My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Hugh Montgomery
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Hugh Montgomery (b. 1657, d. date unknown)Hugh Montgomery was born 1657 in Ulster, Dongal Co. Ireland, and died date unknown.He married (1) Jane Hamilton.He married (2) Jane Edgar.He married (3) Jane Patrick.
Notes for Hugh Montgomery:
Hugh Montgomery was a Captain in the English/British Calvary, stationedin North Ireland in the late 1680's-1700's.Later, he was promoted toMajor.In the book "Ireland in the Empire" 1688-1770, is an article thatsays that "Duke of Ormond , Lord Lt. over No. Ireland, for the Crown,immediately after the Parliament for 1703-1704 ended it's Session, leftfor London, but appointed for his absence, as Lords Justices Sir RichardCox, Major General Thomas Earle and Hugh Montgomery, E arl of MountAlexander.So in 1703, he was made an Earl and given the title of Earlof Mount Alexander.
More About Hugh Montgomery:
Appointed: 1703, Lord Justice for the Crown over No. Ireland by order of the Duke of Ormond..
Titled: Earl of Mount Alexander.
Children of Hugh Montgomery and Jane Hamilton are:
- +Catherine Montgomery, b. 1684, County Donegal, Ireland, d. 1760, Long Canes Creek, South Carolina.
- James Montgomery, b. 1690, Donegal, Ireland, d. 1756, Fort Jackson, VA.
- Thomas Montgomery, b. Abt. 1700, d. date unknown.
- Jane Montgomery, b. Abt. 1700, d. date unknown.
- Mary Montgomery, b. Abt. 1700, Ulster, Donegal, Scotland, d. date unknown.