My family includes the surnames of: ROGERS, PACE, GILBERT, LACKEY, SLEDGE, MASON, HARRINGTON, MODGLIN, RUSSELL, TWITTY, DUNCAN, GARNER, STINNETT, BUSH, MOORE, MANLEY, ATKINSON, FOLSUM, DURHAM, STANGLE, WITHERSPOON, MORRIS, HAMPTON, GREEN, NUNNELEE, JOUITT, McREYNOLDS, WEATHERSBEE, DAVIS, and many more.Most of what I know, is after their arrival in Texas, which began in Abt. 1836 in Fannin County.My fathers side of the family settled in the northcentral and eastern counties and my mothers family settled in the Port Arthur/Houston area.The states they originated from are Tennessee, Kentucky, South and North Carolina, Virginia, Arkansas,Louisiana and Illinois - as far as I know.I am searching for information on any of these families.I have a lot of info. on some of them that I would be happy to share and grateful for any help I can get from others. Being we can only have 5 family reports at a time, I occassionally change them, so please email me if a particular surname is not present.I also have an Ancestry.com website under the name of Southern Roots or search by name.Please check as I have updated that site more than this one.
- Richard Atkinson (28 KB)
Air Force - WWII
- Cornelius Beverly Manley & Ethel Augusta Atkinson (24 KB)
Wedding picture.June 16, 1920
- Captain Caleb C. Christopherson (238 KB)
Caleb is now a Captain with the U.S. Air Force.Doesn't he look sharp!!!!
- Richard and Mayme Atkinson (24 KB)
Taken about 1945
- Edgar Atkinson & Leo, Richard, Dorothy and David (19 KB)
Taken near their home in Texas in about 1924.
- Edgar Atkinson/Nancy Conrad and children (16 KB)
Taken about 1914.Children are Ethel, Myrtle(Sandra) and Alvin.
- Alaina and Jason (45 KB)
Alaina and her cousin Jason at their High School graduation party.Spring 2000
- Ethel Augusta Manley (11 KB)
Taken at about 16 years of age.About 1914.
- Caleb and Kim (9 KB)
Taken at University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN.Air Force ROTC Banquet 1999.
- Edna Mae (Toni) Manley (13 KB)
Taken at about 4 years of age.About 1928
- Atkinson Brothers Serve Nation (112 KB)
Leo, David and Richard Atkinson all served in the Armed Forces during World War II.
- Edna Mae (Toni) Manley (9 KB)
About age 2.
- Uncle C.B. cousin Nancy and Edna Mae (Toni) (57 KB)
Three cousins.Taken in Cloquet.
- Donna and Lee (43 KB)
Donna and Lee.Taken summer 2000.
- Richard Edgar Atkinson (25 KB)
Taken about 1943. Age about 23.
- Jim, Nancy and Donna (62 KB)
Taken in Cloquet.
- Dr. Edwin Clay Rogers (18 KB)
Dr. Rogers(1804-1880) was a doctor in Fannin County, TX.He was also a member of the 5th Congress for the Republic of Texas.
- Edna Mae (Toni) Manley (32 KB)
About 1944 - Navy Wave
- Four Generations: Edna Mae, Donna, Alaina and Kyra (245 KB)
Great Grandma Edna Mae (Toni) holding Baby Kyra, Mom Alaina on left and Grandma Donna on the right.
- Caleb, Kim and their kittens - Katty and Maggie (42 KB)
Caleb, Kim and their kittens - Katty and Maggie
- Tom Rogers (23 KB)
About 1943 - Air Force
- Caleb and Kim - Caleb received his Wings (213 KB)
Caleb received his Wings.Caleb and Kim at the celebration dinner.