My Genealogy Home Page:Information about John Henry Lentz
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Henry Lentz (b. February 07, 1753, d. July 18, 1835)John Henry Lentz (son of Peter Lentz and Chloe) was born February 07, 1753 in Union Dist. S.C., and died July 18, 1835 in Lintzville, Ala.He married Sevilly.
Notes for John Henry Lentz:
Henry, bought 300 acres of land on Royal's Creek, Rowan Co. N. C. On May 11, 1791 Henry Lentz and Wefe Sevilla, Peter and wife Chloe Lentz, Samuel and wife Rose, sold their seprate farms and mover to Buncombe Co. N. C. From Buncombe Co. N. C., Henry moved to Lincon Co. N. C. Later,Henry moved to Blount Co. Tn. with a wagon train. Next He Moved his family to Madison Co. Al. (1814), then to Miss. Territory. Moved later to Limestone Co. where he established a Village and named it "Lentzville" because of so many Lentz's there. They also started a cemetery .
Service: Pvt. and Sgt. N. C. Militia, 4th Rregt, Enlisted at age 23 in Oct. 1775. Served in four campaigns. Served under Capt. John Lippard and Col. Thomas Polk. The first expesition was against ath Cherokee Indians. Served many tours.Discharged June 6, 1781.
PARENTS: Peter and Chloe; Resided in Mecklenburg So. N. C. during firts three campaigns. During fourth campaign in Mongomery Co. N.C.
John Henry Lentz is buried in Lentzville Cemetery near south boundry line in section 27, Township 2, renge 6 west. Grave marker bStephens chap, DAR, Decatur, Al.
Children of John Henry Lentz and Sevilly are:
- +Hannah Joan Lentz, b. 1785, Union S.C., d. 1838.
- David Lentz, b. Abt. 1791, d. date unknown.
- John Lentz, b. Abt. 1790, d. date unknown.
- Henry Jr. Lentz, b. Abt. 1795, d. date unknown.
- Jacob Lentz, b. Abt. 1797, d. date unknown.
- Elizabeth Lentz, b. Abt. 1799, d. date unknown.
- +Solomon M. Lentz, b. 1802, N.C., d. May 02, 1888, Limestone Co. Al..
- +Samuel Lentz, b. February 10, 1795, d. March 19, 1849, Limestone Co. Al..
- Benjamin Lentz, d. date unknown.