- a gazetteer is a book which alphabetically names and describes the places in a specific area. For example, a gazetteer of a county would name and describe all of the towns, lakes, rivers, and mountains in the county.
- GEDCOM Database
- GEnealogy Data COMmunications, a
standardized format for genealogy databases that allows the exchange of
data among different software programs and operating systems.
- study of one's ancestry; summary history or table of a person's ancestry.
- good brother
- good sister
- good son
- person purchasing, buying or receiving property.
- grantee index
- master index of persons purchasing, buying or receiving property.
- person selling, granting, transfering or conveying property.
- grantor index
- master index of persons selling, granting, transfering or conveying property.
- grdn. (abbreviation)
- person lawfully appointed to care for the person of a minor, invalid, incompetent and their interests, such as education, property management and investments.