- The Aug Family 11-2007 (416 KB)
Including the surnames: Aug, Meltsner, Marcus, Bach, Krull, Levin, Raphael, Sabsevitz, Levine.
- The Werner Family 11-2007 (141 KB)
Including the surnames: Werner, Satinsky, Newman, Kanter, Rodoff, Rubin, Steinberg, Bohlman, Rothfort.
- The Mayper Family (403 KB)
Including the surnames:Mayper, Saydman, Romm, Wolpert, Bayer, Chipkin, Neviazhsky, Nurock, Levey, Kommel, Siegel, Kremer, Kagan, Cohen, Pearlstein, Abramson.
- The Gantze Megillah (1019 KB)
Including all family surnames and over 4000 individuals.
- Mordechai (Marx) Mayper and family.Circa 1897 (132 KB)
First family portrait taken in the New World.Standing:Lena.Middle Row (L-R): Joseph, Tzippeh (Sophia), Robert, Mordechai (Marx), Henry.Bottom Row (L-R): Victor, Rose.Son, Alexander, is not present and daughter, Gertrude, is not born yet.
- Kagan Family in Rumsiskes. 1936 (31 KB)
Elkhanan (Charles) Mayper, Esther Kagan, Tzerke (Mayper) Kagan, Efraim Kagan, Shimon Kagan-Cohen, Avraham Kagan (seated).Only Charles Mayper and Shimon Cohen escaped the Holocaust.
- Rivka Chana Saydman at Avramson wedding in Israel (35 KB)
Daughter of Rabbi Ben-Zion and Ilana (Feldman) Saydman.1997.The Avramson family is directly descended from Ephraim Mayper.
- Shabshe and Laybl Zilberkveit (29 KB)
Sons of Shraga Fayish and Beyla Reyza (Mayper) Zilberkveit.Army Corps.Circa 1915.Both sons and their parents perished in the Holocaust.
- Israel Chipkin (7 KB)
Son of Jacob and Hadassah Batia (Mayper) Chipkin.Pioneer American Jewish educator.New York.
- Arthur Saydman, son of Jeane and Al Saydman (30 KB)
4 years old.New York.1928
- Leah (Mayper) Gershater (28 KB)
New York.Circa 1910.
- Farewell to Providence, 1929 (14 KB)
Congregants of Beth Israel Synagogue, Providence, Rhode Island, saying goodbye to Rabbi Morris and Mary (Chipkin) Schussheim just before their aliyah to Eretz Yisrael.February 10, 1929.
- Free Sons of Israel Basketball Team (48 KB)
1939-40 championship team, Fidelity Chapter of the Free Sons of Israel fraternal organization.Al Saydman, Coach.New York.
- Gershater Kids.Omaha, Nebraska.1920 (33 KB)
Ezra (3), Ahuva (1), Ben-Zion (5).Children of Israel and Leah (Mayper) Gershater
- Tzippeh (Sophia Anna) (Wolpert) Mayper (11 KB)
Second wife of Mordechai (Marx) Mayper.Mother of Rose, Gertrude, Alexander, Joseph, Robert, and Victor.
- Congregation Kesher Israel (229 KB)
The Werner family ancestral shul.Philadelphia
- Mayper Sisters:Leah Gershater and Rivka Geffin (33 KB)
Leah on left.Summer of 1943, Montreal, Canada.Leah came to visit her sister, Rivka.It was their first reunion since 1903 when Leah left Rumsiskes bound for New York.
- Four Generations (41 KB)
Mordechai (Marx) Mayper; his son, Henry; his son, Jesse;his son, Myron.Circa 1930.New York.
- Rumsiskes Shul (38 KB)
Taken by Milton Mayper of Omaha, Nebraska, during his trip "back home" in 1932.
- Anna (Klein) Romm and Pauline Romm (28 KB)
Omaha, Nebraska.1928.Pauline Romm is a granddaughter of Pescha (Perlina) Mayper.
- Mordechai (Marx) Mayper's 79th Birthday Party (44 KB)
December 4, 1926. New York.Top Row (L-R): Unknown woman (possibly a Bayer relative), Rose and Jesse Mayper, Leah and Alexander Mayper, Victor and Regina Mayper, Unknown Woman, Gertrude (Mayper) and Sigmund Schatzberg, Unknown Man and Woman, Sam Lipetz (Husband of Rose Mayper), Unknown Man.Seated: Fannie and Henry Mayper, Rachel and Mordechai (Marx) Mayper, Lena (Mayper) and Nathan Bayer, Rose (Mayper) Lipetz.On Floor (L-R):Alvin Bayer, Lillian Mayper, Helen Bayer, Samuel Mayper, June Mayper, Ruth Bayer, Stuart Mayper, Stanley Bayer, Mildred Bayer (Wife of Seymour), Connie Mayper, Seymour Bayer, Jean Bayer.
- Milton Mayper (51 KB)
Milton's trip home to Rumsiskes...and memories of his old profession.1932
- Ephraim and Chaya Sarah (Shapiro) Mayper (46 KB)
- Mordechai Mayper (29 KB)
- Milton at the Train Station (33 KB)
Milton Mayper met by family at the Kaunas train station?1932.Front row:Mother Frayda Liba (Pearlstein) Mayper, Milton Mayper,
- The Fighting Gershaters: Ben-Zion, Ezra, Ephraim (30 KB)
"Ben", US Army Corps; "Gersh", RCAF; "Eph", US Army Infantry.England.1945
- Civil War Pension of Oscar Meltsner (23 KB)
Great grand uncle of Rabbi Ben-Zion Saydman
- William Meltsner's grandsons (31 KB)
Left to right: Bill Wolfe; Bob Alexander and Henry Meltsner.Long Island, New York.2002
- Beyla Reyza (Mayper) Zilberkveit and sons (34 KB)
Circa 1910.Kaunas (Kovno).
- Gertrude (Mayper) Schatzberg (6 KB)
In New York
- Victor and Anne (Pohl) Mayper (14 KB)
- Victor Mayper and Family (31 KB)
Regina (Loeb), Vic, Victor.New York.1928
- Ephriam Mayper'sTombstone (77 KB)
Rumsiskes Jewish Cemetery.Hebrew:Here is buried our dear father, Ephraim son of Avraham Naftali, Maiper who passed away on the day of Rosh Chodesh Mar Cheshvan, 5680 (October 25, 1919).May his soul be bound up in the bond of eternal life.The grave to the left is that of Ephraim's daughter, Beyla (Mayper)Zilberkveit.The Hebrew inscription reads:Here is buried our dear mother, Beyla Reyza daughter of Ephraim, Zilberkveit who passed away on the (?) day of (?) 5673 (1913).May her soul be bound up in the bond of eternal life.This is one of two known photographs of the old Rumshishok Jewish cemetery.The site of the old cemetery was flooded by the Soviets in 1958 and is now under the Kauno Marios Sea.
- Aerial photograph of Rumsiskes (Rumshishok). (63 KB)
1944.Photographed during WWII by German military aircraft
- Shul (24 KB)
Synagogue in Rumsiskes (Rumshishuk).1926
- Rabbi Bayer's House (38 KB)
Rumsiskes (Rumshishuk) 1926
- Ben and Al Saydman (35 KB)
Sons of Avraham Naftali and Bertha (Siegel) Mayper-Saydman.New York
- Rumsiskes (Rumshishuk) / Kaunas (Kovno) area map (1364 KB)
From a 1915 German map.
- Al Saydman:Bar Mitzva Boy (34 KB)
- Malka Aug Krull (13 KB)
Courtesy of Jeff Dunn
- Original Arrival Ship Manifest of Solomon Mayper (354 KB)
Arrived Ellis Island, NY.July 30, 1903
- Ketubah (66 KB)
Marriage contract ofMax and Mary (Werner)Newman.Philadelphia, PA.1933
- NYC Passenger Arrival Manifest of Philip Werner (50 KB)
Ship Rhaetia, Hamburg.Arrived NYC, June 18, 1888.
- Original Arrival Ship Manifest of Henny Mayper (278 KB)
Arrived Port of NY.August 16, 1895Ship Bohemia.Port of departure:Hamburg
- Saydman Wedding Reception (74 KB)
Panoramic photo of guests at the wedding of Al and Jeane (Liebowitz) Saydman.New York.1921
- Matzevah of Oscar Meltsner (53 KB)
Machpelah Cemetery, Ridgewood, Queens, NY.Yekhezkel ben Yekhiel Meltsner, father of Israel and Philip Meltsner.
- Ship Graf-Waldersee (54 KB)
Immigrant ship of Solomon Mayper
- Wedding of Al and Jeane (Liebowitz) Saydman (33 KB)
- Simon Aug-Levine and Family (20 KB)
L-R, Simon, Ida (in father's lap), Yitzhak, Bessie (middle), Unknown woman (standing), Etta.Circa 1892.Dubuque, Iowa.
- Ben-Zion (Benson) Meltsner (8 KB)
Testimonial dinner honoring Benson Meltsner for 25 years as president of the Montefiore Hebrew Free School.Broadway Central Hotel.1928
- Shraga Feivel (Philip) Werner (1046 KB)
A pillar of the immigrant Jewish community.Philadelphia, circa 1900.
- Tante Sadie sitting on the Meltsner family settee (68 KB)
Shul membership function at the Saydman home, 1975.The settee and matching chair (circa 1850, Holland) were purchased by Benson Meltsner, given to Florence Meltsner, then given to Sadie Meltsner, then given toArthur Saydman.
- Mayper Family Store.Rumsiskes. (51 KB)
According to Ephraim Avramson, Avraham Naftali Mayper is seated on the left.Frieda (Pearlstein) Mayper is standing and herbrother is seated on the right.
- Solomon Werner and daughter, Mary (92 KB)
In front of the family store, Greater New York Extract Company, 421 South Second Street, Philadelphia.1923
- Mikhel and Rivka (Mayper) Geffin (33 KB)
Kaunas (Kovno).Circa 1900.
- Avraham Naftali Mayper and Family (40 KB)
Top Row (L-R):Laybel Zilberkveit, Unsure, Unsure, Unsure, Elchanan (Charles) Mayper.Middle Row:Tzerne (Mayper) Kagan, Mordechai Zisel Kagan, Avraham Naftali Mayper, Freyda Liba (Perlstein) Mayper, Rivka (Mayper) Geffin.Bottom Row:Shimon Kagan-Cohen, Esther Kagan, Ephraim Kagan.Rumsiskes.About 1920.
- Solomon Werner (105 KB)
- Three Mayper Girls? (139 KB)
Circa 1890.Kaunas.Can anyone identify these girls?
- Fanny Bohlman Israel (271 KB)
- Chaim and Rose Kanter (82 KB)
- The Kanters at the shore (314 KB)