The Lanam Family of Noble County, OhioUpdated October 1, 2000
4407 Loraine Street NE
I am researching the family of Thomas Hunter Piles Lanham going from Prince Georges, Maryland to Noble County, Ohio. He would be my ggggg-grandfather.
Unfortunately, I learned the importance of recording sources too late so please verify all information you find here.I am posting this information as a starting point since there has not been a lot of research done on this line of the Lanam family.
I would love to exchange information with anyone from this family.
I DEDICATE THIS PAGE AND RESEARCH TO MY FATHER.
I would also like to thank my newly found cousin Floyd Suder and my uncle Dave Lanam for sending me the results of their many hours of research. I have met some great people while doing this research and many people have contributed to the information you will find on this page.Please sign the guestbook or leave your own queries or comments.Thank you... Leslie <Lanam> Buscher
- Ohio Marriages 1 (406 KB)
Washington County, Ohio marriages from Volume 2from 1788-1918
- Lanam Family Portrait about 1910 (531 KB)
The names of the people in the portrait won't fit here so please see file for names - I scanned it really big to preserve the detail
- Ohio Marriages 2 (512 KB)
Washington County, Ohio marriages from Volume 21788-1918
- Lanam Snapshot Circa 1930-1935 (256 KB)
Lanam Family Members
- 1860 Census (305 KB)
This is copy of part of the census for Beaver Township, Noble County, Ohio in 1860
- Grave Marker for Conrad Kreigbaum Lanam (127 KB)
Born September 11, 1881Died February 17, 1956 New Martinsville, WV
- Census 1860 (302 KB)
Part of the Center Township, Noble County, Ohio census for 1860 (page 176)
- Grave Marker for Ivy Brown Lanam (120 KB)
Born October 20, 1881Died December 11, 1965 (Conrad's 1st and 3rd wife)
- 1860 Census (359 KB)
This is part of the Center Township, Noble County, Ohio census(page 179)
- Grave Marker for David Lanam (51 KB)
David Lanam (son of John) , father of Rouse, grandfather of Conrad
- 1860 Census (303 KB)
This is part of the census for Center Township, Noble County, Ohio(page 182)
- Grave Marker for Joseph Brockaway Lanam (53 KB)
Joseph, son of Conrad
- 1860 Census (378 KB)
Another page from the Center Township, Noble County, Ohio census(page 184)
- Grave Marker for John Lanam (37 KB)
John Lanam (son of Thomas) born in 1801 in Virginia
- 1880 Census (419 KB)
Page 17 from the Noble County, Ohio census
- Lanam School (148 KB)
The school was originally on land donated by John and Eve Lanam but was later moved to the City Park in Lowell, Ohio
- 1870 Census (340 KB)
Page 51 from the census for Center Township, Noble County, Ohio
- Location of David Lanam's property (502 KB)
David's property, Big Run, Ohio
- Land Transfers (216 KB)
Noble County Land Transfers for Lanams from 1853-1889
- How many ancestors do you have? (1 KB)
Who would have thought.....
- Notes from the Lanam School - January 1920 (4 KB)
Lanam School was named for John and Eve Lanam who donated a quarter acre of land to the Board of Education in Center Township on April 18, 1859
- Trying to figure out someone's age? (1 KB)
this is a handy way to find a person's death date when all you have is years, months and days
- Lanam and Lanham Marriages - documented (1 KB)
Lanam marriages taken from Noble and Washington County Records - Lanham marriages from Maryland Records
- Notes from the Caldwell Press 1891 (10 KB)
Exerpts from the local newspaper in Caldwell, Ohio
- Eighth Grade Exam (4 KB)
This is the eighth-grade final exam from 1895 from Salina, KS.USA. It was taken from the original document on file at the Smoky Valley Genealogical Society and Library in Salina, KS and reprinted by the Salina Journal.
- Noble County Cemeteries (9 KB)
Names, names and more names.. especially for Merry, Devoll, Ackley, Weekley, Harper, Matheny, Fogle, Ogle, Hupp and Crum. I'm still going through the microfilche so stay tuned.
- Miscellaneous Lanam Notes (1 KB)
Feel free to browse through these notes to see if you find anything of interest..
- Caldwell Press News (continued) (10 KB)
These files were brought to you by Sharyl, a lister on OHNOBLE-L@rootsweb.com
- Chinaware Manufacturing in West Virginia (5 KB)
Short history of the china industry on the Ohio River
- More Bits and Pieces (3 KB)
This and that copied from "The History of Noble County"
- The Census (5 KB)
Census information on the Lanams and a few other related families from 1820 to 1900
- Noble County Obituaries (9 KB)
Obituaries for Noble County
- Notes from the Noble County Register (4 KB)
More names that might be of interest to people researching families in Noble County
- More stuff on Noble County families (6 KB)
Obituaries and a school list submitted by people on the OHNOBLE list
- Obituary for Mable Garrison Lanam (1 KB)
Mable Garrison was the second wife of Conrad Kreigbaum Lanam, son of Rouse Lanam.
- William Lanam (4 KB)
Biography of William Lanam, son of Jesse, grandson of Thomas
- A Few More Bits and Pieces (3 KB)
more of this and that copied from "The History of Noble County"
- Obituary for Ivy Brown Lanam (1 KB)
Ivy Brown was the first and third wife of Conrad Kreigbaum Lanam
- Bits and Pieces (3 KB)
This and that copied from "The History of Noble County"
- Lanams on the census index (1 KB)
These are the ones I've found so far
- Obituary for Conrad Kreigbaum Lanam (1 KB)
Conrad, son of Rouse, grandson of David and great-grandson of John Lanam - and my great-grandfather
- History of the Buckeye (1 KB)
Some thoughts on why people from Ohio are called "Buckeyes" (also from "History of Noble County"
- Grandma and the Family Tree - a poem (3 KB)
Something cute someone sent me....anyone into genealogy can relate
- Obituary for Joseph Brockaway Lanam (1 KB)
My grandfather (son of Conrad Lanam)
- The War (5 KB)
Some of the names from Noble County that served in the War
- More descendants of William W. Lanam (9 KB)
This file was compiled and donated by Brian Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org, he is the great grandchild of Edith Estella Lanam, d/o Levi and Barbara Lanam and granddaughter of William W. Lanam and Arathusa.
- People in the Lanam Family Portrait (1 KB)
Here are the names of the people in the portrait and their relationship to me
- Dr. Jesse H. Lanam (4 KB)
Son of William W. Lanam and Arthusa Ogle, grandson of Thomas Lanam
- In Days of Old........... (4 KB)
Could this stuff be true?
- Genealogy Poem (1 KB)
funny poem and the possibility of it being true is enough to make me wonder how we ever find ANY of our ancestors
- Plagues - where and when (2 KB)
What killed many of our ancestors? This is a list of the worst plagues and where they struck