My Genealogy Home Page:Information about John Langston III
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Langston III (b. 1710, d. Nov 11, 1790)John Langston III (son of John Langston II and Ann Vann) was born 1710 in Nansemond Va, Or, Chowan Co, NC, and died Nov 11, 1790 in Greenville, SC.He married Mary Agnes Mangrum on Abt. 1730, daughter of John Mangrum and Ann.
Notes for John Langston III:
THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF JOHN LANGSTON (1710 - 1790)
Greenville County, South Carolina March 1, 1782
Proven by the oaths of Joshua Smith and John White and ordered to be recorded which was done 11th Nov. 1790.
In the name of God Amen
I JOHN LANGSTON of South Carolina and worthy member of the Church being through the abundant mercy and goodness of God tho weak in body yeat of a sound and perfect understanding and memory do constitute this my last will and testament and desirest may be received by all as such imprimes.
· I most humbly bequeath my soul to God my maker beseeching his most gracious acceptance of it through the all sufficient merits and mediation of my most compassionate redeemer Jesus Christ who gave himself to be an attonement for my sins and is able to save to the uttermost all that come unto God by him seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them and who I trust will not reject me a returning penitent sinner when I come to him for mercy in this hope and confindence I tender up my soul with comfort humbly beseeching the most blessed and glorious Trinity One God most Holy most merciful and Glorious to prepare me for the time of my disolution and them to take me to himself in that peace and rest and incomparable felinity which he has prepared for all that love and hear his Holy name
· Item I give to my son James one negro named Harry to him and his heirs,
· Item I give to my son Solomon one negro named Lamkin to him and his heirs,
· Item I give to my grandson Asa at marriage if he lives until the, if not to his brother Willm but my wife to have the use of him her life and after her decease Jechonias until such marriage as afores'd one negor named Benn, I also give Jechonias that piece of land he lives on to him and his heirs,
· Item I give to my daughter Molley Smith one negro named Venus, but if Feb brings one more for that to go to Molley and Venus to fall to her mistress,
· Item I give to my daughter Beekka Wilms one negro girl named Ede to her and her heirs after my wife's decease
· Item I give to my daughter Fanney my negro boy named Tim,
· Item I give to my daughter Salley Smith one negro boy named Peter,
· Item to my son Samuel one negro man named Hippoh after my wife's deceased,
· Item I give to my daughter Elizabeth Spann one cow and calf,
· Item I give to my sons Joseph, Jesse ten shillings sterling each also my daughter Patta McVay the same,
· Item I leave the remainder of my whole estate land and mill and all my household goods and the use of all the negroes but Lamkin and Harry during her life and after her decease to be sold at Vendee, the land and mill and all the estate Indow and all be divided amongst my children named as followeth and first Samuel Langston, Molley Smith, Sally Smith & Fanny Langston, Jechonias Langston and John son of Jesse my grandson equal to be divided among them all and Bekka Willms.
I also constitute ordain this to be my last will and testament revising and disannuling every will and wills made by me hereto fore and I appoint my son Jechonias and my son-in-law Thos Williams to be my full and sole executors of this my last will and testament,
· I forgot Lusia Thompson to give her two Dollars silver and
I hereunto set my hand and seal this first day of March in the year of our Lord 1782.
JOHN LANGSTON (L.S.)
Test (his mark) Joshua X Smith
(his mark) John X White
(her mark) Eliner X White
More About John Langston III:
Occupation: Rev War Soldier SC.197
Will probated: Nov 11, 1790, Greenville County, South Carolina.197
More About John Langston III and Mary Agnes Mangrum:
Marriage 1: Abt. 1730
Marriage 2: Abt. 1730, Chowan Co., NC.198
Marriage 3: Abt. 1730, Greenville Co, SC.199, 200
Marriage 4: Abt. 1730, VA.201
Marriage 5: 1730, Greenville, , South Carolina.202
Marriage 6: Bef. 1731203, 204
Marriage Fact: Sep 11, 1975, ARIZO.205
Sealed to spouse (LDS): Sep 11, 1975, ARIZO.206
Children of John Langston III and Mary Agnes Mangrum are:
- +Solomon Langston, b. Mar 01, 1732, Isle of Wight Co., VA, d. 1825, Laurens County, SC.