Requesting information on the Adkins Family from Virginia, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico. My research this far has brought me back to
Amos Adkins who married unk indian women. They had ten children. I can only find the youngest son John Adkins.
John Adkins he married Patey Lumpkin. They had one son
John A. Adkins b May 8, 1808, Chalfax County, Virgina. Died in Fulton, Missouri. He married Susan Meador in January 1831 at Wales Ford, Franklin County, Virginia.
(Susan Meador was the daughter of James Meador, an Englishman, and Polly Divans of Switzerland descent. Polly was raised in Baltimore, Maryland. They are buried in the Meador graveyard near Wales Ford, Franklin County, Virginia. Polly lived to be 98 and James 87.)
Children of Susan and John A. Adkins
1. James Meador born October 27, 1831 in Wales Ford, Virginia
2. John W. born August 27, 1833 in Wales Ford, Virginia
3. Mary Jane born April 27, 1836 in Wales Ford, Virginia
4. Lucy C. born March 3, 1837 in Big Lick, Virginia
5. Joseph W. born February 1, 1841 in Wales Ford, Virginia
6. Nancy E. born in 1843 in Franklin County, Virginia
7. Susan E. born in 1846 in Franklin County, Virginia
8. Salley born in 1849 in Franklin County, Virginia
9. Charley B. born in 1851 in Franklin County, Virginia