Va. Aaron died 1746, Henrico Co.Va.
317. MaryGoode #633 b. ?HenricoCo.Va., fa:Joseph Goode, d. gr.fa.JohnGoode b1620-30 Eng., buried: m2.Ann Bennett d.by 1708, Jn.d.1709 Henrico co.Va. Several Goodes served in Colonial militia inCumberland,Henrico & Lunenberg coBennett,Edward,Jn.McKerness,Philip,Richard,Robt.Thomas & Wm.
368. RobertCobb Jr. #870 b. 1660, York Co.Va,m. Rebecca Vinckler #871, d. aft 1710, ? YorkCo.Va. Robert died 1727, York Co.Va.
369. RebeccaVinckler #871 d. aft 1710, ? YorkCo.Va.
372. Col.CharlesLewis #849 b. ?1696, New Kent,Va., m. in May 17,1717, Mary Howell #850, b. 1700, ? Va., ref:Sorley, occupation fa.Sir John Howell, d. 1779 or 1783, ?Va. Col.Charles died Sept.-Dec.1779, "TheByrd",Goochland Co.Va. to WarnerHall c..1701. Vestry of St.Peter's Parish,New Kent Co.1729 to "Byrd"large landowner. 8 ch.:John b.Chemokins,New Kent Oct.8,1720 m.1st cousin JaneLewis Meriwether, Charles b.Mch.14,1721,of Buck Island m.July 15,1746 MaryRandolph (1725-1803 d.May 14,1782,Albemarle,Va.Elizabeth b.April 23,1724 m.April 3,1744 Wm. Kennon,d.Goochland,Va.,Capt.Jas.b)ct 6,1726 m.Dec.25,1752Elizabeth (m.2nd Wm.Bullock,lived Lunenberg, d.Granville N.C.May 21,1764. Maryd.y.,Anne m.Edmund Taylor b.Mch.2,1733,m1750 d.Granville,N.C.,Howell Lew.
373. MaryHowell #850 b. 1700, ? Va., ref:Sorley, occupation fa.Sir John Howell, d. 1779 or 1783, ?Va. Father:Sir John Howell d.1700-1704. Motherm. 2nd Henry Fielding,d.c1704
408. JonasTotten #881 b. 5705,Fishkill,N.Y., occupation s, m. 1729, in New Windsor,Orange Co.N.Y., Ann Fulton #882, b. 1707, NewWindsor,Orange Co.N.Y., ref: Donald Totten, d. in fa's will 13 June 1770 NewWindsor,NY. Jonas died 1789. Correct Fm:n 1703-1773; Rebecca b.1704M.Jonathan Brooks in1728 3:Benjamin b.1706 :Phebe:b.1708;m.4-14-1730 to HarrySouthard at Nassau, Hempstead:Jonathan 1712-1738 ?Wrong fam. for these ch.Theybelong to Benj. & Rebecca. Correct Ch:Levi 1773-1815 MMaria Waldron1759;James 1734- m.3 Sept,1736 Mir. Bedell;Silas 1735 m.--Thomas m.Cath;Joseph m.Mary Androvet;Mary m.JR Southard
409. AnnFulton #882 b. 1707, NewWindsor,Orange Co.N.Y., ref: Donald Totten, d. in fa's will 13 June 1770 NewWindsor,NY.
464. JohnPeter Bondurant III #15 b. CIR 1730, m. CIR1748, in Virginia, Pauline Marshall Allen #16. John died AFT 1748. Only know child of John Peter Bondurant IIand Sarah Rachel Moseley.
465. PaulineMarshall Allen #16.
466. JamesAgee #52 b. __-___-1725,Manakin Town, Virginia, m. BEF 1749, Elizabeth Ford #53, b. __-___-1729, d.__-___-1821, Maysville, Buckingham County, Virginia, buried: Maysville,Buckingham County, Virginia. James died__-___-1821, Maysville, Buckingham County, Virginia, buried: __-___-1821,Maysville, Buckingham County, Virginia. Preaching services were held in their home for 70 years. Bishop Asbury, one of the first Bishops ofthe Episcopal Church, USA, preached there at one time. James was in athe 7thVirginia Regiment in the Revolutionary War. Vestryman KingWm.parish.1-13-1725 Had 800 A.inHenricoCo.Va. Ch:Noah m.Martha Mask,to Ala.:James m.(1)Susan Yates (2)a Bransford had4 ch.;Jacob in Rev.b.c.1656;6ch by Mary;John b.1749,10 ch.m.Sicily AnnHall,dau.of Dr. Robert Hall & Ann Leary in Rev.d1810;Joseph m.Grace Mask& Nancy Lipscomb;Rhoda m.Thos.Bondurant;Ruth
467. ElizabethFord #53 b. __-___-1729, d.__-___-1821, Maysville, Buckingham County, Virginia, buried: Maysville,Buckingham County, Virginia. Cont.ofJames!message Lines--Rhoda m. Thos. Bondurant;Ruth m.Darby Bond.;Celiam.Jas,Bransford;Mary m. Isaac Garrett,went to Ky.;Chloe m. Chas.Garrett;Nancym.Benj,Radford,went to Ky.
7th Great Grand Parents
568. ThomasHickman #793 b. 1667,Northumberland Co.Va., occupation fa. is Thos. or Nathaniel, m. Martha Thacker #794, b. 1667, d. 1683,buried: gr.mo.Conway, grfa:Eltonhead Conway b.Eng.1646, son of Edwin Conway & Martha Eltonhead. Thomas died 1683. fa.is Thomas or Nathaniel H.,grfa:Nathaniel,d.1656 m. Alice
569. MarthaThacker #794 b. 1667, d. 1683,buried: gr.mo.Conway, grfa:Eltonhead Conway b.Eng.1646, son of Edwin Conway & Martha Eltonhead.
576. IsaacWinston II #598 b. Wales, ref:Ky.Hist.Soc., occupation pat.10,000 A.land,Va,1704, m. Mary Dabney #599, d. Hanover,Va. Isaac died early 1700's, St.Paul'sPar.Hanover,Va.
577. MaryDabney #599 d. Hanover,Va.
578. WilliamOverton #611 b. 3 Dec.1628,Yorkshire England, m. 24 Nov.1670, in on ship to Yorktown,Va., d,(Mary)Elizabeth Waters #612, b. England. William died aft.Sept.1697, New Kent Co.Va.St. Peters Par. Ref.Overtons ofVa.etc.pp.124-35: Family of Jn.Massie (Tn.archives)V.Mag.History:v.11,p.305:Will of Ann Millet Waters of St.Sepulchers,London 29Sept.1697,proved 4 July 1700 names son John in Va.,Samuel & Margaret,dau.Elizabeth of Va.m.to Wm.Overton. Fa. may be Gen.Robt.Overton of London andMiddlesex Co.Eng.,b.c.1609,to V.1668 4600 A. in Falling Creek,so.side PamunkyR. (W.P.Anderson:Early Descendents of Wm.Overton & Eliz.
579. (Mary)ElizabethWaters #612 b. England.
582. PhilipTodd,capt. #651 b. c.1681-8,?Gloucester Co.Va., occupation dau.Eliz.m.Benj.Hubbard, m. c.1717, in ?SomersetCo.Va., Anne Day #652, b. Somerset Co.Md.?, d. by May 1718. Philip died bef.1740, King and Queen Co.Va.,buried: m.Anne Day,dau.of Edward (d.c.1717) of, Somerset Co.Md.
583. AnneDay #652 b. Somerset Co.Md.?,d. by May 1718.
584. ThomasJohnson #721 ref: Hist.La.Co.Va.,occupation 5 Sept.1723 -400A StoneyR, m. in Hanover Co.Va., Anna Meriwether #722, m.2nd.1752 John Cosby. Thomas died 1734, Hanover Co.Va. or Louisa,buried: fa.Col.Richard Johnson, burgess:1718,1720,1723 King Wm.Co.Va. Dec.1734 deed recorded Hanover Co. from Ann to son Nicholas Johnson.
585. AnnaMeriwether #722 m.2nd.1752 John Cosby.
588. DavidMeriwether #665 b. 1690, ?New KentCo.Va., occupation Col., m. Ann Holmes #666. David died 12-25-1744., Louisa Co.Va.,buried: will:22 Jn.1744. 18 Feb.1721David had 400 A.
589. AnnHolmes #666.
590. FrancisThornton II. #772 b. 4 Jan.1682,Caroline Co.Va., occupation Bur.Spots.Co.1723,1726, m. in a m.dau.in 1738, MaryTalliaferro #773, b. c.1718. Francis died 1750, Gloucester Co.Va.orSpots.co. 1726:rep.CarolineCo.'1735:burgess of Spotsylvania Co.,May 1738:deed recorded from Francis &Mary Talliaferro Thornton,his wife.to dau.Eliz. Thornton Meri- wether wife ofThos.Meriwether of Hanover Co. Ref. W & M.v.4,Stanard's Va.Register. ?m.c.1708
591. MaryTalliaferro #773 b. c.1718.
592. JamesDudley #278 b. bef.1651,Chr.Ch.Reg.Middlesex Co.Va., ref: 1,2,3,, occupation 1682 vestry in Gloucester,m. (1) July 18,1679, in Chr.Ch.register Petsworth,Gloucester,Va., Eliz.m.1680, d.8 July,1688;3rd:Ann Fleet,Mary Welch #290, d. c.1680, GloucesterC.Va., m. (2) 1680, in Gloucester Co.Va., Elizabeth #308, d. 8 July 1688,Gloucester Co.Va., m. (3) by 1692, Ann Fleet #311, b. 1643, ?GloucesterCo.Va., occupation fa:William Fleet, d. 1722. James died Apr.1711, Gloucester Co.Va., buried: will dated 1702, Gloucester,Va., proved Apr.1711, 1687 soldier in fa.'scounty V.v8p165. DREF-See Dudley FamilyReference Sheet .Ref.18:Sold land rcd.from fa.,br.Thom. & John. Moved from Middlesexto Gloucester 1676.near York River estate inventory by Jas.jr.Dec.1707.Willprobated 1711 1695 deed mentions land purchased by Wm.1682 vestry of PetsworthPar.'lived Turk's Ferry,Piantetauk R..1741 Another Jas.D there-pos.son.1676 toGloucester ec.1,1707 inventory of estate of Jas.by Jas Jr.1710 will proved.ref.18.1690:sold land given by fa.bounded by lands of bros.Jn. and Thomas.
593. AnnFleet #311 b. 1643, ?GloucesterCo.Va., occupation fa:William Fleet, m. (1) by 1692, James Dudley #278, b. bef.1651,Chr.Ch.Reg.Middlesex Co.Va., ref: 1,2,3,, occupation 1682 vestry in Gloucester,d. Apr.1711, Gloucester Co.Va., buried: will dated 1702, Gloucester,Va., proved Apr.1711, 1687 soldier in fa.'scounty V.v8p165, m. (2) c1690, in third wife of 278, James Dudley 278 #406. Ann died 1722.
608. JosephCaldwell #752 9 Jan.1657, DerryCathedral,Londonderry,Ireland, ref: Cald.w.b., m. 5 May 1682, in Ireland, JaneMcGhie #753, buried: Dau. ofAlexander McGhie & Jane Millicen. Joseph died 3 Sept.1730, Donegal,Ire. Other ch:1:Elizabeth Caldwell,b.1684 mJames Moore d.Va.2:Margaretnm.b.1686, 3.Jane or Jean Richie b.1688,m.Wm.or Alexander Richie d.1785,Georgeb.1689 m.Jane Phillips,6.Catherine b.1690 m.John or Richard Dudgeond.Va.,Andrew b. 1692 m.cousin Ann Stewart 1752 to Amer.1718.
609. JaneMcGhie #753 buried: Dau. ofAlexander McGhie & Jane Millicen.
632. EdwardHaskins #630 ref: J.D.Trabue,occupation Haskins Fm.of Adair Co.Ky, m. 1689, in ?Henrico Co.Va., MarthaTanner #631, b. m.1.Thomas Jones, d.?Henrico Co.Va., buried: m 2nd.Edward Haskins. Edward died 1717, Henrico Co.Va., Ky.Ancestors v.8.#1 July 1972.
633. MarthaTanner #631 b. m.1.ThomasJones, fa.Joseph Tanner d.1667, m. (1)1689, in ?Henrico Co.Va., Edward Haskins #630, ref: J.D.Trabue,occupation Haskins Fm.of Adair Co.Ky, d. 1717, Henrico Co.Va., Ky.Ancestors v.8.#1 July 1972, m. (2) ThomasJones III #906, b. Va.., ref:v.25-Wm.&Mary, occupation 1st ser.pp.87-199, d. 1688, Va. Martha died ?Henrico Co.Va., buried: m2nd.Edward Haskins. Pa:Joseph Tanner(d1675-77)m.Mary who m.2nd Gilbert Platt.Joseph & Mary:4 ch.
736. RobertCobb #868 b. 1627, HenricoCo.Va., m. c.1651, in York Co .Va., 4ch., Elizabeth Thorpe #869, b. 1634, d. 1684, YorkCo.Va. Robert died 1682, York Co.Va.
737. ElizabethThorpe #869 b. 1634, d. 1684,York Co.Va.
744. "Councillor"John Lewis #847 m. Elizabeth Warner #848, d. Feb.5,1719-20,Warner Hall-Va. "Councillor"died Va., 14 ch., fa.wealthiest man inVa. CH:Col.John Lewis Jr.b.1694d.Jan.17,1754 m.1st Frances Fielding Col.Robert Lewis b.by Aug.1704 Warner Halld.Belvoir,Albemarle Va. twins Cath. & Eliz.d.y.,Mary m. Maj.RobertThrockmorton.
745. ElizabethWarner #848 d. Feb.5,1719-20,Warner Hall-Va. fa:Col.Augustine Warnerm.Mildred Reade
816. BenjaminTotten #258 b. __-___-1669,Hempstead,Nassau Co. L.I.New York, m. Rebecca Springsteen #880, b. 1673, Bowrie,N.Y.,d. c.1740, Fishkill,N.Y., buried: fa:Jurgen Springsteen of Bowrie &, Fishkill,N>Y. Benjamin died _--___-1740, Fishkill,Duchess Co..N.Y. Possibly 5 other ch:John:1703-1773(Nov.22)at Fishkill,Dutchess Co.N.Y. Rebecca b.1704 or 7.m.1728 JonothanBrooks;Benjamin b.1706; Phebe b.1708-9 m.14 Mch.1730 to Henry Southard atNassau,Hempstead,N.Y.Jonathan b.1711 d.1738
817. RebeccaSpringsteen #880 b. 1673,Bowrie,N.Y., d. c.1740, Fishkill,N.Y., buried: fa:Jurgen Springsteen of Bowrie&, Fishkill,N>Y.
928. JohnPeter Bondurant II #65 b. 1710, Virginia, m.__-__-1729, in Virginia, Sarah Rachel Taylor Moseley#66, b. BEF 1720, d. AFT 1730. Johndied AFT 1730, Virginia.
929. SarahRachel Taylor Moseley #66 b. BEF 1720, d. AFT1730.
932. MathieuAge' #176 b. 1660, France,occupation 12 ch.1 dau., m. BEF 1690, in France, Mrs Mathieu Age' #177, b. BEF 1680, France, d.AFT 1725, Manakin Town, Virginia?. Mathieu died 1741, Manakin Town, Virginia?, buried: Manakin Town,Virginia?, wife ? Ann Bondurant. Mathieu Age'was born and married inFrance. He immigrated to Virginia withthe Huguenot refugees in 1690 and was living there as late as 1741. He was a Vestryman in King William's Parishand acquired 800 acres in Henrico County, Virginia, in 1725. He as married in France and had fourchildren born in VA. All the Agee's in this country are apparently descendedfrom 2 of his children James and Anthony who were born in Virginia.
933. MrsMathieu Age' #177 b. BEF 1680, France,d. AFT 1725, Manakin Town, Virginia?. Mathieu's wife's name is unknown. She was married in France and her child- ren were born in Virginia. They immigrated in 1690 and James, theapparent eldest was born in 1725.
8th Great Grand Parents
1138. HenryThacker #914 occupation captain,,m. 1662, in ?Va., Eltonhead Conway #913, b. 1646, England, d.1709, buried: m.2nd:Wm.Stannard of Va. Henry died 1673, Va. vestry 1664-1700, buried: Fa:Richard Thacker vestry Chr.Ch.Va., clerk of Va,council;hi sheriff Middlesex.
1139. EltonheadConway #913 b. 1646, England, d.1709, buried: m.2nd:Wm.Stannard of Va.
1164. ThomasTodd Jr. #649 b. 1660, ArundelCo.Md. and, occupation Capt.& landowner, m. 1660, Elizabeth Bernard #650, b. Pa.Col.FrancisBernard esq.b.Kingsthorpe, occupation Robert Higginson, d. of Wight Co.Va.,thenNansemond Co,Va., buried: gov's council 1644-8,1655-60, m.Lucy Higginson.d.ofJoana Takesey&. Thomas died 16 Jan.1724-5, onvisit to England, buried: JP.Gloucester Co.Va.1698-1700, 11 ch.
1165. ElizabethBernard #650 b. Pa.Col.FrancisBernard esq.b.Kingsthorpe, NorthHampshire,Eng.to Amer.1625,to Isle, occupation Robert Higginson, d. of WightCo.Va.,then Nansemond Co,Va., buried: gov's council 1644-8,1655-60, m.Lucy Higginson.d.ofJoana Takesey &.
1168. RichardJohnson #691 b. 1629,Bilsby,Lincolnshire,England, ref: H.Louisa Co.380, occupation Col,jp 1679 inNew Kent C, m. in England, Susan Dunscomb #692, b. Mch.1664, England,d. 8 Aug.1686, Old Church,King & Queen Co.Va. Richard died 1699, King & Queen Co.Va., buried: willd.4-Aug.89, left 4 ch.in England. landsin King William and King and Queen Co.Va.Cpt.of Horse of Militia. New KentCo.J.P.1680,Capt.of Horse in militia.Council 1696.(V.M.H.&Bv.xxv.p3281685:granted 3,285 A in Pamunky Neck (King Wm.Co.)surrendered 1696.
1169. SusanDunscomb #692 b. Mch.1664,England, d. 8 Aug.1686, Old Church,King & Queen Co.Va.
1176. NicholasMerriwether Jr. #662 b. 26 Oct.1674,occupation Col. Bur.Hanover 1723-8, m. Elizabeth Crawford #663, buried: fa:David C.,gr.fa:John Crawford. Nicholas died1744, Cloverfields,Albemarle Co.Va., buried: Louisa Co. to Albemarle, fa:Nicholas Merriwether Sr. Other ch:Jane m.Col.RobertLewis,Thomas,Nicholas III b.3 July 1799 m.Mildred Thornton,Wm.had 7ch.,Elizabeth m.Thomas Bray,Sarah m.Wm.Littlepage,Mary m. John Aylett. Fa.sd.tobe Nicholas,b.Wales c1631 came to Hanover Co.Va. had other ch:FrancisDavid.Wm.,Thomas.Ref.:W.R.Griffeth:Nicholas Meriwether & HisDescendents.pp12, 63,76,92,99,101.Stanard's ColonialVa.Register.Reg.Va.Soc.Colonial Dames 1903, p.40.Member House of Burgesses forNew Kent Oct.1710,Nov.1714,Apr.1718,Nov.20
1177. ElizabethCrawford #663 buried: fa:David C.,gr.fa:John Crawford. Ch:Janem.Col.Robert Lewis,Thomas,Nicholas III ?b 3 July 1690,m. MildredThornton,Wm.had 7 vh.,Col.David b.1690 m.Ann Holmes,had 8 ch.,Eliz. m.ThomasBray,Ann m.Thomas Johnson,Sarah m.Wm.Littlepage,Mary m.John Aylett.
1180. FrancisThornton #769 b. 5 Nov.1651, m. infa.Capt.Anthony Savage of Gloucester, fa. was justice in Gloucester, Alice Savage #771, b. GloucesterCo.Va. m.Alice Savage, dau.ofCapt.Anthony Savage of Gloucester (justice in 1600
1181. AliceSavage #771 b. Gloucester Co.Va.
1184. WilliamDudley #274 b. 1621,Bristol,England, ref: 2,p158,3p149,5, occupation landowner,justice 1676, m. by1648, in Va., Elizabeth Cary #277, b. c.1625,Bristol,England, ref: 18p625, occupation St.Stephen's Par.Bristol, d. after1670, Middlesex Co VA?, buried: Middlesex Co VA?, Christopher Cary,son of C.C.lived 1664. William died 1677, Middlesex,(formerly Gloucester)Va., merchant lived MobjackBay,Gloucester,Va. William D. and wifesettled on Mobjack Bay,Gloucester Co.Va.He was vestryman, largelandowner,planter and merchant at the time of Bacon's Rebellion in 1676. Eliz.Dudley ? moved to Gloucester Co. withyounger ch. where two older boys already lived and where Bacon,s adherents werein power.This became Middlesex. ref.2,3,others.1657 patented 3000A on DragonSwamp,Lanc.Co.for having imported 32 personsVa.Co.Notebook.sold 2000A.sameyr.1661:on list of thithables.1666 vestry Chr.Ch.Middlesex.1668 ch.warden ofPianketank,Chr.ch.vestry.1672 pd
1185. ElizabethCary #277 b. c.1625,Bristol,England, ref: 18p625, occupation St.Stephen's Par.Bristol, d. after1670, Middlesex Co VA?, buried: Middlesex Co VA?, Christopher Cary,son of C.C.lived 1664. Moved to Gloucester,VA from Bristol,England. Eliz.and 3 sonsjoined in letter,25 Apr.1677 to James Cary of London asking help in remittingfine of 16 hogsheads tobacco pd. by Edw. to Gov.Berkeley. This was remittedfrom his estate.
1216. JohnCaldwell #756 b. LiffordPar.Londonderry,Ireland, 6 Sept.1630,John Elvin,mayor, ref: Caldwell wb.p77, occupation 5 other ch., m. 6 June 1654,in Londonderry,Ireland, Mary Holmes #757, June 1632, Par.ofBallyoogan,Londonderry,Ireland, d. Pa.James & Jane Jennings Holmes. John died 20 June 1692, Donegal,IrelandPar.Ballyoogan, buried: m.2nd Mary Holmes, m.1.11 June 1651 Margaret Porter (1653). Ch:Margaret b.1655,John b.1659,Mary Janeb.1660,Wm.b.1662,m.1697Eliz.Porter,d. 1725.Andrew b.1664.
1217. MaryHolmes #757 June 1632, Par.ofBallyoogan,Londonderry,Ireland, d. Pa.James & Jane Jennings Holmes. 5 other ch.Margaret bapt.19 Aug.1655,Johnbapt.10 June 1659,Mary Jane bapt. 8 Oct.1660,Wm. bapt.20 Apr.1662,m.ElizabethPorter,Andrew bapt.18 Sept.1664
1472. AmbroseCobb #864 b. 1625, England, m.Mary Cobb #867. Ambrose died 1683, York Co.Va.
1473. MaryCobb #867.
1488. Maj.JohnLewis #853 b. ? England, ref:Sorley:, m. 1690-92, in ?Va., Isabella Miller #854, fa.Jas.Miller, in York Co.1648,d.there1657,ref: Sorley.
1489. IsabellaMiller #854 fa.Jas.Miller, in York Co.1648,d.there1657,ref: Sorley.
1632. RichardTotten #249 b. CIR 1644, NewYork, m. __-___-1662, in New York, Sarah Champion #254, b. __-___-1643,Hempstead,Nassau Co. L.I., d. __-___-1673, Hempstead,Nassau Co.L.I. Richard died __-___-1712.
1633. SarahChampion #254 b. __-___-1643,Hempstead,Nassau Co. L.I., d. __-___-1673, Hempstead,Nassau Co.L.I.
1856. JeanPierre Bondurand #58 b. CIR 1678, or nearLyons, France, ref: see will in fi., m. CIR 1708, in Virginia, Ann Faure #59, b. CIR 1689, d. AFT1734. Jean died CIR 1734, GoochlandCounty, Virginia, buried: CIR 1734, Goochland County, Virginia. Immigrant to Virginia sometime prior to1689. Single upon arrival. Name: Anglicanized to Jean Pierre Bondurant andlater to John Peter Bondurant Arrived Manakin Town, Virgina on 9/20/1700 on Ye Peter and Anthony out of Eng Huguenotwho left France, moved to Germany and later to England prior to immir LeftSouthampton, England for Virginia in 1669. Will probated 1/25/1835. Will,Goochland County, Va dtd 1734 naming children & wife as heirs. Ann Faure was also named as executrix. Will dated 9/25/1734.
1857. AnnFaure #59 b. CIR 1689, m. (1)CIR 1708, in Virginia, Jean Pierre Bondurand #58, b. CIR 1678, or nearLyons, France, ref: see will in fi., d. CIR 1734, Goochland County, Virginia,buried: CIR 1734, Goochland County, Virginia, m. (2) 1708, in Va., JeannePierre Bondurand #264, b. c.1678, nearLyons,France, occupation fARMER, d. Va., buried: will 1734, Va. Ann died AFT 1734. Ann Faure was named as heir and executrix by Mr. Bondurand on 9/24/1734.
9th Great Grand Parents
2278. EdwinConway #911 b.Worchestershire,England, m. Martha Eltonhead #912, d. Va. Edwin died 1675, Lancaster Co.Va., 3rd clerk Northampton Co.Large landowner.
2279. MarthaEltonhead #912 d. Va. Married 2nd. a relative of Jn.Carter.Dau.ofRichard Eltonhead & Anne Sutton dau. of Edw. of Stafford, Eng.
2328. ThomasTodd Sr. #647 9 Sept.1619, Denton,England, occupation 8ch., m. c.1658, in She m.2.David Jones,3.Capt. John Oldton, Anna LovelaceGorsuch #648, b. 13 Mch.1638,Walkern,England. Thomas died 1676,Toddsbury-Ware Par.Gloucester Co.Va &, buried: Arundel Co.Md., 1674-5 Burgess from Baltimore Co. Sd. to be son of Geoffrey Todd,yeoman,d.16Feb.1637,Co.Durham,England.
2329. AnnaLovelace Gorsuch #648 b. 13 Mch.1638,Walkern,England.
2360. WilliamT.Thornton #766 b.Yorkshire,England, to Yorkshire,Va.1677,ref: W.& M.v.4, occupation vestry 1686, m. unknown #767. William died aft.1686, Yorkshire,Va.,buried: 3 sons witnessed fa.'s will, Stanard's Va.re.
2361. unknown #767.
2368. EdwardDudley #272 b. by 1600,Bristol,England, ref: dd.bk.16540p177, occupation landowner ptd.300 A., m. by1621, in Bristol,England, 2nd Robinson,York Co.Va., Elizabeth Pritchard #273, b. Bristol,England,ref: CMD,Stubbs, occupation Mo:Hester Prichard, d. 2 Oct.1691, ?York,Co.Va.,buried: m.2nd:John Robinson c1657.He died 1 Mch., 1688 in New Charles Parish,Va. Edward died by Jan.1655, Lancaster (Middlesex),Va., buried: 1637:passageto, Va.pd.by Thos.Hampton Clark, fromYork to Lancaster. 1651-witnessed deedYork Co.Va.1654 titheables listed Lancaster Co.Apr1654 Will of Rev.Thos.Sax:bequest to Robert,2nd son Edward D. Jan.25,1660will of Thos.Rootes ofLancaster Co.to Elizabeth Robinson:2cows for her ch.Eliz.& She rdDudley.Mr. Robinson m.Eliz.c1657.he was widow 6 Feb.1655. 1637 induced to cometo Amer.by Thomas Hampton,rector of church at Jamestown 1651 moved to Lancaster(now Middlesex)Co.so.of Rappahannock R.Ref:1,2,pp.111,154.3,v23,pp148-9.Lanc.deed book,1654p.177.order bk.p.70.
2369. ElizabethPritchard #273 b. Bristol,England,ref: CMD,Stubbs, occupation Mo:Hester Prichard, d. 2 Oct.1691, ?York,Co.Va.,buried: m.2nd:John Robinson c1657.He died 1 Mch., 1688 in New Charles Parish,Va. Hester Prichard of Bristol mentions daughter Elizabeth in her will. 6Feb.1655 Eliz Dudley,widow of Edward, petioned court of Lancaster Co.Va,ask-ing for survey & division of 300 A. of land formerly patented byEdw.Dudley. She m.2nd John Robinson c.1657, moved to York Co.Va. He d.NewCharles Parish 1 Mch.1688.Thomas Roots,by will dated 25.Jan.1688 devisedcertain property in trust for her 2 ch.Elizabeth & RobertDudley.(Ref:McKenzie:Col.Families of USA vol.5p.626 (1966).
2432. JohnCaldwell #754 b. Scotland, ref:C.Lineage Chart, m. 1627, in Londonderry Cathedral Records, Mary Sweetinhem #755. John died 1639, Londonderry,Ireland, buried:will pro.1640, son of Wm.grandson ofAlexander. Fa:Wm.ofStratton,Ayreshire,Scotland;bro.Joseph & David;grfa.Alexander of Caldwell..
2433. MarySweetinhem #755.
2944. AmbroseCobb #862 b. 1603,Willesborough,Kent,England, ref: Cobb Chronincl., m. 1625, in Kent, England,Ann White #863, b. 1608, ?Kent, England. Ambrose died 1656, York Co. Va. Will of Thomas Cobb of Faversham, Englanddated 1597-8 refers to sons Edmund Cobb(e)& ambrose cobb(e) to whom he leftmanor at Eastleigh Court. This Thomas Cobb (who d.1599) gr.fa. of Ambrose theemigrant. Ref:The Pedigrees of the Families in the Co. of Kent byWm.Berry,London, 1830.
2945. AnnWhite #863 b. 1608, ?Kent,England.
2976. RobertLewis #851 b. c,1612, England,occupation landowner, surveyer, m. Mary Langley #852. Robert died by 1656, buried: fa. ? SirEdward Lewis, arms of Lewis ofBrecon,Wales. wife Mary m.2ndCapt.Ralph Langley. 1656:2 minor daughters Mary and Alice. Son Maj.Wm.Lewisb.c.1632 d.1658-67 n.m.
2977. MaryLangley #852.
3264. EdwardTotten #246 b. __-___-1615,Tottenham,London,England, occupation farmer, m. 12-OCT-1641, in London,England,Joane Meade #247, b. __-___-1621,Herts,England. Edward died aft 1650,Hempstead, Long Island, New York, buried: to N.Y. c.1642, name also spelled Toten or Totne. Sd. to be Dutch.From there to England, thento Long Island.Written July 1988 by Fred Durling,406 Amhearst Rd.,BryansRd.Maryland 20616
3265. JoaneMeade #247 b. __-___-1621,Herts,England.
3712. JosephBondurand #56 b. BEF 1668, France,occupation Doctor, m. CIR 1678, in or near Lyons, France, Elizabeth AnnChastain #57, b. BEF 1668, France?, d.AFT 1678, France?, buried: France?. Joseph died AFT 1678, France, buried: France?. This family remained in France.
3713. ElizabethAnn Chastain #57 b. BEF 1668, France?,d. AFT 1678, France?, buried: France?.
10th Great Grand Parents
4736. RobertDudley #270 b. bef.1600,Newcastle,England, ref: DREF1,P155, m. Miss Green #271, b. Newcastle England?,d. Newcastle England?, buried: mentioned in wills of bro.s Edw.& Robt. Robert died aft 1600, Bristol,England,buried: Bristol,England ?. ref:18.p.624Father,Robert Dudley,m.Ann Wood,dau.of Christopher.He was collect or of port ofNewcastle 1603,also mayor,knighted by King James. Hester Green was sister ofEdward and Robert who visited Dudleys 1697 in Middlesex.
4737. MissGreen #271 b. NewcastleEngland?, d. Newcastle England?, buried: mentioned in wills of bro.s Edw.&Robt. Former ____ Green, probably ofMiddlesex Co VA