Home Page Of William Frederick RilingUpdated March 27, 2002
13420 sw 62 st
I am researching the Riling family of Pennsylvania. John Riling Sr. lived in Blair County in the early 1800's. He had eight sons and one daughter. Most of them stayed in the Altoona Pa area, two sons moved to Illinois around 1850, and one son moved to West Virginia.
I am also researching other lines including the Muecke (later Mickey), and Blickensderfer families who originated aroundLititz, Lancaster County Pa in late 1700's, and the Schlozer (later Sletzer) and Reid families of Cuyahoga county, Ohio.
Any information you have would be greatly appreciated, and I would be happy to share what information I have.
- Jackson, Sheldon, & John RilingAltoona PA c1912 (107 KB)
This photo taken about 1912 in Altoona PA is of Jackson S. Riling (1905-1989) and his brothers Sheldon Crawford Riling (1903-1968--my grandfather) and John H. Riling (1908-1967)
- John and Mary Riling circa 1870 (52 KB)
John Riling Sr. (1801-1880) and wife Mary Turnbaugh (1798-1873)
- All my great-grandparents on my mother's side (126 KB)
circa 1919 l-r Edith Bew Sletzer, Mary Claffee Reid, William Sletzer, George F Reid Sr., Dorothy Sletzer Reid, and George H. Reid
- Jacob Blickensderfer (106 KB)
Jacob Blickensderfer (1816-1899) authored the book "History of the Blickensderfer Family in America" He married Maria Louise Tshudy.
- Edith Allene Sletzer Sabin at age 4circa 1896 (58 KB)
Edith was my grandmother Dorothy Sletzer Reid's sister. She died at age 22 after childbirth. She had been married to Edward Sabin for two years.
- J. F. Carl Schlozer and son William Henry Sletzer (50 KB)
J.F. Carl Schlozer (1817-1899) and son William Henry Sletzer (1865-1931). J.F. Carl Schlozer emigrated to America from Germany in 1853.
- George Canfield Blickensderfer (1850-1917) (13 KB)
inventor of the famous Blickensderfer typewriters
- Ann Allen Bew Twelvetree (1841-1918) (44 KB)
Ann Allen Bew Twelvetree was born in 1841 in England, and died in 1918 in Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co., Ohio. William Twelvetree was her second husband.
- John Howard and Sarah Adella (Corle) Riling (52 KB)
my great-grandparents, John Howard Riling (1863-1957) and Sarah Adella Corle (1873-1944)
- Flora Agnes Fasick Mickey (40 KB)
My great-grandmother, Flora Agnes Fasick (1872-1959) was married to Frederick William Mickey on April 25, 1899.
- Dorothy May Reid and Mary Edith Bew Sletzer c1923 (70 KB)
my aunt Dorothy May Reid with her grandmother Mary Edith Bew Sletzer
- Renna Reid circa 1920 (16 KB)
Renna Reid (1894-1989)was the sister of my grandfather George Francis Reid. She married twice, to William Vance and then to George Wilkenson.
- my grandfather George Francis Reid circa 1935 (77 KB)
pictured is the salesforce for the Ohio Buick Company taken about 1935. My grandfather George Francis Reid is in front row center
- Apprenticeship diploma for J.F. Carl Schlozer (217 KB)
This diploma is dated June 24, 1832. It was issuedto my 2nd great grandfather in Hollenbach, Wurttemberg Kingdom (what is now Bavaria Germany).
- William Henry Sletzer circa 1893 (84 KB)
back of photo says Pearl Division #1 Cleveland, Ohio
- Gravestones of Robert and Mary (Kent) Allen (72 KB)
located in Section 8 Lot 28 at Monroe Street Cemetery, Cleveland, Ohio