The Watts's Of West Virginia and their families:Information about Thomas Watts
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Thomas Watts (b. Abt. 1695, d. March 1748/49)Thomas Watts was born Abt. 1695 in Spotsylvania County, Virginia, and died March 1748/49 in St. Thomas Parish, Culpeper, Virginia, US37.He married Esther Stone on March 1748/49.
Notes for Thomas Watts:
Thomas lived in that part of Orange County which was divided in 1749
into Culpeper County.In his will dated 1746 Thomas distributed 1283
acres including his 100 acre home plantation in St. Thomas' Parish,
Orange County, Virginia.
His wife's name was Esther (Wilkins or
Stone) (WWW), and she outlived Thomas by several years. They lived
in St. Thomas's Parish, Culpeper Co., Virginia. Thomas had vast
real estate holdings in Virginia prior to the Revolutionary War.
At his death, according to his will, his estate was divided between
his several children, as follows:
1) Edward Watts, son, a plantation of 200 acres.
2) Ann Watts, daughter.
3) John Watts, son, a plantation of 200 acres.
4) Elizabeth Watts, daughter.
5) Benjamin Watts, son, a plantation of 200 acres.
6) Thomas Watts, Jr, son, a plantation of 183 acres.
7) Sarah Watts, daughter, a tract of land of 150 acres.
8) Jacob Watts, son, a plantation of 150 acres.
9) Esther Watts, daughter, a tract of land of 100 acres.
10) Mary Watts, daughter.
11) William Watts, son, a plantation of 100 acres after the death
or remarriage of Thomas Watts' wife, Esther.
12) Frankey Watts, daughter.
** Thomas Watts willed the use of his "still" to his wife Esther
(during her widowhood) and to all of his children in general with
the benefits to be divided equally.
-IA- Thomas Watts, Jr. (cir-1735-??) of Fauquier Co. VA. married Hanna.
Rust Bogges on Sep. 26, 1768 (Marriage Book I, Pg. 29, Fauquier
Co., VA.). They had several children as follows:
1) John G. Watts married Sarah Creel on April. 12, 1815.
2) Sarah Watts married W. Spicer in 1796
3) Edy Watts married Cockrell in 1801.
4) Sukey (Suckey) Watts married in 1802
More About Thomas Watts and Esther Stone:
Marriage: March 1748/49
Children of Thomas Watts and Esther Stone are:
- Frankey Watts, d. date unknown.
- Esther Watts, b. Abt. 1713, Virginia, US, d. Abt. 1796.
- Edward Watts, b. Abt. 1715, Virginia, US, d. Abt. 1790.
- Elizabeth Watts, b. Abt. 1718, Virginia, US, d. Abt. 1796.
- Benjamin Watts, b. Abt. 1720, Virginia, US, d. Abt. 1790.
- +John G Watts, Sr, b. Abt. 1722, Orange, Virginia, US, d. March 20, 1796, Madison, Kentucky, US.
- Ann Watts, b. Abt. 1728, Virginia, US, d. WFT Est. 1729-1822.
- +Sarah Watts, b. Abt. 1729, Virginia, US, d. November 30, 1803.
- +Jacob Watts, b. July 09, 1730, Orange, Virginia, US, d. April 14, 1821, Orange, Virginia, US.
- Mary Watts, b. Abt. 1732, Virginia, US, d. WFT Est. 1733-1826.
- Franky Watts, b. Abt. 1735, Virginia, US, d. WFT Est. 1736-1825.
- +Thomas Watts, Jr, b. Abt. 1735, d. date unknown.
- +William Watts, b. Abt. 1740, Culpeper, Virginia, US, d. June 23, 1808, Madison, Virginia, US.