Researching the family of Edward Boettcher (later changed to Bettcher), believed to have been born in Germany, immigrated to America, settled in Ulster Heights, New York, died approx 1904. Married to Ida Maria Hope (maybe Hoppe) Bettcher, also believed born in Germany approx 1847, died December 16, 1920 in Middletown, New York, buried in Ulster Heights, NY. They had 8 children:
1. Reme D. Boettcher, b: May 3, 1874 in Ulster Heights, NY; d: Feb 10, 1923 in Wallkill, NY - changed last name to Bottcher when he joined the US Navy. Married Mary T. Joyce, b: Sep 4, 1888, d: Sep 21, 1972 in Middletown, NY. Two children: Reme Bottcher, Jr. & Genevieve Bottcher.
2. Lena Adeline Boettcher, b: Oct 19, 1875; married W.R. Holmes on Sep 11, 1901 in Ulster Heights, NY; One child: Lillian Boettcher who married Stanton B. Buckhout.
3. Manuel Frank Boettcher (my Grandfather), b: Apr 8, 1880, d: Sep 22, 1958 in Middletown, NY; Married to Margaret MacGillivray Galletly, b: Mar 10, 1885 in Glasgow, Scotland, d: Nov 8, 1979 in Montgomery, New York. Two sons: Arthur Bettcher & Melvin Bettcher (my father)
4. Vandalia Boettcher, b: Nov 30, 1886 in Ellenville, New York, d: Aug 15, 1964 in Los Angeles, California; 1st Marriage to George Craft, b: Sep 11, 1882 in Wawarsing, New York, died in Ellenville, New York; One child: Edith Craft, b: Oct 2, 1920; Vandalia's second marriage was to George Barrett, b: Apr 24, 1886 in High View, New York, d: Dec 20, 1958 in Middletown, New York.
5. Roland "Rollie" Boettcher, b: 1889 in Ulster County, NY, d: approx 1918 at the age of 29 in Middletown, New York; Married to Anna Folberth, b: approx 1897 maybe in Bucharest, Romania, d: Jun 20, 1972 in New York; 2 Daughters: Estella E. Bettcher, b: May 1, 1915 in Middletown, New York, d: Dec 12, 1983 in Goshen, New York; and Pauline Bettcher who married ?? Kepler.
6. Maxwell Boettcher - I have a photo, but no information on birth, death, marriages, children, etc.
7. Agnes F. Boettcher, no date of birth, d: Mar 18, 1958; Married Edward A. Boyce, b: Mar 4, 1862 in Mamataking, New York, d: Middletown, New York; 2 Children: Edna Boyce who married ?? Derrick; and Mildred Boyce who married William H. Davis.
8. Nettie J. Boettcher, b: Jun 7, 1883, d: Mar 28, 1972 in Goshen, New York; 1st Marriiage to John Odell; Two sons: Earl Odell (changed name to David Udell), and Roy "Russ" Odell; 2nd Marriage to Ewald Reut.
Would welcome any research assistance on this Boettcher/Bettcher line. Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org