The Earp Family:Information about Martha Ann Early
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Martha Ann Early (b. August 28, 1790, d. September 24, 1880)Martha Ann Early was born August 28, 1790 in North Carolina11, and died September 24, 1880 in Monmouth,Warren County, Illinois11.She married Walter Earp on 1808 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia11.
Notes for Martha Ann Early:
Martha Ann Early and her husband,Walter Earp, "raised all the children born to them, lived to see all married and settled in life."
"She was a woman of strong mind and quick perception, quick to discern between the right and wrong and uphold the right, but her faith and trust in God, and promises were stronger still..."
She lived to be 91 years and 17 days old, leaving behind her eight children, being the mother of 9 children, the grandmother of 85, the great-grandmother of 130, and the great-great-grandmother of 13, making in all 237 of the family
--from the eulogy that Jonathan Douglas Earp wrote in September of 1880 for his mother, and which appears on pages 136-137 of Earp Family Genealogy.
More About Martha Ann Early and Walter Earp:
Marriage: 1808, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.11
Children of Martha Ann Early and Walter Earp are:
- +Lorenzo Dow Earp, b. December 08, 1809, Lincoln County, North Carolina12, d. December 12, 1893, Jasper County, Iowa12.
- Elizabeth Earp, b. 1811, d. date unknown.
- +Nicholas Porter Earp, b. September 06, 1813, Lincoln County, North Carolina13, d. November 12, 1907, Los Angeles County, California13, 14.
- Josiah Jackson Earp, b. 1816, d. date unknown.
- James O'Kelly Earp, b. Abt. 1818, d. date unknown.
- Francis Asbury Earp, b. 1821, d. date unknown.
- Jonathan Douglas Earp, b. April 28, 1824, d. date unknown.
- Sarah Ann Earp, b. 1827, Ohio County, Kentucky, d. February 05, 1902, Monmouth, Warren County, Illinois.