My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Benjamin Sanderson
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Benjamin Sanderson (b. 15 May 1817, d. 15 Apr 1902)Benjamin Sanderson was born 15 May 1817 in Ohio, and died 15 Apr 1902 in Holton, Jackson Co., Ks..He married (1) Lucinda Bright on 26 Oct 1841, daughter of George Bright and Frances Bowman.He married (2) Lucinda Fickle Richard on 26 Oct 1862 in Hocking County Ohio.
Notes for Benjamin Sanderson:
Marriage with Lucinda Richard Ohio Marriages 1803-1900.I think Lucinda was married to Basel Richard also and they were married 13 Feb 1853.Her maiden name was either Fickle or Hickle.
US Federal Census 1850, Falls Twp., Hocking, Ohio - Benjamin Sanderson age 33, Lucinda age 31,George age 8, John age 6, William age 4.
US Federal Census 1860, Marion, Hocking Co., Ohio- Barren (Benjamin) Sanderson age 43, Lucinda age 40, George Sanderson age 17, John age 15, William age 13, Simon age 11, Frances age 9, Nancy age 7, Noah age 5, Amanda age 2.
US Federal Census 1870, Franklin Twp, Jackson Co., Kansas - Benjamin age 53, Lucinda age 38, William age 24, Mary age 17, Leorna (Richards) age 16, Noah age 16, Clara A age 15, Amanda age 12, Margared age 10, Elatha (Florence Richards) age 12, Henry age 7 and Alice age 3.This indicates the three children born to Lucinda Richards prior to 1862 wedding.Benjamin may have adopted these childrens as father died when they were very young.
US Federal Census 1880 Grant Twp., Jackson Co., Ks - B Sanderson age 63, Lucinda age 46, William age 35, Henry age 17, Alice age 13, Minnie age 9, Maude age 6, Jane Fickle age74.This is Lucinda's Mother.Note Minnie and Maude were born in Kansas all others were born in Ohio.
Info from Judy Krieger:After Lucinda Bright died, Bnjamin married Lucinda Fickle Richards.She was the daughter of Jane Fickle.Benjamin and Lucinda Fickle had five childred, Lucinda had been previously married to Basel Richards.he died in the spring of 1859, leaving her with three daugters.From the three familes Benjamin had 17 children.His family went with him to Kansas and settled in Jackson County, some miles west of Holton.Here he joinded the Methodist Church and remained a faithful member until his death.At death he was 84 Y 11 m old.
Other References - Higgens Tree, Gary Bright Family Tree and old family records and memories.
More About Benjamin Sanderson and Lucinda Bright:
Marriage: 26 Oct 1841
More About Benjamin Sanderson and Lucinda Fickle Richard:
Marriage: 26 Oct 1862, Hocking County Ohio.
Children of Benjamin Sanderson and Lucinda Bright are:
- Frances Sanderson, b. 1850, d. date unknown.
- George E Sanderson, b. 1842, d. date unknown.
- John Sanderson, b. 1844, d. date unknown.
- Simeon Sanderson, b. 1848, d. date unknown.
- William Sanderson, b. 1846, d. date unknown.
- Mary Nancy Sanderson, b. 16 Nov 1852, Logan, Hocking, Ohio, d. 06 Jan 1929, Mayetta Cedar Jackson Co. Ks.
- +Noah Sanderson, b. 25 Jan 1855, Logan, Hocking, Ohio, d. date unknown, Mayetta Cedar Jackson Co. Ks.
- Amanda Sanderson, b. 1858, d. date unknown.
- Margaret Sanderson, b. 04 Jul 1861, d. date unknown.
Children of Benjamin Sanderson and Lucinda Fickle Richard are:
- Henry Sanderson, b. 1863, Falls Twp, Hocking County, Oh., d. date unknown.
- James Sanderson, b. 06 Jun 1865, Falls Twp, Hocking County, Oh., d. 02 Apr 1866, Hocking County, Ohio.
- Alice Sanderson, b. 1867, Falls Twp, Hocking County, Oh., d. date unknown.
- Minnie Sanderson, b. 1871, Jackson Co.,Grant Twp, Ks, d. date unknown.
- Maude Sanderson, b. 1874, Jackson Co., Grant Twp, Ks, d. date unknown.