- Charles Otis Carter (26 KB)
Charles Otis Carter
- Jennifer & Stephanie Tuinstra (49 KB)
Jennifer's High School Graduation
- Mildred Stimson (23 KB)
Helen 2nd from left and Mildred far right
- Clark & Emma Stimson Gravestone (65 KB)
Clark F. 1867-1946 & Emma B. 1867-1953 taken by Kay Finch in Alexandria, Ohio
- Lois & Fred Elwood (29 KB)
- Marjorie, Bruce, Lois and Kay Carter (49 KB)
Marj, Bruce, Lois and Kay Carter.
- Lee, Alice & Fred Elwood Gravestones (68 KB)
- Cyril & Mildred Finch Gravestone (53 KB)
Picture taken July 1, 1976, Elma, Iowa.Cyril W. Finch 1901 - , Mildred Ione 1903 - 1959
- Lowell Carter (29 KB)
Graduation from U of IL College of Dentistry
- Carter Home, Elma, Iowa (88 KB)
Carter Home, Elma, Iowa
- Jaegers (62 KB)
Bill Jaeger, Ted Henry, Lois Anderson, Heather Frost, Barb Tuinstra, Mike Tuinstra, Alice Jaeger, and Kathryn Henry
- Frank & Katherine Elwood Gravestone (15 KB)
Picture taken 7-1-76, Elma, Iowa.Katherine Elwood 1862-1931 & Frank D. Elwood 1860-1942.
- Mildred Stimpson (19 KB)
- Elledge, Lowell and Merlin Carter (77 KB)
Elledge, Lowell and Merlin Carter.
- Kinney House, Des Moines, Iowa (May 2001) (23 KB)
Kinney House, Des Moines, Iowa (May 2001)
- Lowell & Mildred Carter Gravestone (39 KB)
Picture taken July 1, 1976, Elma, Iowa.Lowell J. Carter May 6, 1952 and Mildred S. Carter December 27, 1953.
- Eva Jameson Carter (24 KB)
Eva Jameson Carter
- CN and Golda Kinney Wedding Anniversary (89 KB)
Kinney Wedding Anniversary 7-15 (1896-1953)
- Charles and Golda Kinney Gravestone (16 KB)
Charles and Golda Kinney gravestone - Charles Noyes b. Apr. 21, 1868; d. Jun. 2, 1962 andGolda J. b. July 6, 1873; d. Sep. 13, 1958 - Block 30B, Glendale Cemetery, 4909 University Ave., Des Moines, Iowa 50311; Phone (515) 271-8722; Fax (515) 271-8720
- Phineas & Eliza Searles Gravestone (53 KB)
Picture taken 6/27/1976 in Lime Springs, IA - Reads "Phineas T. Searles, 4-22-1829 - 7-19-1891; Eliza M. Searles, 6-9-1830 - 12-31-1891"
- Alice Church Elwood and Fred Elwood (20 KB)
Alice Church Elwood and Fred Elwood
- Mildred and Lowell Carter (79 KB)
Mildred and Lowell Carter
- Robert and Rosa Ingels Gravestone (16 KB)
Robert Bruce Jameson b. Mar. 20, 1841; d. Nov. 16, 1900 & Rosa Melinda Ingels b. Apr. 30, 1849;d. Feb 20, 1908 - Woodland Cemetery, Martin Luther King Parkway, Des Moines, Iowa - Block 17 (#176) at the corner intersection of blocks 12, 17 and 14. There are two small stones I assume also go with this one that just say father & mother. NOTICE the gravestone says "Ingles". (5/2001)
- Jerome Church Gravestone (34 KB)
Photo taken 6/27/1976 - "Jerome B. Church - February 14, 1869, aged 42 yrs & 9 mos."
- Emma Belle Drake Stimson (24 KB)
Emma Belle Drake Stimson
- Eva Lena Jameson Carter Gravestone (15 KB)
Eva Lena Jameson Carter b. Nov. 20, 1870; d. June 13, 1936 - Block 30B, Glendale Cemetery, 4909 University Ave., Des Moines, Iowa 50311phone (515) 271-8722; fax (515) 271-8720. (5/2001)
- Bruce Carter (24 KB)
- Jo & Bill Landholt Wedding (43 KB)
Alice Lee Elwood, Lois Carter, Lee W. Elwood, Jo Elwood, Bill Landholt, Fred Elwood, Dale Elwood, Henry Elwood and Bruce Carter
- Stimson home, Alexandria, Ohio 9-1999 (149 KB)
Stimson home, Alexandria, Ohio - taken by Harley Rudolph in September 1999.
- Kay Carter (26 KB)
Iowa State University Bomb Beauty candidate
- Clark Stimson (15 KB)
- Stimson Gravestone, Alexandria, Ohio9-1999 (111 KB)
Stimson Gravestone taken by Harley Rudolph in Alexandria, Ohio - September, 1999
- Marj & Mac McCormack (34 KB)
Marj & Robert McCormack
- Williams Gravestones, Alexandria, Ohio9-1999 (95 KB)
Williams Family Marker with headstones of Herbert, Gwen and mother Harriet clearly visible, Alexandria, Ohio - picture taken by Harley Rudolph in September 1999.
- Letter from Ellen Drake MacMillan (4 KB)
This letter was written by Ellen Drake MacMillan, youngest daughter of Robert Drake on “Vote Republican” stationery.
- Letter from Emory English about Carter Family-1960 (18 KB)
1960 (19 Aug) letter from Emory Hampton ENGLISH (age 89) in Des Moines, IA, to Barbara Helene Lois Elaine (Lois) CARTER (age 37) in ??? aboutfamily of his wife Marie Belle (Belle) CARTER [1873-1954].
- Cemeteries Searched (29 KB)
A list of cemeteries I have searched for family names - I have also added pictures of some of these above.
- Kinney House Fire (15 KB)
Letter written 23 March 1914 by 19-year-old Lowell Jameson CARTER to his parents, describing the fire at the Kinney house.
- Letter to Kay Finch from Col. Merlin Carter - 1961 (19 KB)
1961 (12 Feb) letter from Col. Merlin Ingels CARTER (age 57) in Eugene, OR, to Kathryn Dearwin (Kay, aka Jacky, at least to him) CARTER (age 35)in Worthington, OH, about family history -- Boone, Gaar, Ingels, and Nelson families, etc.
- Lee W. Elwood (7 KB)
A letter written to the Family of Lee W. Elwood (after his death) from the House of Representatives.
- Lowell Carter's letter to his mother 1-29-19 (12 KB)
Letter written by Lowell Carter to his mother after the loss of his first child 1-29-19.
- Letter from Elledge Carter to Lowell 2-25-1917 (10 KB)
Letter from Elledge Carter to his brother Lowell Carter in Chicago.
- Letter from Ruth Leuty Hirt to Emory English-1962 (8 KB)
1962 (25 Sep) letter from Ruth LEUTY Hirt (age 61) in St. Cloud, MN, to Emory Hampton ENGLISH (age 91) in ??? about death in Canada of herbrother Robert Garland LEUTY (age 60).NOTE: Who is "little Gretchen" mentioned in this letter?
- Ellen Church (6 KB)
On May 15, 1930, a slim, pretty woman from Cresco made history. As 26-year-old Ellen Church welcomed eleven passengers aboard a Boeing Air Transport (later United Airlines) 80 A and punched each ticket, she became the world's first flight attendant.
- Kinney Family History (19 KB)
Kinney family history from the History of Des Moines and Polk County - sent by Jennifer Irsfeld James, current owner of the Kinney house in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Letter from Lowell Carter to Merlin Carter 2-9-14? (11 KB)
Letter from Lowell Carter to brother Merlin in honor of Merlin's birthday 2-9 - 1914???
- Letter from LaVergne Clark to Lois Elwood 1972 (6 KB)
1972 (12 Dec) letter from Vesper LaVergne KINNEY Clark (age 75) in Des Moines, IA, to Barbara Helene Lois Elaine (Lois) CARTER (age 49) in ???,about Rosalie Evalyn CLARK Davis (age 44), Corliss Robert KINNEY (age 72), etc.NOTE:Rosalie CLARK was an only child; where is she now (at age 73)?What are date and place of LaVergne's death?
- Letter to Kay Finch from Merlin Carter - No date (8 KB)
Discusses the Boone, Elledge, Ingels, Murphy, Gar, Nelson, Lowell Surnames. This letter is repetitive of the one dated 1961 but does contain a little new information.
- Letter from Mildred Carter to Eva Carter - no date (10 KB)
Letter written by Mildred Carter to mother-in-law Eva, Merlin and Elledge Carter.
- Bred In Old Kentucky (35 KB)
A thrilling account of the Indian Massacre near Knight's Bridge on the Elkhorn, as told to Bill Meyers, by Leonard Hughes, major, retired, United States Army. "My Grandma Jameson (Sarah Murphy) told this story to her children many times. Uncle George's grandson in Baltimore Maryland, came across it in the Western Story Magazine and sent it to Uncle George who gave it to me on his 78th birthday to add to my records for my grandchildren. It is our family - true story. My mothers ancestors follow back to same locality through Daniel Boone." Eva Jameson Carter
- Notes on the Drake Family. (15 KB)
Notes were handwritten by Ellen, daughter of Robert Drake.
- Cooke Family (4 KB)
Short story about an Indian attack sent to me by Ted Lollis.
- Letter from Lowell Carter to his family 8-16-13 (6 KB)
Letter Lowell Carter wrote to his family from New York City 8-16-1913.
- Letter from Lowell Carter to his mother 11-24-18 (10 KB)
Letter from Lowell to his mother telling about his early days in the Navy 11-14-1918.
- Letter to Lowell Carter from Alex Grier - 1939 (5 KB)
I suppose you are the son of a Mr. Carter we used to know who resided at the old farm between Berlin and Ocean City and now owned by Mr. Glen Riddle, who, of course, is associated with Man-of-War.Your father, I believe, was Campaign Manager for the Bull Moose regime for my father when he ran for congress.
- Notes on Drake Familyby Emma Belle Drake Stimson (10 KB)
Notes written about Drake Family by Emma Belle Drake Stimson.
- Mildred Stimson Job Recommendation Job 1-3-14 (7 KB)
Letter of recommendation from C. Snyder, CPA, for Mildred Stimson as bookkeeper 1-3-1914
- Letter from Kay (Carter) Finch - 1980 (13 KB)
Letter from Kay (Carter) Finch to Barb (Elwood) Tuinstra regarding the cemetery in Alexandria, Ohio.
- Letter written to me from Helen Stimson Rudolph. (7 KB)
Copy of a handwritten letter to me from Helen Lillian Stimson Rudolph about Drake family history - No date
- Letter from Vera Carter to Lowell & family 12-1943 (13 KB)
Christmas letter from Vera Carter to Lowell and family. 12-24-1943
- Letter from Eva Cowman to Mc Cormack Family (11 KB)
Information regarding Enos Carter and Dr. William Henry Carter. No date.
- Letter to Lowell Jameson Carter from ??? Leuty (5 KB)
1936 (16 Jun) letter from ??? LEUTY (unidentified first cousin of Robert Garland LEUTY) in Knoxville, IA, to Lowell Jameson CARTER (age 41) in Elma, IA, about death of his mother Eva JAMESON Carter [1870-1936] and family history.
- Letter from Lowell Carter to his brothers 9-20-13 (18 KB)
Letter from Lowell Carter, while attending Drake University, to his brothers Elledge and Merlin Carter 9-20-1913.
- Des Moines, Iowa Cemeteries (12 KB)
Gravestone text and locations, Glendale & Woodland Cemeteries in Des Moines, Iowa on 5/28/01.
- Murphy and Cooke Families (23 KB)
1906 (19 Oct) notes sent by Mrs. Katherine (Lucas) Fenton [1859-1930] in Portland, OR, to Maggie Sales (unidentified) in Galesburg, IL, as copied by ???, about Murphy and Cooke family history.NOTE:The notes appear to be drawn from multiple sources, including Ira F. M. BUTLER [dates?], son of Rachel MURPHY [born 1788], in Oregon.
- Letter from Elledge Carter to Lowell 1-2-1944 (9 KB)
Letter from Elledge Carter to Lowell and family 1-2-1944.
- Eva Carter's response to Lowell's letter 1-29-19 (8 KB)
Eva Lena Jameson Carter's response to Lowell's letter telling of the loss of their baby 1-29-1919.
- Kinney House, Des Moines, Iowa (12 KB)
Articles on historic Kinney house in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Ingels Family of LaFayette, IL circa 1883-1935 (45 KB)
Eight reminiscences about the Ingels family of LaFayette, Illinois, circa 1883-1935, by Golda Pauline INGELS Osterberg [1891-1986] -- apparently written about 1970 (when Golda was 79)
- Letter from Charles Otis Carter to his son 3-4-42 (7 KB)
Letter from Charles Otis Carter to Lowell and family, dated 3-4-42.