My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Henry Champion
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Henry Champion (b. 1610, d. February 02, 1708/09)Henry Champion (son of Henry Champion and Mary Ramsey)17 was born 1610 in England17, and died February 02, 1708/09 in Saybrook, Connecticut, USA17.He married (1) Deborah Jones on March 21, 1697/98 in Lyme, New London, Connecticut, USA17.He married (2) Sarah on August 1647 in Saybrook, Middlesex, Connecticut, USA17.
Notes for Henry Champion:
Henry Champion immigrated from Old England to the American Colonies and settled in Saybrook, Connecticut, where he is found as early as 1647.
About 1660 the first known records of the town of Saybrook were begun, wherein were described the lands of the different inhabitants With exception of George Fenwick, the numbers of acres allotted to each person seems to have been small.
The land of Henry Champion are recorded as follows: "One Parsell lying on the East side of the Great River Connecticut.Whereon a house now standeth containing by estimation six Acers, the ends abutting against the highway North East and South West, the side abutting against the land of Morganyn Bowers South East and the land of Joseph Jarrit North West"
After having assisted in development of Saybrook, Henry Champion removed with his family to the east side of the Connecticut River and became one of the first and most active founders of Lyme. All land records have been recorded at the Lyme Town Hall dating back to 1674.
More About Henry Champion:
Date born 2: 1610, England.17
Date born 3: 1619, England.
Burial: Unknown, Henry is buried in the Duck River Cemetrry in Old Lyme, Connecticut..
Died 2: February 02, 1708/09, Saybrook, Connecticut, USA.17
Died 3: February 17, 1708/09, Lyme, CT.
More About Henry Champion and Deborah Jones:
Marriage: March 21, 1697/98, Lyme, New London, Connecticut, USA.17
More About Henry Champion and Sarah:
Marriage 1: August 1647, Saybrook, Middlesex, Connecticut, USA.17
Marriage 2: 1645
Children of Henry Champion and Sarah are:
- Sarah Champion, b. 1649, Saybrook, Middlesex, Conneticut, d. March 31, 1727, Lyme, Conneticut.
- Mary Champion, b. 1651, Saybrook, MIddlesex, Conneticut, d. December 10, 1732, Lyme, Connecticut.
- Stephen Champion, b. 1653, Saybrook, Middlesex, Connecticut, USA17, d. May 1660, Saybrook, Middlesex, Connecticut, USA17.
- +Henry Champion, b. 1654, Saybrook, Middlesex, Connecticut, USA17, d. July 15, 1704, Lyme, New London, Connecticut, USA17.
- Thomas Champion, b. 1656, Saybrook, MIddlesex, Conneticut18, d. April 05, 1705, Lyme, New London, CT18.
- Rachel Champion, b. 1658, Saybrook, MIddlesex, Conneticut18, d. date unknown.