My Genealogy Home Page:Information about William Walker
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
William Walker (b. Abt. 1694, d. Apr 1752)William Walker (son of William Walker and Elizabeth Warren) was born Abt. 1694, and died Apr 1752 in Cumberland Co., Va..He married Judith Baker.
Notes for William Walker:
William Walker is the fartherest back that our family has been traced at this time.William was born in 1694, probably in Cumberland co., Va.
He married a Judith (Baker ???), although the last name for Judith is not certain.
William and Judith were apparently fairly well off, due to the land they held and their position in the community.Both died in Cumberland Co.; William in 1752 and Judith in 1767.Both left wills that can be seen on the internet in the Cumberland Co. archives.
William & Judith had 10 children.
It is very probable that William and Judith had some of their other children (other than James) engaged in the Revolutionary War, and some of their other grandchildren (other than Henry & David) also engaged in the war,due to the fact that the Revolutionary War encompassed not only soldiers, but 'militiamen' and even the wives and children of the Colonists.
Children of William Walker and Judith Baker are:
- +James Walker, b. Abt. 1726, Prince Edward Co., Va., d. Abt. 1803, Buckingham Co., Va..
- +Warren Walker, b. Abt. 1728, Cumberland Co., Va., d. 1785, Cumberland Co., Va..
- +William Walker, Jr., b. 1730, d. 1797, Prince Edward Co., Va..
- Joel Walker, b. Abt. 1734, d. 1794, Bedford Co., Va..
- Peter Walker, b. 01 Jan 1734/35, d. 15 Feb 1771, Georgia.
- +Robert Walker, b. 1737, d. Abt. 1766.
- +Benjamin Walker, b. Abt. 1740, d. Jan 1782, Cumberland Co., Va..
- +Elizabeth Lucy Walker, b. 15 Dec 1742, Goochland Co., Va., d. 15 Oct 1825, Prince Edward Co.,Va..
- +Judith Walker, b. Abt. 1745, d. 14 Nov 1828, Prince Edward Co., Va..
- Henry Walker, b. Abt. 1747, d. date unknown, Cumberland Co., Va..