- Arthur Edward Tripp (1874-1949) aka Leon Tripp (21 KB)
for some reason Grandfather Tripp changed his name from "Leon" to "Arthur"....
- John C & Sarah Eliz. Rhodes Group Acworth GA c1910 (817 KB)
For details on the picture, see www.geocities.com/Broadway/Stage/7650/john_c_rhodes.html
- Rhodes Family Reunion July 24, 1996 Birmingham, AL (276 KB)
BACK ROW: Alfreda H. Rhodes 1922-1998, Bill Whatley, Gracie (Rhodes) Whatley 1917-1998, Alfreda Lydia (Tripp) Rhodes, Thomas Michael Rhodes 1973-1998, Harriet (Rhodes) Davis. FRONT ROW: Harry Arthur Rhodes, Marietta (Rhodes) Skouby, Regina (Rhodes) Stiehr, Ann (Rhodes) Ward, Carol (Whatley) Jones. KNEELING AT RIGHT: John Paul Rhodes.Cousins Marietta & Regina had visited from St. Louis in connection with a trip to the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, GA.Photo taken in John Paul Rhodes' home.
- John Paul Rhodes on hood of 1948 Chevrolet (41 KB)
I am on the hood of a 1948 Chevrolet, a car purchased by Grandfather Arthur Edward Tripp for a trip from Birmingham, Alabama to northern Manitoba, Canada.This 1948 trip was so Arthur could see his brother Albert, who he had not seen in over twenty years.I was only four years old and remember little of the trip.Grandfather Arthur Tripp died in 1949; Granduncle Albert Tripp died in 1952.
- John C & Sarah Eliz. two shot, unedited, c1910 (1323 KB)
John Columbus Rhodes and Sarah Elizabeth (Paris) Rhodes, two shot, unedited, circa 1910, Acworth, Georgia.The original picture was stuck to the glass in the frame, and the glass was cracked.See www.geocities.com/Broadway/Stage/7650/john_c_rhodes.html
- John Dee Anderson (52 KB)
Brother of my grandmother, Sarah Etta Anderson Rhodes.
- Fred Cromwell Rhodes 1915 - 1981 (17 KB)
U.S. Navy photo
- Bessie Byrd (Wiley) Tripp 1879 - 1934, young (10 KB)
as young woman
- Edward M. Tripp & Lydia (Smith) Tripp abt 1870 (1054 KB)
Edward M. Tripp (1835 - 1884) & Lydia L. Smith (1841 - 1920), Edward M Tripp was a farmer at Warrensburg, Chesterton, and Horicon, New York. Lydia L. Smith was the daughter of Joseph F. Smith b.1798 in Warren, NY, and Eliza Warren b. 1808 in Hubbardton, Vermont, marriedabout 1830.
- Granny Harriet V Robertson's 80th birthday reunion (79 KB)
Granny Harriet Viola Rhodes Robertson's 80th birthday reunion in 1953.Probably at Flint River, Georgia.L-R: Carlton Robertson, Grace, Cecil, Charlie, Granny, Darthula, Jack, Dora, Howard, & Forest.
- John Paul Rhodes 1994 photo (21 KB)
Doo Dah Day in Summer 1994
- John Peter Rhodes 1909-1987 (20 KB)
young Navy sailor
- Three Rhodes brothers c.1914, John, Silas, Harry. (545 KB)
Standing left-to-right: John Dixon Rhodes, Silas A. Rhodes.Seated center, Harry Alexander Rhodes.circa 1914
- A Hembree, H Robertson, T Hembree, Silas Rhodes. (60 KB)
1957 photo of Alice Hembree, Harriet Viola Rhodes Robertson, Tate Hembree, and Silas Rhodes.
- Albert Tripp, 1870 - 1952 (30 KB)
Albert as a young man.
- John Peter Rhodes 1909-1987, Navy CPO, mid-age (38 KB)
U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer
- H V Rhodes Robertson, J B Robertson, unknown child (26 KB)
Joseph Bartow Robertson and Harriet Viola Rhodes Robertson.Name of child is unknown.
- Alfreda Lydia (Tripp) Rhodes, High School Group (278 KB)
Group Class Photo of Alfreda Lydia (Tripp) Rhodes High School Graduation.
- House built by John Peter Rhodes, circa 1940 (96 KB)
After Grandfather Harry Alexander Rhodes died in 1936, Dad and Grandmother Rhodes stayed in Edgewater, Alabama for about a year, then moved to an intermediate location in the western section of Birmingham.In the late 1930's Dad acquired a 10-acre property in what is now Hueytown, Alabama. He and Grandmother Sarah Etta (Anderson) Rhodes lived first in the "shack" shown on the left, which was built for about $100.Later, before entering the Navy for WW2, the white clapboard house was started.
- Bessie Byrd (Wiley) Tripp 1879 - 1934, with father (41 KB)
with father Wiley (first name not known) of Salem, Virginia.Four 1/2 sisters by Wiley's first marriage are shown.
- H V Rhodes Robertson, J.B Robertson, 3 children. (112 KB)
Harriet Viola Rhodes Robertson and Joseph Bartow Robertson.Children l-r: Dora, Claude, and Charlie.
- Alfreda Lydia (Tripp) Rhodes, High School -- back (33 KB)
back of photo with handwritten names of those pictured in Alfreda Tripp's High School Group picture.
- Thomas Michael Rhodes, 1973 - 1998, 1979 photo (71 KB)
1979 school photo
- Bessie Byrd (Wiley) Tripp 1879 - 1934, middle age (53 KB)
- Jim Rhodes, Silas Rhodes, Claude Robertson. (48 KB)
This is a small post card photo that is very dark. I changed contrast/brightness some as I scanned. The back is a unused post card with the marking - Jim Rhodes, Silas Rhodes, Claude Robertson.Appear to be standing in front of a house or building. I guess they are in their 20s. Uncle Silas has a mustache even then.
- Sarah Etta Rhodes and Gracie Rhodes Whatleyc1952 (90 KB)
Sarah Etta Anderson Rhodes 1879 - 1958, and Gracie Mae Rhodes Whatley 1917 - 1998.Photo in front of John Peter and Alfreda Rhodes' house, circa 1952.
- Thomas Michael Rhodes, 1973 - 1998, 1991 photo (88 KB)
1991 photo before Shades Valley High School Prom.
- Carrie V. Wiley (1842-1920) (11 KB)
second wife of Benton Wiley of Salem, Virginia. Carrie was mother of Bessie Byrd Wiley who married Arthur Edward Tripp.
- Harriet V Rhodes Robertson baby tintype. (11 KB)
Baby photo of Harriet Viola Rhodes Robertson.Original is a tintype.
- Edmond Floyd Rhodes 1907 - 1909 (59 KB)
Edmond Floyd Rhodes, first born of Sarah Etta and Harry A. Rhodes.Born: November 20, 1907.Died: July 02, 1909.
- Alfreda Lydia (Tripp) Rhodes (34 KB)
- Benton Wiley of Salem, Virginia (14 KB)
Benton Wiley of Salem, Virginia had four daughters by first marriage.Second wife was Carrie V Wiley (my Mom's grandmother).
- Benton Tripp' Alabama to New York bike trip (667 KB)
Benton Tripp rode a old-style, single speed bicycle from Birmingham, Alabama to Utica New York, roundtrip.
- 1948 Alabama Poll Tax Receipt for H. T. Whatley (56 KB)
Poll tax was a method used to deny voting rights to the poor.Notice that Harold T. (Ted) Whatley was charged $27 for the previous 18 years.
- Brothers, Harry Arthur Rhodes & John Paul Rhodes (54 KB)
- Anderson and Able families, some members. (70 KB)
Corrie Anderson, Carry Able, John Dee Anderson, Mary Able, Mae Anderson.