We have begun to research our family trees from both mother and father sides of the family. This includes the following persons:
(1) Jacob Jelinek citizen of Bohemia; father of Joseph Jelinek (35) who imigrated from Austria in August 1889 (lived in Smdov, Bohemia).
(2) Joseph and Anna Havel, parents of Barbara Havel and wife of Joseph Jelinek. When they imigrated and their new address in the USA.
(3) Oliff Anderson imigrant from Denmark in 1883 and his future wife Dorothy Anderson who also imigrated from Denmark in 1886. Per 1900 Census they lived in Hardy Precinct, Nuckolls County, NE.
(4) Information about Cyrus H Francis, born in Ohio July 1826. His father was born in Virginia and mother in Pennyslvania. His wife's name was Harriett. She was born in Ohio in June 1831; her father,in Kentucky and mother, in Ohio.
(5) Charles Franklin Davis I. He was born January 14, 1829 in Indiana. His parents were both from Tennessee. His first wife was Sarah Steward born in Kentucky; second wife, Nancy Jane Caruthers, was born October 29, 1847 in Kentucky and died in 1871. His third wife was Ruth Mallonee, born December 13, 1840 in Tennessee. Both Charles Davis I and Ruth are buried in the Mount Hope Cemetery in Smith County, KS. where they lived for many years.
All of the above persons that I am interested in learning more about are my great grandparents and great,great, grandparents to my five children. We would like to recieve any information that might be available about them.
A Davis Family reunion is being held at Red Cloud, NE this year on August 31, 2003.