- Aunt Ruby Dell and my Mom, Magnolia Simmons - 1933 (283 KB)
- Dr. William C. Simmons c. bef. 1914 (219 KB)
Dr. W.C. Simmons - b 29 Nov 1824, d 29 Dec 1914 - buried in Shiloh Baptist Church Cemetery, Manningham, Alabama (Greeneville, AL). Notice his Bible.
- William Isaac Riley family c. bef. 1920. (114 KB)
(Burnt Corn, Alabama) From L-R: Dixie Riley, daughters Magnolia and Virginia; others we can't tell for sure. Mom said (early 1999) that the little girl in the front, right of center, with the darker dress, came with the photographer. She thought the others, from R-L, were Willie, Ruby Dell, Anna and Myrt. Poppa, D.C. and Elmer ("Elma" or "Elmee," as they called him) were the males. The female, fourth from the left, is unknown. I don't know the dog's name.
- My grandfather, A.E. Simmons c. 1987 (73 KB)
A.E. Simmons - b 28 Aug 1889 d 29 June 1988 - in this picture he was in his late 90's.
- Dr. Simmons and some of his family c. bef. 1895 (422 KB)
L-R, front - James Simmons, Dr. Simmons, Mary Alice ("Mollie") Brazeale Simmons, Laura Simmons. Back - Unknown grandson and his son and wife, Bulah (probably Bulah Beatrice Simmons Luckie). Location likely near Manningham, Alabama. The handwritten notations are by Dr. Simmons' grandson, A.E. Simmons. Mollie died in 1895 so this picture was taken before that time. Notice the Bible in Dr. Simmons' hands.
- Three young Riley sisters c. 1920s. (51 KB)
L-R: Magnolia, Ruby Dell and Virginia.
- Thomas A. Simmons family c. 1890s (98 KB)
T.A. Simmons, wife Pearlie Smith Simmons and one of their sons (Albert, Aubrey, Owen or Myron).
- Edgar Simmons family c. 1939 (52 KB)
Daddy, Mama, Eddie (Edgar, Magnolia and Eddie Simmons)
- Evergreen High School 10th grade c. 1929 (148 KB)
Conecuh County HS 10th grade. Earle Magnolia Riley is standing, third from left. Any one you recognize?
- Steindorff and Simmons cousins October 1998 (253 KB)
Henry and Bettye Morgan, Calvin and Maxine Steindorff, Joyce (kneeling, right) and Gunther Klein ("Panama City" shirt), Henry and Claire Steindorff, Magnolia Simmons and Jerry Simmons, far right.
- D.C. Riley Grist Mill c. 1953 (78 KB)
Grist Mill located east side U.S. 31, just north of Murder creek and south of Evergreen - owned and operated by my Uncle D.C. Riley. He let me help him (slave labor almost!) - that ground meal smelled and felt so good.....
- William Isaac Riley Family c. 1900 (27 KB)
William Isaac Riley and wife, Dixie Anna (Talbert) Riley. Children L-R: Elmer, D.C., Anna, Myrtice.
- My grandmother, dad and two cousins c. 1918 (97 KB)
L-R, Ida (Tompkins) Simmons, Edgar A. Simmons, Ruby Mayo and Wallace Mayo.c. 1920, Century, Florida
- My Grandmother, daddy and Grandfather c. 1912 (179 KB)
Ida Tompkins Simmons, Edgar A. Simmons and Aubrey E. Simmons