James Walton Hootsell Family of Natchez, MS
Updated October 12, 2007
|About Our Family Research
James Walton Hootsell is first born of Walton Withington Hootsell and Daisy Lanehart McClure(her mother died after birth, older sister, Alma Dawson Lanehart and husband James Basil McClure adopted Daisy). My daughter is Jennifer Elaine Hootsell, son is Matthew Walton Hootsell, their mother is Margaret Elaine Goulett Hootsell Tomasso. Kenneth Lanehart Hootsell, Daisy Darlene Hootsell Harman Rand, Finley Walton Hootsell are my siblings. Research focus on verifying parents of William Hootsell(Adams county court records of land purchases, will dated 1823). Tracing name changes from Hutzel, Hutsel, Hutsill with census, church records, birth, marriage, death, newspaper reports continues. Entering hand written tree details into FTM and expect feedback from you. Currently have Hootsell tombstones pictures from Natchez City Cemetery posted. Need Corine Hotel history:Alonzo Griffin Hootsell operated for 25 years. Corrections are made when new documents are received, and leads followup completed. Appreciate new discoveries mailed to me.
- Walton Smith and Frank Arrighi Hootsell (35 KB)
Son's of Alonzo Griffin Hootsell and Elodie Ariel Smith Hootsell.
- Daisy Dee and Charles "Wink" Winston Lanehart (43 KB)
One of Daisy Dee Lanehart McClure Hootsell's four brothers. He loved Golf.
- Alonzo Griffin Hootsell (40 KB)
Father of Walton Smith and Frank Arrighi with Elodie. Sessions Ault with Katheryn Joyce Sessions.
- Walton Smith Hootsell St. Catherine Standard Oil (24 KB)
Standard Oil Service Station, St. Catherine Street, Natchez, Mississippi 1930's
- Joseph Newton m. Betty E C Montpelier family 1904 (42 KB)
Eight children and two stepchildren. From left counterclockwise:Joseph Dix,Annie Maude,Ollie EMWilson,Joseph Wilson,Marcella Nancy, William Howard,Thomas Green,Joseph Newton,Carrie Edna,BEC Montpelier,Perry Montpelier.
- Elodie Ariel Smith (34 KB)
Mother of Walton Smith Hootsell, wife of Alonzo Griffin Hootsell
- Lonnie Hootsell and Katie Joyce (51 KB)
Handwritten names only on back of original. Katie Sessions Joyce was Alonzo Griffin Hootsell's second wife, after Elodie Ariel died from diptheria.
- Leonard Lehman Lanehart (56 KB)
Father of Daisy Dee Lanehart, husband of Daisy Darling Dawson
- Eudora Howard Withington (24 KB)
Wife of Walton Smith Hootsell. Mother of Walton Withington Hootsell and Eudora Elodie Hootsell.
- William Daniel Hootsell Confederate Pension Form (109 KB)
September 6, 1906 Request for Veteran's Benefits by one of John Thomas Hootsell, Jr.'s brothers.
- Daisy Darling Dawson (59 KB)
Mother of Daisy Dee Lanehart, wife of Leonard Lehman Lanehart
- Walton Smith Hootsell (31 KB)
Husband of Eudora Howard Withington. Second son of Alonzo Griffin Hootsell and Elodie Ariel Smith.
- William Daniel Hootsell Confederate Pension Pg 2 (108 KB)
William Daniel Hootsell is 75 years old in September of 1906. Living with 2 sons, 1 daughter.
- Walter Scott Dawson (58 KB)
Father of Daisy Darling Dawson. Husband of Emily Elizabeth Endrews.
- Alonzo "Lonnie" Griffin Hootsell (29 KB)
Son of John Thomas Hootsell,Jr and Mary Blanche Griffin.
- William Daniel Hootsell Confederate Pension Pg 3 (106 KB)
Application signed by two witnesses. William Daniel re-entered service, on detail in Busby,TX until army's disbanded.
- Emily Elizabeth Endrews (55 KB)
Wife of Walter Scott Dawson m. 12 Feb 1874.
- James Basil McClure and Dr. Beakman (46 KB)
Husband of Alma Dawson Lanehart. Son of Dr. Beakman(James was adopted by loving and wealthy McClure couple). Managed family fortune through great depression. Only father Daisy Dee Lanehart McClure knew.
- Frank Arrighi Hootsell and Prince (30 KB)
Alonzo Griffin Hootsell and Elodie Ariel Smith's first son, with family watch dog, Prince.
- Alonzo Griffin Hootsell (57 KB)
OwnerOperator of The Corine Hotel in Natchez, for twenty-five years.