Rattlesnake Gulch:Information about Anna Maria Warner
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Anna Maria Warner (d. date unknown)Anna Maria Warner died date unknown.She married Johannes Schweitzer on Abt. 1770 in Philadelphia, PA.
More About Anna Maria Warner and Johannes Schweitzer:
Marriage: Abt. 1770, Philadelphia, PA.
Marriage Notes for Anna Maria Warner and Johannes Schweitzer:
Obtained In 1953 from Mr. C. Herschel Swisher, Sr. of Minneapolis, MN. from the Swisher family history written by Mr. Herman R. Swisher.this report was sent to this researcher by Jerry Swisher, Fairfield VA, 2001.
Submitted by Judy Taylor Martin, direct descendent from Daniel Taylor Swisher, grandson of John Swisher.
Johannes Schweitzer immigrated to America abt. 1750 through Philadelphia with several brothers.He was a merchant and fur trader.Abt 1770, he married Anna Maria Warner in the Philadelphia area.In 1780 they owned a small farm in Washington County, Maryland.In 1788 they purchased land near McGaheyville in Rockingham County, Virginia.There he changed his name to John Swisher.In 1793 they moved up the valley to Augusta County and purchased 840 acres.John died and was buried on Spring Hill Farm in 1802.In 1812 his property was sold and divided amoung his children.One son,
Jacob Swisher (father of Daniel Taylor and Henry) used his inheritance to purchase land in Rockbridge County in 1812.
Children of Anna Maria Warner and Johannes Schweitzer are:
- +John Jr Swisher, d. date unknown.
- +Jacob Solomen Swisher, b. 13 Mar 1752, Berks County, PA476, d. 10 Mar 1833, Berkely County West Virginia.
- +Henry Swisher, d. date unknown.
- +Samuel Swisher, b. 25 Oct 1791, Rockingham VA476, d. 25 May 1846, Augusta VA476.
- Daniel Swisher, d. 14 Jun 1861, Augusta County VA476.
- George Swisher, d. Sep 1802, VA476.
- Nancy Swisher, b. Abt. 1773, d. date unknown.
- Elizabeth "Betsy" Swisher, d. date unknown.
- Mary Swisher, d. date unknown.
- David Swisher, d. date unknown.