John Sharp was one of the earliest settlers of Hickman County, Tennessee. The name of his wife has never been found.They lived in Washington County, Pennsylvania arround 1785 or 1786, then moved to Kentucky (Jefferson Co. and Shelby Co.) Godspeed lists them the first settlement made in Lewis Co. was made in 1806 by John Sharp and family (sons William, Edward, Nehemiah, Samuel and Joshua, along with Elijah, Samuel,and James Mayfield) on Swan Creek. Also that they came from Kentucky and settled on what is now known as the Jones Vincent Place on the Upper Swan. Later they moved to Tennessee.
From: Historical Sketches, Volume 10, 1976, pages 22-28, published by The Historical Society of Southwest Virginia.
misc. note from http://home.comcast.net/~mkatschke/mary1943/a7.htm#i10046
1. Mrs. Catherine?? SHARP.
1. James SHARP (Abt 1799 - Abt 185)
2. William SHARP (Abt 1782 - 1860-1867)
2. ? I believe this was Margaret Mary 'Millie' Mayfeild
1. Edward SHARP (17 Jan 1787 - 1866)
2. John Jr. SHARP (Abt 1797 - 1852)
3. Margaret SHARP (Abt 1794 - 1870)
4. Nehemiah SHARP (Abt 1784 - Abt 1870)
5. Samuel SHARP (Abt 1802 - Abt 1868)