|I am researching the following eight Family names. Please contact me with information relating to these families.|
(1) WELCH: Jackson Marion "Dack" Welch, b: May 5, 1852 Macon County, NC, d: May 7, 1926 Swain County, NC, m: Mary Susan Jenkins, (see next entry).
(2) JENKINS: Mary Susan Jenkins (Welch), b: Feb 21, 1856 Macon County, NC, d: May 12, 1938 Swain County, NC m: Jackson Marion Welch, both buried in The Tabor Cemetery, Swain County, NC.
(3) DAVIS: Andrew Jackson Davis, 1850-1928, Hanging Dog, Cherokee County, NC, a descendant of the DAVID/DAVIS Line: Morgan David, b:1622 Wales, d: 1694 Merion Township, Montgomery Co., PA, USA; John I. David/Davis; Capt Rezin Davis; Brevet Major Harmon Davis Sr; John & Mary Davis, SC; and Reason & Savilla Davis, parents of Andrew Jackson Davis. m: Eliza Eulalia Deweese.
(4) DEWEESE: Eliza Eulalia Deweese (Davis), b:1853, d: 1933 Hanging Dog, Cherokee County, NC, daughter of Edmund Alexander and Caroline Lovingood Deweese, Cherokee County, NC. m: Andrew Jackson Davis.
(5) HINDALE, HINDAL, and HINDAHL, Of Norwegian birth. Settled in Chicago, IL, Michigan, and Rhode Island in the late 1800's.
(6) BACKE (or BACKER) of Norwegian birth. Settled in Chicago, IL ca 1895. Freda Backer married Andrew David Hindahl (sometimes Hindal or Hindale).
(7) JOHNSON: Sven August Johnson immigrated to America 1861 and settled in Chicago, IL and Berrien County, MI.
(8) SWEDMAN: John Swedman of Sweden, immagrated to America and came to Benton Harbor, MI. Settled in Chicago, IL.
- The William Welch Genealogy (683 KB)
This genealogy tree is of William Welch 1680 of Lancaster County, PA. It is designed to lead to Jackson Marion "Dack" Welch (1852 - 1926) Swain County, NC, and finally to William Joseph Welch (1883 - 1959) and his descendants.
- The Morgan David (Davis) Genealogy of 1622, Wales. (666 KB)
My Davis Genealogy begins with Morgan David, 1622 Wales. His son, John I David, ca 1680 Wales, changed his surname to DAVIS. This Genealogy is designed to lead to the Families of Reason DAVIS, 1805 Newberry, SC to 1876 Cherokee County, NC. Reason Davis and his wife, Servilla (or Savilla) had 16 children. The 11th born was my grandfather, Andrew Jackson Davis, 1850 - 1928 NC.
- Andrew Jackson and Eliza Eulalia Deweese Davis (120 KB)
Andrew "Jack" and Eliza DAVIS beneath the willow tree at their home in Hanging Dog, Cherokee County, NC. Photo taken ca 1925.
- Children of Andrew Jackson & Eliza E. Davis (174 KB)
The Ten Davis Children.Standing from Left: Blanche Louella Davis Welch, Hannah Ethel Davis Duge, Lura Vista Davis Palmer, Walter Garfield Davis, Eula Caroline Davis Abernathy, James Baxter Davis.Seated: John Truman Davis, Drury Sylvester Davis, Emma Jane Davis Fair, and Lower Left, Osia Belle Davis Martens.The photo was taken at their mother's funeral about November 25, 1933.
- The Andrew Jackson Davis Home, Built in 1910 (86 KB)
The Davis Home: Osia Belle Martens and Mary Jane Martens (Parks) on the Porch. Photo Taken ca 1930.
- Four Sons of Andrew Jackson & Eliza Eulalia Davis (180 KB)
The Four Davis Brothers, Sons of Andrew Jackson and Eliza Eulalia Davis.From Left: Drury Sylvester, John Truman, James Baxter, and Walter Garfield
- Four Davis Daughters of Andrew and Eliza DAVIS (306 KB)
Four Davis Daughters.Standing L to R: Osia Belle Davis (Martens), Blanche Louella Davis (WelchSeated L to R: Emma Jane Davis (Fair), Lura Vista Alice Davis (Palmer)
- Five Davis Daughters, a Son, and a Cousin. (191 KB)
Seated from left: Leoah Christopher, a cousin, Baxter Davis, Lura Alice Vista Davis (Palmer).Standing: Osia Belle Davis (Martens), Hannah Ethel Davis (Duge), Blanche Louella Davis (Welch), and Eula Davis (Abernathy).Photograph taken about 1900.Furnished by Marjorie Ann Welch Hill.
- Jackson Marion "Dack" and Mary Susen Jenkins WELCH (481 KB)
"Dack" and Mary WELCH were maried July 11, 1872. They were both born in Macon County, NC and died in their home at Brush Creek, Swain County, NC. They were buried at the Tabor Cemetery in Swain County.