My research is of the families of: Jacob Carter, Chesley John Daniel Boatright, Richard Bowen, Samuel Thornton, Arthur and James Davis, Benjamin Bennett, Isaac Moody, Moses and Jacob Lightsey, Jacob Hiers, John and Joel Strickland, John Howard, William and Daniel Patterson, Drewry Rheddish, Littleberry Daniels, Henry O'Steen, John Lott, Isabella Perry, John and Robert Dowling, Robert Dickson, Benjamin James, Charles Smith, James Boutwell, Samuel Commander, Godfrey Spruill, Francis Jones, John Lott Tallant, Moses Lankford, Capt. Nathaniel Ridley, John Thompson, Richard Bourne, Capt. James Day and others.
1. Our Bowen family came to Massachusetts CA1638 from Wales. They helped establish Rehoboth, MA. One son, Obadiah, moved to Swansea which later became part of R.I. His son Samuel moved to N.J. His son Clifton, Sr. moved to Duplin County, NC. Clifton, Jr. and son Mark moved to GA. The remainder of the family lived in Georgia until my generation which was born in SC.
2. Jacob Carter of South Carolina b.1720 is the farthest I have gone back on that side with actual proof. It is said that we are descended from Thomas Carter of VA through George Moore Carter. But, actual proof is yet to come.
3. The Boatright's were in SC before going to Georgia.
4. Samuel Thornton is said to have been born at St. Mathews Bluff, SC in 1755.
5. The James' were in the Northeast - Pennsylvania/Delaware/ South Carolina.
5. The Davis family went from NC to SC to GA.
6. The Hiers family, of which I have a double line through my Carter Grandparents, came to Charleston, SC in 1751 from Pfalzgrafenweiler, Wurtemberg, Germany. They were part of the German group that settled in Colleton County, SC.
Our family is now found all over the United States. One is currently in Iraq - 2003.