Carl David Slocumb of Phenix City, AL:Information about JOHN CHARLES SLOCUMB
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
JOHN CHARLES SLOCUMB (b. 24 May 1761, d. 23 Oct 1845)JOHN CHARLES SLOCUMB (son of JOHN CHARLES SLOCUMB and Mildred Stephens (?)) was born 24 May 1761 in Georgia, and died 23 Oct 1845 in Jones Ct. Georgia.He married Lydia Reaves on 23 Aug 1787.
Notes for JOHN CHARLES SLOCUMB:
John Charles was born in Dobbs County, N.C.He was an American Revolutionary soldier having served from North Carolina.He may have held the rank of Captain.He went to Georgia and served under General Nathaniel Greene.He remained there and married
Lydia Reaves.Upon acquiring a land grant in the lottery of 1828, he and his family settled in Jones County,near Clinton, Ga.He and his wife were buried there.The old family home in Jones County, near Clinton, Ga. was destroyed by fire.Records
of the home are in Macon, Ga. Another son, William, is buried in a family cemetery in or near Byron, Georgia and a descendant, Barbara Ray and her husband, Richard, have renovated William's old home and live there in Bryon(1993).
More About JOHN CHARLES SLOCUMB:
Burial: FAMILY BURYING GROUNDS NEAR CLINTON.
More About JOHN CHARLES SLOCUMB and Lydia Reaves:
Marriage: 23 Aug 1787
Children of JOHN CHARLES SLOCUMB and Lydia Reaves are:
- +David Slocumb, b. 31 Dec 1788.
- John Charles Slocumb, b. 26 Jan 1790, d. 15 Oct 1803.
- +William Slocumb, b. 16 Dec 1792, Jones County, Ga., d. May 1872, Crawford County, Ga..
- Elizabeth Slocumb, b. 19 Nov 1794.
- Susanna Slocumb, b. 05 Aug 1797.
- +Joseph Slocumb, b. 08 Dec 1800, Slocumb, Jones County, Ga..
- +Mary Slocumb, b. 17 Apr 1802.
- +EZEKIEL SLOCUMB, b. 17 Sep 1804, Jones County, Ga. (Near Macon), d. 16 May 1872, Webster Co., GA., Turkey Creek Primitive Bapt Church.
- Jesse Slocumb, b. 24 Jan 1807.
- +Lee Reaves Slocumb, b. 07 Nov 1810.
- Stephen Slocumb, b. 18 Sep 1813.