Im working on Keels line (*= my keels line).
The parents of John b;1785,William, Daniel Keels are unknown, need help!!!!.
John Keels Sr. was born S.C. 1785, In the 1850 Census S.C. he was 65. John Keels Sr. and.....T age 57 born N.C. However the John Keels who married Mary J. Tyler is not this
John Keels. His children were:
1. Isaac Jackson Keels B; abt 1824 S.C., died 1896 Houston County, Texas. married Mary Crow(6 children), Ann Hicks (1 child), Emmaline Bell (3 children).
2. Sarah Keels born 1826 S.C., married Mr. Bateman. age 34 (1850) was very likely the daughter-in-law of John Keels rather than his daughter. She could be a widow of one of his older sons if any ???. Sarah MAY or MAY NOT be the daughter of John KEELS. I would also hate to mislead a researcher down that road.
3. John Keels Jr. * born 1831 S.C., died in the Civil War, July
4 1864 Gettysburg,PA(I have the pension application).Married
Elizabeth Searcy on Apr 6 1859 Henry Co, Al. and had two
children: Rebecca Keels and *James Monroe Keels. James
married Elizabeth Hunt and had (3) children: *Edd, Carrie,
Robert. Both boys had (8) children each and Carrie had (3)
4. Mary Emma Keels born abt 1833 S.C. died abt 1880 Married John
King, and John Henry Money.
5. Hester Ann Keels Feb 16, 1836 S.C. died Sep 09, 1925 Married
Reuben E. Wright.
Do you know who is John Keels Sr.'s father was? This is as far as I got. Please help!!!!.
Do you know of any ship records where there is Keels are listed?
Who is J.J. Keels (John J. Keels)b:Oct 1846 in Sumpter SC raised in Ga. Parents were also Born in SC. Was in Co. I 3rd Reg Ga.and also listed in 1900 census Houston Co. Texas.