As a beginning genealogy student, I am at the point of entering data I have received from various family members. There have been a few research trips to Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, and east Texas. Family surnames include: Montgomery, Cathey, Spicer, Melton, Welch, Proctor, Bradshaw, Matthews, Reed, and Ascue. There is also information concerning my husband's family including: Maxson, Hill, and Conklin.
Since I have personally researched very little of the information included, I caution anyone using this data to be aware that all will need to be verified, except those items which do indicate a reputable source.
Please contact me if you have any additions or corrections. (Liz)
- Evelyn Beryl Montgomery Cathey (20 KB)
This photo of my mother was taken in the 1950's.
- Elvin Boyd Cathey (the hothead) (25 KB)
Whenever Daddy ate hot peppers, he would say his head was breaking out in heat!
- Mother (30 KB)
One of my favorite photos of Evelyn Beryl Montgomery Cathey as a young woman.
- Christmas around 1956 (36 KB)
Elizabeth, Beryl (mother), Olive (grandmother), Arthur (grandfather)
- Olive Elizabeth Welch Montgomery (32 KB)
My maternal grandmother
- Robert and Liz - Early marriage (29 KB)
Wow! We both had dark hair and lots of it then.
- William Arthur Montgomery (24 KB)
My maternal grandfather
- Robert and Liz Maxson 1993 (110 KB)
This was our church directory photo in 1993 - New World UMC, Garland, TX
- Frances Elizabeth Cathey Maxson (105 KB)
This was taken about 2 years ago in 2002, and can serve as one of my "before" (wt. loss) pictures.
- Mary Edith Hill Maxson (133 KB)
My mother-in-law at her 90th birthday celebration in January 2003.
- Liz Maxson (8 KB)
This is my "during" (wt. loss) picture. I have lost 69 lbs. since June 12, and this was taken about December 28, 2003.
- Evelyn Beryl Montgomery Cathey (7 KB)
My mother at my retirement party 5-1-01 at Vanston Middle School, Mesquite ISD
- 42 Weeks of weight loss - 86 lbs. (25 KB)
This is a during wt. loss picture at 42 weeks on Michael Thurmond's Six Week Body Makeover Program. Have lost 7 dress sizes since June 12, 2003.
- Sam Wilson Cathey homeplace (194 KB)
This was the home of my great-grandparents: Samuel Wilson Cathey and Margaret Ementa Ascue (Granny Cathey)
- 72 weeks of weight loss....down 127 lbs./9 sizes (19 KB)
This photo marks my 72nd week of weight loss on the Michael Thurmond Six Week Body Makeover and a loss of 127 lbs. with 43 to go.
- Sam Wilson Cathey and Margaret Ementa Ascue Cathey (87 KB)
My paternal great-grandparents
- Mother and I on Mother's 88th birthday (17 KB)
This was taken July 25, 2004 on Mother's 88th birthday. I had lost 115 lbs. by then.
- Elvin Boyd Cathey, 1950's (21 KB)
This photo of my father was taken sometime during the 1950's in Grand Prairie, Texas.
- Lost - 143 lbs. (26 KB)
This was a profectional picture taken for a Provida.com infomercial in Oct. 2005 - down 143 lbs. in 2 years.