My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Thomas Ellis Moore
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Thomas Ellis Moore (b. June 25, 1864, d. May 24, 1941)Thomas Ellis Moore (son of Moses Moore and Elizabeth ( Lizzie ) Oswalt?)3589, 3590, 3591, 3592, 3593, 3594 was born June 25, 1864 in Indian Territory ( Oklahoma3594, and died May 24, 1941 in Eufaula, ( Rurall) Mc Intosh County, Oklahoma3594.He married Rose May Beshers on Abt. 1890 in Creek Nation, Indian Territory (Oklahoma )3594, daughter of Thomas Beshers and Mandy.
Notes for Thomas Ellis Moore:
Thomas Moore: In a interview in 1980 Mattie Moore storysaid the town Lenna, Oklahoma was named after Lenna Moore.It seems that a name was needed by a Newley established post office near StidhamIn order to pick a name it was decided by the local officials to hold a contest to name the town (Post Office). People were invited to Submit names and a drawing would be made to select a list of names to be considered. Tom Moore dropped into the name box all the names of his Children . His daughter, Lenna'sname was dawned, thus Lenna, Oklahoma.In the book "Oklahoma Place Names" lists Lenna as being named after a local Creek Indian.The Moore cemetery in Lenna,Okla was started by Tom Moore on his place near Lenna. His Grand Nephew, Clarence Moore, Tells a story he heard when he was a boy. The story as told by Clearence goes like this. Tom Moore had fine riding horses that he used to put into the cemetery at night to graze. One of the late comers ( White Settlers) came up to Tom Moore and told him they did want him to let his horses graze in the grave yard because they had people buried there. ".Old Man Moore", said, "Listen this is my Grave Yard, tomorrow morning you best dig your people up and move them if you don't want corn growing in their face, because I am Damm well going to plow it all up and plant corn there come spring." Don't guess he followed up with the threat because the Cemetery is still there in Stedham.
Thomas Moore's Birth certificate indicates he died of hart problems at 76 years of age in 1941.His Birth certificate also indicates he was born in Texas in 1864 while the census records say he was born in the Creek Nation, Indian Territory.
More About Thomas Ellis Moore:
Burial: May 25, 1941, Moore Cemetry, Stidham, Mc Intosh County, Oklahoma.3595, 3596
More About Thomas Ellis Moore and Rose May Beshers:
Marriage 1: Abt. 1890, Creek Nation, Indian Territory (Oklahoma ).3596
Marriage 2: July 11, 1890, Creek Nation, Indian Territory, Oklahoma.3596
Children of Thomas Ellis Moore and Rose May Beshers are:
- +Mattie May Moore, b. May 19, 1891, Fame, Creek Indian Nation, Indian Territory ( Oklahoma)3596, d. date unknown.
- +Lennie Doddy Moore, b. August 14, 1892, Creek Nation, Indian Territory, Oklahoma3596, d. date not given, Creek Nation, Indian Territory, Oklahoma3596.
- Lottie Hebbie Moore, b. August 14, 1892, Creek Nation, Indian Territory, Oklahoma3596, d. 1892, Creek Nation, Indian Territory, Oklahoma3596.
- +Jullia Virginia Moore, b. June 15, 1896, Fame , McIntosh County, Oklahoma3596, d. 19563596.
- Moses Hamon Moore, b. February 19, 1898, Fame, Creek Nation, Indian Territory, Oklahoma3596, d. October 05, 19513596.
- +Lyman Mackley Moore, b. November 18, 1899, Fame, Creek Nation, Indian Territory, Oklahoma3596, d. date unknown.
- Lillie Bell Moore, b. June 18, 1901, Fame, Creek Indian Nation, Indian Territory ( Oklahoma)3596, d. December 1901, Fame, Creek Indian Nation, Indian Territory ( Oklahoma)3596.
- +Maggie Moore.
- +Luddie Moore.
- +Thomas Ellis Jr Moore, b. February 07, 1913, Fame, Oklahoma3596, d. February 27, 1996, Kern, County, California3596.