- RIDDELL, Helen ca 1930 (43 KB)
Riddell, Helen. Sister of Everitt and Mary Riddell. Wife of Martin Kelso. My Great Aunt.
- McAmmond, French, & Crawford (53 KB)
Photograph of Charlotte McAmmond with her Mother Lucy and daughter Martha
- Unknown Child. n.d. (38 KB)
Robson Photographer, Petrolia, Ontario.
- McAmmond Homestead - Parry Sound Muskoka (84 KB)
Homestead of William McAmmond and Sydney Irwin in Parry Sound, Ontario. n.d. Photo supplied by Arnold Carleton.
- Unknown Husband & Wife. n.d. (40 KB)
Flemons Photographer, Tonbridge, Ontario. Photographer in business since 1864.
- FRENCH, Lucy Anne n.d. (32 KB)
Photograph of Lucy Anne French b: Monivais Co. Galway Ireland that married William Crawford in Ottawa, and later married John LaBrash of Parry Sound.
- Unknown Woman & children. ca 1890-1899 (41 KB)
Senior Photographer, Blenheim, Ontario.
- McAmmond Gravestone (64 KB)
Gravestone of John Forest McAmmond & Charlotte Crawford in Parry Sound. Photograph complements of Arnold Carleton.
- MACLEAN Family, St. Catharines, Ontario. (54 KB)
- Labrash Gravestone (76 KB)
Gravestone of John Labrash and Lucy French in Parry Sound. Photograph complements of Arnold Carleton.
- RASON - RIDDELL Marriage Certificate 1860 (106 KB)
Certificate of Marriage between Johnson Rason and Elizabeth Riddle September 2nd, 1860. Crystal Palace, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada West.
- Male Child wearing MacLean Tartan. ca 1874-1877 (56 KB)
Joseph T. See, Photographer, in business in St. Catharines since 1864.
- Photo Composite (91 KB)
Photo Composite of the Riddell family. Several generations.
- Riddell & Son Hardware, St. Catharines, ca 1935. (79 KB)
Photograph of Riddell & Son hardware, that was started in 1857 and was in operation until 1947 on St. Paul St. in St. Catharines, Ontario. My grandfather, A. Everitt is standing on the right hand side.
- John MCAMMOND & Jane FOSTER Marriage Registration (218 KB)
Marriage of John McAmmond & Jane Foster at St. Andrew's Church Ottawa, Canada in 1834. Microfilm Reel M-2365 Marriages & Deaths, St. Andrew's Church, Ottawa Canada March 1830-1834 /National Archives of Canada.
- MacLean Family. n.d. (65 KB)
Photograph of MacLean Family taken outside their home. No date.
- MACLEAN Grocers, St. Catharines. n.d. (70 KB)
Inside the MacLean grocery Store, St. Catharines, Ontario.
- MOORE, Gertrude Beatrice, n.d. (35 KB)
My Great-Grandmother's sister, Gertrude Beatrice Moore. Photographer unknown.
- MOORE, John James n.d. (55 KB)
John James Moore is my 2nd Great Grandfather. He was a bookeeper while living in St. Catharines in 1873. He married in April 1876 to Mary EVERITT and had several children.Florence Elizabeth, Everitt John, Gertrude Beatrice, and Helen.Ed MOORE of Ft. Dodge is John James Moore's brother, and there is another photo of Ed's two daughters on this page.This photograph was taken in Orangeville, Ontario according to my grandmother. John had a small cottage there, that he called Lillesleaf, named after the Scottish village in Roxburgshire. I myself visited that cottage as a child.Two of the Moore children were born in or near Ft. Dodge, Iowa. The two younger were born in St. Catharines. John MOORE died in Ft. Dodge in 1886, where he had family.
- MOORE, Mary n.d. (27 KB)
My 2nd Great Grandmother, Mary Moore ( nee Everitt). St. Catharines, Ontario before 1926.
- Riddell,Andrew Everitt ca 1930 (82 KB)
Photo of my grandfather.
- POSTCARD - Washington D.C. Union Station 1909 (151 KB)
Postcard, b&w, 3X5; The Colonnade, Union Station -I & M Ottenheimer, Baltimore, MD. Correspondence from my Great grandfather to my Great Grandmother dated March 17, 1909. Postmarked same." Arrived here this evening. Am feeling OK. Since writing you last night I have decided to stay in Washington for a few days and cut out the trip to New York. I recieved your letter written on the 14th, this a.m. in Phila., Was out to Memorial Hall in Farimont Park and also visited the mint - some gold and silver galore and bushels of money. Hope Helen is better, give the kiddies a hug and kiss for me and don't forget No.1. Good night dear from your Hub Andy."
- MACKIE, Les with Mayonaise Truck ca 1929 (131 KB)
Mackie Mayonaisse was operated by Les Mackie of St. Catharines, out of the back of the MacLean Grocers store on James St. Les is standing at the front of the vehicle.
- EVERITT, Dr. Jacob Service Record page 1 (413 KB)
Letter from Adjundant General of New Jersey to Gertrude DITTRICK, explaining Dr. Jacob EVERITT's service record as civillian doctor during American Revolutionary War. Letter dated September 2, 1927.
- EVERITT, Dr. Jacob -Service Record page 2 (394 KB)
Letter from Adjundant General of New Jersey to Gertrude DITTRICK explaining Dr. Jacob Everitt's service record during the American Revolutionary War. Dr. Everitt was a civillian doctor. Letter dated September 2, 1927.
- EVERITT, Dr. Jacob - Service Record page 3 (361 KB)
Letter from Adjundant General of New Jersey to Gertrude DITTRICK discussing Dr. Jacob EVERITT's service record as civillian doctor during the American Revolutionary War.
- Gravestone - Thomas Shillington & Elizabeth Taylor (92 KB)
Gravestone location Merivale Cemetery, Nepean, Ontario Canada. Stone of Thomas Shillington 1842-1913 & family. Four sides with urn at the top. All four sides inscribed. See other photographs for closer look.
- MACKIE,Muriel (28 KB)
- RIDDELL, Andrew.T. & Florence (93 KB)
Great Grandparents A.T. Riddell & Florence Moore.
- SPENCE, James - Roggen Photo - Chicago. n.d. (33 KB)
Spence, James - age 19 months.
- RIDDELL Children ca 1909 (87 KB)
Helen, Everitt and Mary Riddell in Pt Dalhousie
- MOORE Girls- Searl Photo, Winnipeg, Manitoba. n.d. (52 KB)
Daughters of Ed Moore, originally of Ft. Dodge, Iowa.Anyone having information on Ed Moore, please contact me.
- Birthday Party 1913 -St. Catharines, Ontario (93 KB)
Photograph of a birthday party taken in 1913. Persons identified by Muriel Riddell
- HAY, Christina -bornOct. 4th, 1895. (54 KB)
Howorth Photo, Chicago, Cook Co.,Illinois.
- EVERITT, Issac of WilkesBarre, P.A. ca 1884-1896 (79 KB)
Issac was one of the co-founders of the 2nd National Bank in WIlkesBarre, P.A. with his brother Matthew L. Everitt. Issac died in 1898. Scan & manipulation (c) A. Riddell 2002.
- Gravestone Thos. Shillington &Eliz.Taylor side 1 (205 KB)
Gravestone location Merivale Cemetery, Nepean, Ontario, Canada. Grey stone. This is the East side of the stone, that faces Merivale Road.
- MOORE, Florence - Great Grandmother ca 1884-1900 (52 KB)
T.S. Hill, Photographer, St. Catharines. Scanned & retouched (c) A. Riddell, 2002.
- Gravestone Thos. Shillington & Eliz. Taylor side 2 (167 KB)
Gravestone location Merivale Cemetery of Thomas Shillington family. This side faces North. Daughter Barbara Shillington, son Thomas G. Shillington, Elizabeth & George Shipman. Son & Daughters of Thomas. & Elizabeth Shillington.
- Gravestone -Thos. Shillington & Eliz.Taylor side 3 (191 KB)
Gravestone of John Shillington, Fred Shillington, and Mamie Laurie. Gray stone. Faces west.
- Gravestone-Thos. Shillington & Eliz. Taylor side 4 (219 KB)
Gravestone of Ethel Wallace, WJH Shillington and Edith Morris. Gray stone, south side.
- MACLEAN, Jim ( James H.) (64 KB)
A merchant from St. Catharines. He moved to Noblesville, Indiana, where this photograph was taken. Trying to identify the photographer, but hard to read the corner of mount board.
- Gravestone - Barbara Shillington & John McAmmond (189 KB)
Gravestone location merivale Cemetery. Gray stone. Four sides. Only inscribed on the east side of stone. See other file for closer look of inscription. NOTE: John McAmmond is buried in Manitoba.
- RIDDELL Wins 2nd Term as Mayor of St. Catharines (248 KB)
The Star Journal. St. Catharines, Ontario. January 8, 1907.
- Gravestone Barbara Shillington & John McAmmond (234 KB)
Gravestone, Merivale Cemetery, Nepean, Ontario, Canada. Gray stone, side 1 east side. " In loving memory of Barbara Shillington wife of John McAmmond born Feby 9 1846 died Sept. 20, 1906 Asleep in Jesus" Note: John McAmmond is buried in Manitoba. He died in 1920.
- MACKIE, Gervaise-Veterinary Surgeon (105 KB)
G.W. Mackie Veterinary Clinic, ca 1907. in Aylmer, Malahide Twp., Elgin Co., Ontario, Canada.
- Gravestone Albert Edward McAmmond & Jessie Weght (229 KB)
Gray stone located in Merivale Cemetery, Nepean, Ontario, Canada. Side 1 facing east. Nothing inscribed on side 2 at west side of stone.
- Gravestone Alexander Nelson & Eliz. Shillington (225 KB)
Gravestone located at Merivale Cemetery, Nepean, Ontario, Canada.
- Gravestone Alex Nelson & Eliza Shillington Side 1 (234 KB)
Gravestone located at Merivale Cemetery. Side 1 faces east. " In Memory of Alexr Nelson 1843-1922"
- GravestoneAlex Nelson & Eliza Shillington side 2 (148 KB)
Gravestone location, Merivale Cemetery. Side 2 faces north. " Eliza Shillington beloved wife of Alexander Nelson died January 1881..."
- RIDDELL, Andrew ca 1863-65 - 2nd Great Grandfather (53 KB)
James Inglis, Photographer. A. Riddell gave this photo to his future wife, H. Robertson before they were married in 1865. Her name appears at the bottom of the mount board. Scanned by A. Riddell(c)2001
- Unknown Boy & Sled (56 KB)
Cagen & Fraser, Photographers, Toronto.
- MOORE, Florence E. - 1884 - Great Grandmother (36 KB)
Leisensing Photo, Ft. Dodge, Iowa. Scanned by A. Riddell (c)2001
- MACLEAN, Mary & Les Mackieca 1903 (63 KB)
Photographer Unknown. Location unknown.
- RIDDELL, A - Fire Chief of St. Catharines, Ontario (20 KB)
Unknown Photographer ca 1895-1905. A. Riddell as Chief of Fire Brigade. He was elected Mayor of St. Catharines in 1906, and re-elected in 1907. He is the only Mayor to serve two consecutive terms. - Scanned by A. Riddell (c)2001.
- Athletic Juniors Lacrosse Team 1887 - Niagara (137 KB)
Niagara District Champions. Back:J. Notman, R.S. Burleigh, Robt. MacDonald, Ed Graves, N.R.MacGregor, Geo. E. Waud,C. Lobb, T. Cambray,H. O'Loughlin. Mid: M. Johnson, R. Williams, Alf Hare, H. Morton. Front: W. Burleigh, A.T. Riddle, Wm. McLaughlin.[ A.T. Riddle is Great Grandfather].
- MACKIE, Gervaise - ca 1890 - Great Grandfather (21 KB)
Unknown Photographer. Gervaise was a veterinarian Lived in Aylmer, Ontario. Travelled through desert states of USA, San Francisco, and Mexico. Scanned by A. Riddell (c)2001
- The Strathroy Woollens Store by Paul Butler 1992. (58 KB)
Letter written by Paul; Butler to myself, giving background history of the Strathroy Woolen Mill, later known as Butler's Mill. His grandfather, James Butler, bought the Mill from the Rason Family. The store was located at 9 Front St. in Strathroy, and the Mill was on Victoria St. Paul Butler lived above the store on Front St. The building is still there.
- Gravestone Alex Nelson & Eliza Shillington side 3 (164 KB)
Gravestone location Merivale Cemetery. Side 3 faces west. " Nellie Albertha Nelson daughter of Alexander & Eliza Mulvagh 1885-1964."
- Gravestone of Andrew Riddell & Catherine Cameron (63 KB)
Andrew Riddell & Catherine Cameron are my 3rd Great Grandparents. They're my immigrant ancestors. They first settled in Lincoln, Ontario, Canada in the village of Beaverdams in 1850. After the children married off, Andrew & Catherine moved with their daughter Elizabeth & husband Johnson Rason to N. Adelaide Twp. near Strathroy. Andrew Riddell operated a Woollen Mill with his son-in-law, Johnson Rason and Daniel McVicar. Daniel was a labourer on the Riddell farm back in Beaverdams. Riddell retired and Rason ran the mill until the age of 45. Elizabeth took over the operation of the mill until it was sold to the Butler family.The Gravestone is located at Strathroy Municipal Cemetery on Metcalfe St. W. Section "F" Row 11, stone 7. Rason is on the opposite side of the Riddell stone with his family, with the exeption of one daughter, Annie May Rason, who is buried in Mt. Brydges, Caradoc Twp., Middlesex Co. Photo (c) Andrew Riddell July 2002.
- GravestoneAlexander Nelson side 4 (160 KB)
gravestone location Merivale Cemetery. Side 4 faces south. "Eliza J. Mulvagh beloved wife of Alexr Nelson died Jan. 28. 1899. Aged 47 YRS."
- Gravestone - Johnson RASON & Elizabeth RIDDELL (67 KB)
The gravestone is located in Strathroy Municipal Cemetery on Metcalfe St. W. The opposite side of the stone is Elizabeth's parents, Andrew Riddell & Catherine Cameron. Photo (c) Andrew Riddell, July 2002.
- Gravestone Phoebe A.J. Nelson side 1 (221 KB)
Gravestone location Merivale Cemetery. Side 1 faces east. "In Memory of Phoebe A.J. daughter of A & E.J. Nelson Died 21 Apr. 1887. AE. 3 YRS." - her brother William Merritt Nelson is on the west side of the stone.
- RIDDELL, George M. The Evening Star Journal 1895 (153 KB)
George Murray Riddell is the son of Andrew Riddell & Helen Robertson, and the brother of my great-grandfather Andrew T. Riddell, William C. and J. Archibald Riddell.
- Gravestone - Phoebe A.J. Nelson side 2 (242 KB)
Gravestone lcoation Merivale Cemetery. Side 2 faces west. " In Memory of William Merritt son of A & E.J. Nelson died Sept. 1879 AE 4 mos." - His sister Phoebe is on side 1.
- UPPER, Janet (Riddell) The Evening Journal 1912 (152 KB)
Janet Upper is the daughter of Andrew Riddell & Catherine Cameron. The sister of Elizabeth Rason( nee Riddell ) and Andrew Riddell, Mayor of St. Catharines.
- Gravestone - John Nelson & Esther Abbott side 1 (198 KB)
Gravestone location Merivale Cemetery. Side 1 faces east. John Nelson, Esther Abbott, J. Wellington Nelson, and Abbie Violet Thompson. No inscriptions on side 2.
- MACKIE, Gervaise, inside Veterinanary Clinic. n.d. (84 KB)
Photograph of my Great-grandfather inside his veterinary clinic in Aylmer, Malahide Twp., Elgin Co., Ontario, Canada.
- Gravestone - Thomas Nelson & Ann McAmmond (135 KB)
Gravestone location Merivale Cemetery. Four sides. See other files for closer view.
- MACKIE, G.W. Veterinary Clinic. n.d. (56 KB)
Winter scene of G.W. Mackie Veterinary Clinic in Aylmer, Ontario.
- Gravestone - Thomas Nelson & Ann McAmmond side 1 (234 KB)
Gravestone location Merivale Cemetery, Nepean, Ontario, Canada. Side 1 faces east.NOTE: Ann McAmmond is sister of John McAmmond that came to Canada from Co. Antrim Ireland.
- Gravestone - Thomas Nelson & Ann McAmmond side 2 (214 KB)
Gravestone location Merivale Cemetery. Side 2 faces north. Albertha Nelson & James Mullen
- Gravestone - Thomas Nelson & Ann McAmmond side 3 (218 KB)
Gravestone location Merivale Cemetery. Side 3 faces west. Thomas Nelson Jr.
- Gravestone - Thomas Nelson & Ann McAmmond side 4 (171 KB)
Gravestone location Merivale Cemetery. Side 4 faces south. Thomas Nelson of Co. Antrim Ireland.
- MACKIE, G.W. in his sleigh. n.d. (78 KB)
Winter scene of Dr. G.W. Mackie in his horse-drawn sleigh in Aylmer, Ontario.
- RIDDELL, A.T. - ca 1884 - 1900 Great Grandfather (9 KB)
T.S. Hill Photographer. A.T. Riddell joined the hardware business in the late 1880's. Scanned by A. Riddell (c) 2001.
- MACKIE, Annie & Les 1903. (38 KB)
Photograph of my great-grandmother and Great Uncle in St. Catharines, Ontario. Date indicated on the back, in Annie Mackie's handwriting. " To John McLean Feby 1903. Leslie Douglas Mackie age 16 months. Feby 9th, 1903."
- RASON, Johnson - 1837-1881 - Obituary (45 KB)
Obituary- RASON - Strathroy Age Dispatch, Jan. 1879- May 25, 1882National Archives of Canada NJ.FM 368 Date: April 08, 1881. Paper published Wednesdays. Scanned by A. Riddell 2001.
- RIDDELL, George Murray - Death Registration 1895 (94 KB)
Son of Andrew Riddell & Helen Robertson.25 yrs.RG 80, Death Registrations in Ontario MS 935 Reel 75, Riddell, Goeorge M., M91 St. Catharines., CO, 33, 11/24/95 Registration #01024395.
- RASON, Johnson - Death Registration in Ontario (59 KB)
RG 80 Death Registration in Ontario MS 935 Reel #28, page 613, RASON, Johnson, M91, Strathroy, co 35, 04 881 Death Registration #01163681 Archives of Ontario. Scanned by A. Riddell 2001. Rason had Disease of the Kidneys. Religion: Methodist.
- RIDDELL, James - Death Registration, 1878. (110 KB)
Son of Andrew Riddell & Helen Robertson.RG 80 Index of Deaths in Ontario, 1869-1921. MS 937 Riddell, James, M91, St. Catharines, CO, 33, 11 478 Death Registration # 00793978.3 yrs.
- Gravestone - Barbara Sarah Emmaline McAmmond (259 KB)
Gravestone location, Bell's Corners United Church Cemetery, Nepean Twp., Carleton Co. Ontario. Barbara Sarah Emmaline and Mary Jane McAmmond daughters of Rev. Thomas McAmmond and Ann Jane Hare. Side 1 faces east. No inscription on west side.
- MACKIE, Gervaise. n.d. - Great Grandfather (38 KB)
Unknown Photographer. Likely in Aylmer, Ontario by L.F. Clarke. n.d. Scanned by A. Riddell 2001.
- RIDDELL, John Alexander - Death Registration, 1878 (61 KB)
Son of Andrew Riddell & Helen Robertson.RG 80, Index of Deaths in Ontario, 1869-1921. MS 937. Riddell, John Alex., St. Catharines, Co. 33,11 478 Registration 00794078.6 yrs. 3 months.
- Gravestone Robert Hare & Barbara Shillington side1 (248 KB)
Gravestone location Bell's Corners. Four sides of stone. three are inscribed. First side is Barbara Shillington.
- MOORE, Everitt John. Ft. Dodge, Iowa, 1884. (43 KB)
My Great Grandmother's brother.Leisensing Photo, 1884.Scanned by A. Riddell (c) 2001.
- RIDDELL, Lizzie - Death Registration, 1878. (75 KB)
Daughter of Andrew Riddell & Helen Robertson.Age: 1 year & 4 months.
- Gravestone Robert Hare & Barbara Shillington side2 (248 KB)
Gravestone location Bell's Corners. Side 2 faces North. Side 2 is Robert Hare.
- Great Uncle Les Mackie ca 1904 in St. Catharines (45 KB)
E. Poole Photographer, St. Catharines, Ontario.
- Gravestone-Robert Hare & Barbara Shillington side4 (225 KB)
Gravestone location Bell's Corners. SIde 4 faces south. No inscription on west side of stone. Daughter Lydia Emeline daughter of Robert Hare & Barbara Shillington.
- RIDDELL, A. Everitt - My Grandfather (46 KB)
Arnold Bates, Photographer, St. Catharines.
- MACLEAN Headstone, St. Catharines, Ontario, side 1 (121 KB)
Headstone of John MacLean and Eliza Stinson's family. Members are John MACLEAN, Eliza Jane STINSON, Marietta MACLEAN, Alice E. MACLEAN, John MACLEAN - Hoadley Photo.
- RIDDELL FamilyCompositebyAndrew Riddell 2002 (74 KB)
Riddell family photo composite, using Riddell Hardware Store as background. (c) Andrew Riddell, Archives Technician 2002
- MACLEAN Headstone, St. Catharines, Side 2 (106 KB)
Headstone of John MacLean and Eliza Stinson. Members are Harriett MACLEAN, ELIZA JANE EVANS, D. Les MACKIE, Annie L. MACKIE. - Hoadley Photo.
- STEER siblings with Uncle Andrew [ ca 1918 ] (65 KB)
" An early visit to Uncle Andrew's - Cameron, Donald, Lila " - Photo compliments of Lila Steer.
- IRWIN, Sydney, Photograph, n.d. (48 KB)
Photograph of Sydney IRWIN (1842-1911). Wife of William McAmmond (1836-1920) of Maple Island, Parry Sound, Ontario, Muskoka District. Photograph complements of Arnold C. Carleton.Sydney was born in Wakefield, Quebec and died in Parry Sound.
- MCAMMOND, William. Photograph. nd. (27 KB)
Photograph of William MCAMMOND (1836-1920). Husband of Sydney IRWIN (1842-1911) of Parry Sound, Ontario. Muskoka District. Photo complements of Arnold C. Carleton. William was born in Nepean, Ontario and died in Parry Sound. He was postmaster at Glenila, Parry Sound1882-05-01 to 1892-05-02 and 1901-04-01 to 1909-03-27 until it Closed Canadian Postal Archives
- MCAMMOND, John & Charlotte. Photograph. n.d. (45 KB)
Photograph Of John Forest McAmmond (1870-1950)and Charlotte CRAWFORD (1876-1951) of Parry Sound. Photograph complements of Arnold C. Carleton. Charlotte was born in Ottawa, and lived with her Uncle Daniel MCDONALD, at the age of 15 in Parry Sound. She & John Forest MCAMMOND were married in Parry Sound District.
- RIDDELL, Helen ca 1930 (43 KB)
Riddell, Helen. Sister of Everitt and Mary Riddell. Wife of Martin Kelso. My Great Aunt.