The Tucker's of Delaware, Pennsylvania Ohio, Illinois, & on :Information about John Tucker
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Tucker (b. 1760, d. 05 Feb 1842)John Tucker (son of Abraham Tucker and ? Miss Bowles) was born 1760 in Delaware, and died 05 Feb 1842 in Scioto County Ohio.He married Sarah Mitchell in Scioto County Ohio, daughter of David Mitchell and Sarah Elizabeth Reid.
Notes for John Tucker:
John had probable children, Margaret, Mary, Sally(Sarah), David, Nathaniel, Ann, Abraham, Elijah, Keziah, Joseph as well as James
There also is no proof that all the children listed are all John and Sarah's, some were added from diffrent sources.
As Per: Ella Gartrellfrom Tucker family genealogy forum # 7681 January 03, 2002
Re: John Tucker in Nile twp. Scioto Co., Ohio Posted by: Ella GartrellDate: January 03, 2002 at 09:27:40 In Reply to: John Tucker in Nile twp. Scioto Co., Ohioby Gregg Schlitzof 10164
Gregg, I have a letter from Sabra Tucker White dated 1988. She writes-
John TUCKER b 1760-1770 in Delaware died 5 Feb 1842, s/o Abraham TUCKER. John md Sarah MITCHELL d/o David MITCHELL & Elizabeth REID. John is on the 1790 census in Fayette Co. Pa., unmarried. He must of married soon afterward, as he had two or three of his older children by the time the family along with Solomon McCall and family, and David Mitchell and wife (the father-in-law of John Tucker) went down the Ohio in a boat from just South of Fort Pitt towhat was then Adams Co., Ohio in 1796. John & Sarah had a large family. His son David md Martha McCall d/o the above Solomon McCall, & they were the parents of Abraham Jasper Tucker(the great-grandfather of Sabra TUCKER). John also had a son Abraham b 1804 md May Eliza DODDS 7 June 1832, & Elijah TUCKER b 1807 md Nancy PITTS 29 Oct 1835. Other probable ch;
1.Margaret md Wm. BYERS Jr. 4 July 1811.
2.Sally (Polly) b 12 Jan 1792 Pa. d 12 Jan 1882, md William THOROMAN 19 Dec 1815 (note-she is on a pedigree chart of John Tucker b 1798 that md Sarah L. DOWNING in Bracken Co. Ky. but not a dau, maybe a sister or cousin. This John was thought to be s/o John TUCKER b ca 1760, Rev. War in Maryland, that md (2) in Ky. to Sarah MITCHELL).
3. James md Louise Venort 13 Nov 1828.
4. Joseph md Jullia Ann Darlington 29 Mar 1838.
5. Keziah b 1807 md James Pitts 21 June 1832(James b Lewis Co.Ky).
6. Anna b 1800 md John B. Dodds 29 May 1823.
7. Nathaniel b 1810.
The above marriages are llisted in the Courthouse at Portsmouth, O. and believed children of John Tucker & Sarah Mitchell. John Tucker Justice of the Peace of Buena Vista, Ohio, and appointed first JJ of Nile Twp. by Gov. Tiffen.
I have a Elijah Joseph TUCKER born in Ohio ca 1801 that lived in Fayetteville, Brown Co. Ohio, next to Adams Co.
John Tucker enlisted as pvt. Feb. 13 1776 at his fathers house in Emily County Va. served 2 years. Discharged Valley Forge Ref. Va. S.40598 Rept. by state DAR. Appl. pention Drake Co. Dec. 12 1819 Farmer. It also states thatJohn and Sarah had a son by the name of Randolph
More About John Tucker:
Record Change: 25 Apr 2005
More About John Tucker and Sarah Mitchell:
Marriage: Scioto County Ohio.
Record Change: 18 Mar 2005
Children of John Tucker and Sarah Mitchell are:
- +James Tucker, b. Aug 1805, Scioto County Ohio, d. 1872, Illinois.
- +Keziah Tucker, b., Unk, d. 1907.
- +Sally ( Sarah ? ) Tucker, b. 12 Jan 1792, PA., d. 12 Jan 1882, Adams Co., OH..
- Margaret Tucker, b. 1794, Pennsylvania, d. 1853, Scioto County Ohio.
- Joseph Tucker, b. 1794, Pennsylvania, d. 1853, Scioto County Ohio.
- +Mary Tucker, b. 1795, Pennsylvania, d. 02 Jun 1871, Nile Township Scioto County Ohio.
- Ann Tucker, b. 02 Jun 1797, Pennsylvania, d. 10 Jul 1851, Scioto County Ohio.
- +David Tucker, b. 1798, Pennsylvania, d. 25 Sep 1833, Pennsylvania.
- +Abraham Tucker, b. 1804, Buena Vista Ohio, d. 29 Apr 1886, Nile Township Scioto County Ohio.
- +Elijah Tucker, b. 1807, Scioto County Ohio, d. 1851, lewis County Kentucky.
- Nathaniel Tucker, b. 1810, Scioto County Ohio, d. 1866, Scioto County Ohio.