The Mark F. Longbrakes of Marysville, OH:Information about Daniel Lambrecht
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Daniel Lambrecht (b. November 18, 1750, d. Aft. 1834)Daniel Lambrecht (son of Andreas Lambrecht and Maria Magdalena)16 was born November 18, 1750 in Red Hill, Montgomery County, PA, and died Aft. 1834 in Fairfield, OH.He married Anna Maria Elizabeth Kittweiler on May 25, 1772 in Red Hill, Montgomery, Pennsylvania, daughter of Johann Rudolph Kittweiler and Catharina Anna Bertshinger.
Notes for Daniel Lambrecht:
**Below information shared with me by Linda in Ohio (Pixieny1@aol.com)**
Event Text: Birth Event on 18 November 1750
Origin and use of the Lambright/Longbrake name: Daniel Lambrecht and family originally assumed the Angelicized spelling of Longbrake during the first decade of the 1800's prior to emigrating to Ohio. Marriage records of this family in Ohio (e.g. Fairfield County), are all entered as Longbrake. Daniel's land purchases (1800, etc.) list Longbrake, although he retained the German "Lambrecht" signature. Daniel's pension application filed in 1834 includes both Lambrecht and Longbrake in reference to him. Census records, Virginia 1810 and 1820, and Ohio from 1820 onward, all list Longbrake, not Lambrecht. And finally, every Longbrake in Ohio in 1850 can be traced back to Daniel and Elizabeth Longbrake.
The brother of Daniel, both Henry and John Lambrecht and their families, choose to use English translation "Lambright". This can be verified in early nineteenth century records of Frederick County, Maryland for Henry, and Beaver County, Pennsylvania for John. In this large family line we find that only the descendants of Daniel and Elizabeth used the name, "Longbrake."
Event Text: Tax Roll Event on 1783
Tax list for Lower Milford of 1783 gives Daniel Lambrech as the owner of 36 acres with the occupation of weaver. When the tax list is recorded two years later in 1785 this name disappeared from the rolls.
Event Text: Resided event on CA 1785
The tax lists for Milford Township lists Daniel Lambrech and family as residents in 1783. Then two years later in 1785 his family disappears from the tax lists forever for Lower Milford. From his military pension application he sates that he moved from Pennsylvania to Frecerick, Mayland and then to Shepherdstown, Virginia before finally settling in Fairfield County, OH.
**Below information shared with me by Mr. Donald Herman of Columbia, Maryland.**
There is some question as to who are the parents of Daniel; Jacob Lambecht or Andreas Lamprect.
Daniel Libreck appears on the 1790 Frederick County, MD., Census: 1m 16+, 3m -16, 3f
Daniel Lamprecht is considered for the position of Deacon, Evangelical Lutheran Church, Frederick County, MD., 17 June 1792; 1 July 1792 named to replace a retiree; a replacement named for Daniel "who had moved away" 4 July 1793. Daniel served in the Army during the Revolutionary War. According to his claim for Pension Benefits and a letter to him, dated 18 March 1834, from James L. Edwards, Commissioner of Pensions, Pension Office, War Department; He was granted a pension in the amount of $33.33 per annum commencing on _day of March 1831. Certificate of Pension issued the 19th day of March and sent 1834 W.W. Irwin, Lancaster, Ohio; recorded by I.T.Sprague, Clerk. Book 6, vol 8(or18), page 21.
The following is an attempt to transcribe his handwritten affadavit, sworn in open court and transcribed by M.Z.K_riden, Clerk; THE ? OF OHIO FAIRFIELD COUNTY-'ON THIS 7TH DAY OF MARCH 1834 PLEAS,NOW,______AND FOR THE COUNTY AFOREMENTIONED DANIEL LAMBRECHT A RESIDENT OF THIS COUNTY------HISS BEING FIRST DULY----ACCORDING TO LAW, DOTH, ON HIS OATH MAKE THE FOLLOWING DECLARATION IN ORDER TO ATTAIN THE BENEFITS OF THE ACT OF CONGRESS--JUNE 7TH 1832."----The rest of this information aer excerpts from his statement:
- He was born in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania in 1749 (hs is not sure of his age).
- When the Revolutionary War commenced he resided in Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- He is German by birth and education and his name is Daniel ----- or in English Daniel Lambrecht.
- He served in the Bucks County Militia on 4 different occasions, each time being approximately 2 months.
- He was at the battle of Trenton, New Jersey and George Washington was there at the time.
- He moved from Pennsylvania to Maryland, from there to Virginia near Shepherdstown. He then moved to Fairfield County, Ohio about 22 years ago. (ca. 1812)
The tax list contained in the Pennsylvania archives indicates he lived in Philadelphia County in 1780 and that he was married. From 1781 to 1784 he and his family lived in Bucks County, Pennsylvania but in 1784 they moved to Fredrick County, Maryland.
The family moved to Berkeley County, Virginia (the part where they lived is now Jefferson County, West Virginia) in 1793 and in 1806 Daniel, his wife, and children George, Daniel Jr., John and Anna Maria moved to Fairfield County, Ohio. A tract of land was purchased approximately 10 miles north of Lancaster, Ohio. (section 17, township 16, range 19)
The name "Longbrake" was adopted during the early 1800's.
More About Daniel Lambrecht:
Baptism: November 23, 1750, St. Paul's Luthern Church, Red Hill, PA.
Date born 2: 1749, Philadelphia, PA?.
Date born 3: 175016
Died 2: 183416
Emigration: 1812, The book Ohio Soldiers in the Rev.War has this: Pvt Pa Militia.Enl 1779 Bucks Co.Pa whr he then lived.Served 10 mo. Appld for pens 1834 Fairfield Co.Oh.whence he came abt 1812 fr Sheppardstown Va; he had moved there fr Frederick Co. Md after war..
Military service 1: 1779, From Genealogical Abstracts of Revolutionary War Pension Files Vol II: F - M, Abstracted by Virgil D. White:.
Military service 2: 1776, Revolutionary War Bucks Co PA 3rd Co. Capt Cutler 2nd Battalion.
Property: 1783, Lower Milford Twp, Bucks Co 36 acres/weaver.
Religion: Reformed Lutheran.
More About Daniel Lambrecht and Anna Maria Elizabeth Kittweiler:
Marriage: May 25, 1772, Red Hill, Montgomery, Pennsylvania.
Children of Daniel Lambrecht and Anna Maria Elizabeth Kittweiler are:
- Catharina Margaretha Longbrake, b. March 04, 1773, Milford Twp., Bucks Co., PA16, d. December 26, 1775, Milford Twp., Bucks Co., PA.
- Catherine Longbrake, b. 1776, Milford Township, Bucks Co., PA16, d. date unknown.
- Daniel Longbrake II, b. March 14, 1781, Red Hill, Bucks County, PA, d. October 16, 1784, Frederick City, Frederick Co., MD.
- +Jacob (Joseph) Longbrake, b. April 01, 1781, Red Hills, Bucks Co., PA16, d. May 05, 1861, Logansville Cemetery, Pleasant Twnshp., Logan Co., OH16.
- +George Longbrake, b. 1787, Middletown, Frederick Co., MD16, d. 1817, Clark Co., Ohio16.
- +Daniel Longbrake III, b. April 26, 1788, Middletown, Frederick Co., MD16, d. August 18, 1858, Fairfield County, OH16.
- John Longbrake, b. May 1790, Middletown, Frederick Co., MD16, d. September 18, 1846, Licking Co., OH16.
- Anna Maria Longbrake, b. November 01, 1792, Middletown, Frederick Co., MD16, d. October 16, 1839, Amanda, Fairfield Co., OH.
- Zacaria Longbrake, b. July 05, 1796, Middletown, Frederick Co., MD16, d. date unknown.
- Eva Lambrecht, b. 1783, Red Hills, Bucks Co., PA, d. date unknown.