| || Notes for Benjamin Richardson:|
BENJAMIN2 RICHARDSON II (BENJAMIN1) was born 1776 in Bulloch County, Georgia, and died 1848 in Evadale, Jasper County, Texas. He married (1) NANCY HENDRICKS 25 June 1802 in Bullock County, Georgia. He married (2) REBECCA POOL Aft. 1820 in Washington Parish, Louisiana.
Notes for REBECCA POOL:
Jasper County census taken 18 December 1850 lists Rebecca Richardson (52) head of houshold, born in Georgia. In residence are Nancy (35), born in Mississippi, William (33) (Shoemaker), born in MS, George (22), born in MS, James (20) , Sarah (18), Ripley (16), Rebecca (14), Letty (12) - all born in Texas.
Children of BENJAMIN RICHARDSON and NANCY HENDRICKS are:
i.JANE3 RICHARDSON, b. Abt. 1795, Bulloch County, Georgia.
12. ii.JOHN RICHARDSON, b. 1805, Bulloch County, Georgia; d. 1868, Jasper County, Texas.
13. iii.MARY (POLLY) RICHARDSON, b. 1807, Bulloch County, Georgia; d. Bef. 1858.
14. iv.SARENA JANE (JINCY) RICHARDSON, b. 24 March 1809, Ben's Ford, Washington Parish, Louisiana; d. 31 December 1854, Pike County, Mississippi.
15. v.BENJAMIN FRANKLIN RICHARDSON, b. 24 September 1811, Washington Parish, Louisiana; d. 17 August 1866, Tyler County, Texas.
16. vi.MARTHA (PATSY) RICHARDSON, b. 29 December 1814, Washington Parish, Louisiana; d. 1893, Harris County, Texas.
vii.NANCY RICHARDSON, b. 1815, Bulloch County, Georgia.
Notes for NANCY RICHARDSON:
Nancy never married.
Probate records of Benjamin's estate indicate she was of "unsound mind". She is in 1860 census with Stephen L. Davis and Rebecca, but does not appear in 1870 census.
17. viii.ANDREW JACKSON RICHARDSON, b. 12 October 1816, Washington Parish, Louisiana; d. 18 April 1863, Tyler County, Texas.
ix.WILLIAM H. RICHARDSON, b. 1818, Washington Parish, Louisiana; d. 1851-1858, Tyler County, Texas.
Notes for WILLIAM H. RICHARDSON:
William served in the Texas Revolution and received a bounty grant of 640 acres in Foard County.
1850 Jasper County Census lists William at age 33 as a shoemaker.
Correction received from Bill Richardson of Channelview, Texas 24 January 1998:
William did not serve in the Texas Revolution, nor did he receive a grant of land in Foard County. The William Richardson who received the land in Foard County was a colonist in Vehlan's colony. William did receive a third class grant in Jasper County, however. There is no record anywhere of him servicing in the Texas Revolution.
The one in the 1850 census may or may not be this William. There were three or four William Richardsons in Jasper County at this time and I've had difficulty sorting them out. Still working on it. His brother, John, in a petition filed in 1858 says he is deceased, but he apparently appears in later documents, possibly . . .really confusing.