My Genealogy Home Page:Information about John Warnock
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Warnock (b. 1757, d. 23 August 1842)John Warnock was born 1757 in Antrim, Ulster, Ireland, and died 23 August 1842 in Abbeville, South Carolina.
Notes for John Warnock:
JOHN1 WARNOCK1 was born 1757 in Antrim, Ireland, and died 23 Aug 1842 in Anderson Co., SC, USA. He
married ELEANOR DOWDLE1 21 Jun 1786 in Abbeville, Abbeville Co., SC, USA, daughter of ROBERT DOWDLE
and JANE UNKNOWN. She was born 03 Sep 1767 in *Mecklenburg Co., NC, USA, and died 09 Nov 1850 in
Belton, Anderson Co., SC, USA.
Notes for JOHN WARNOCK:
He came to America via Delaware in 1774 when he was 17 years old. He came with his brother Andrew.
Revolutionary War pension records are available at the National Archives. He settled in the Abbeville Dist and
lived during his stint in the service during the Revolutionary War. Information furnished by Kathy (Knox)
Miller, Silverdale, WA.
More About JOHN WARNOCK:
Residence: Settled in Abbeville Dist., later known as Anderson Dist., SC
Notes for ELEANOR DOWDLE:
In 2005 there is no Mecklenburg, SC, but there is a Mecklenburg, NC. It is possible that portion of SC later
Children of JOHN WARNOCK and ELEANOR DOWDLE are:
2. i. MARY2 WARNOCK, b. 27 Jan 1787, Anderson Co., SC, USA; d. 11 Jan 1856, Anderson Co., SC, USA.
3. ii. JANE WARNOCK, b. 04 Jan 1789, Anderson Co., SC, USA.
4. iii. ELIZABETH WARNOCK, b. 11 Jan 1791, Anderson Co., SC, USA; d. 18 Dec 1841, Caledonia, Lowndes Co.,
5. iv. ELEANOR WARNOCK, b. 13 Oct 1792, Anderson Co., SC, USA; d. 11 Dec 1836, Ouachita Co., AR, USA.
6. v. ROBERT LOVE WARNOCK, b. 20 Nov 1794, *Pendleton Dist, York Co., SC, USA; d. 16 Sep 1845, Ouachita
Co, AR, USA.
7. vi. MARGARET WARNOCK, b. 07 Feb 1797, Anderson Co., SC, USA.
vii. FRANCES FANNY WARNOCK, b. 28 Jun 1799, Anderson Co., SC, USA; m. GEORGE TELFORD, Bet. 1827 -
1861; b. Bet. 1782 - 1802; d. Bet. 1827 - 1888.
8. viii. ANNA WARNOCK, b. 25 Aug 1801, Anderson Co., SC, USA; d. 01 Sep 1873.
9. ix. JOHN WARNOCK, JR., b. 17 Nov 1803, Anderson Co., SC, USA; d. 07 Jan 1873, Anderson Co., SC, USA.
x. JAMES WARNOCK, b. 15 Feb 1806, Anderson Co., SC, USA; d. Abt. 1807.
xi. REBECCA WARNOCK, b. 07 Mar 1808, Anderson Co., SC, USA; d. Bet. 1836 - 1902, Mississippi, USA; m.
UNKNOWN HAMILTON, Bet. 1836 - 1870; b. Bet. 1791 - 1811; d. Bet. 1836 - 1897.
2.John Warnock, brother of Andrew was born in 1757, and died 28 May
1842. He came to South Carolina with his brother in 1774, and served in
the South Carolina forces as a private, for which service he was granted
in 1831 a pension (file 27841). Following John Warnock's death, his
widow, Eleanor Dowdle Warnock (9.3.1768-1845+) - daughter of Robert
Dowdle-whom John Warnock had married on 31 January, 1786, was granted a
John and Eleanor Dowdle Warnock had eleven children; as indicated on the
Bible record filed with Eleanor's application for widow's pension. Bible
records show marriage date as 6-21-42. Bible records, DAR Records, Ga.
More About John Warnock and <Unnamed>:
Marriage: 21 June 1786, Abbeville, South Carolina.
Children of John Warnock are:
- +Robert Warnock, b. 20 November 1794, Pendleton Dist, York, South Carolina/Pendleton, Pickens Co., SC, d. 1845, Ouachita County, Arkansas.