My Genealogy Home Page:Information about William Lea IV
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
William Lea IV (b. 1682, d. 10 Mar 1784)William Lea IV (son of William Lea III and Mary Green) was born 1682 in New Kent Co, VA, and died 10 Mar 1784 in King & Queen Co, VA or Caswell Co, NC.He married Frances Major on Abt. 1705 in King and Queen Co, VA, daughter of George Major II and Anne Campbell.
Notes for William Lea IV:
THE Lea's who founded Leasburg, NC
William Lea, the son of Col. William Lea and his wife, Mary, was born in 1682 in New Kent Co., Va. He married Francis Major of King and Queen Co., va. They were the parents of James, William, Frances, and John Lea plus daughters born in 1708, 1712, 1714, 1717, and 1722. Three of the brothers moved to Orange Co., NC which later became a part of the newly formed Caswell Co., NC. They moved there about the same time as their sister Sarah and her husband, William Sargent. They lived within miles of one another.
William signed a Petition of Loyalty to his Majesty on March 12, 1701/2, and on October 6, 1703, he was granted 100 acres in King and Queen Co., Va. At the same time he purchased an additional 100 acres in King and Queen Co., on the north side of John madison's Mill on the north side of the Mattipony River. These last 100 acres were not disposed of until 1784, at which time his son, John, applied for his share.
Following site lists his death as 10Mar1784:
More About William Lea IV and Frances Major:
Marriage: Abt. 1705, King and Queen Co, VA.
Children of William Lea IV and Frances Major are:
- James "Country Line" Lea, b. 1706, St. Stephen's Parish, King & Queen Co, VA, d. Abt. Mar 1792, Country Line Crk, Caswell Co, NC.
- Unknown Lea, b. 1708.
- William Lea V, b. 1710, St. Stephen's Parish, King & Queen Co, VA, d. Bef. Sep 1770, Amelia Co, VA.
- Unknown Lea, b. 1712.
- +Sarah W. Lea, b. 1716, King & Queen Co, St. Stephens Parish, VA, d. 1783, Person Co, NC.
- Unknown Lea, b. 1717.
- John William Lea, b. 1720, St. Stephen's Parish, King & Queen Co, VA, d. 1782.
- Unknown Lea, b. 1722.
- Francis Wainwright Lea, b. 1726, Stephens Parish, King and Queen Co, VA, d. 1766, Lousia Co, VA.