| || Notes for John Wood:|
John Wood settled in Bradford, Essex, MA about the time of his marriage. In 1726 he removed to Littleton, MA. About the same time his son, John Wood of Boxford, Ma. settled in Littleton. His son, Joseph, also spent a number of years in the same town, and his sons, Richard and Josiah, appear there as witnesses to a deed given by John Wood Sr. to Joseph Wood, carpenter, both of Littleton, 160 acres with buildings, in Littleton 7th March 1728-9. (Middlesex Co. Ma. Land Record Book 30 pg.169). This farm John Wood of Bradford bought 11th May 1726(ditto page 168) which proves that John Wood of Bradford was John Wood, Sr. of Littleton. Of the sons of John Wood, five(Thomas, Joseph, Ebenezer, Richard, and Josiah) emigrated to Norwich, Conn, and settled on Portipaug Hill (now Franklin), near the Shetucket River.
John Wood served in the King Philips' War under Captain Samuel Brocklebank and his wages were 3 pounds, 15 shillings and 8 pence. On February 12, 1733, veterans of the King Philip's War living in Littleton and surrounding towns were granted land in Narragansett Township, Number 6, now Templeton, Ma. John Wood was among those who received a grant.