Searching for information on Liston G. TOWNSEND(1849-1925) married to Mary WILLETT TOWNSEND(1853-1929). Liston was born in Alabama, Mary in Kentucky. Both Liston and Mary are listed in the 1870 Sharp Co, Arkansas Census and the 1880 Howell Co, Missouri Census, 1900 Choctaw Nation Indian Territory Census, 1910 & 1920 Pushmataha Co, OK Census.
1. Leona TOWNSEND (HUNT) B.abt 1872 Arkansas married Will HUNT. In Choctaw Nation (Oklahoma) in early 1900's.
2. Orah Elizabeth TOWNSEND BLAIR B.abt 1874 Arkansas D. 28 May 1956 in Oklahoma married Will H. BLAIR (both buried in Lawton, Comanche Co, OK)
3. John Darius TOWNSEND B.abt 1877 Arkansas D. Harlingen,Texas
4. Cora Estelle TOWNSEND JAMAR COX B.1878 Arkansas D.1950 Paris,Texas married Will JAMAR then George Anderson COX
5. Liston Annie TOWNSEND EVANS BROWN B.abt 1881 D.TX poss married Jim EVANS then Ed BROWN.
6. William Mose TOWNSEND B.1883 Arkansas D. 1968 Oklahoma married Lydia Wayne MCCARTY (both buried Frederick, Tillman, OK)
7. Mary Lydia TOWNSEND MCCARTY B.1886 Arkansas D.1975 Texas married Daniel MCCARTY (Daniel is brother of Lydia MCCARTY TOWNSEND)
8. Tabitha(Bethie) TOWNSEND BROWN SANDERS B.May 1888 Arkansas D.1959 Lamesa,Texas married Willie BROWN then Josiah SANDERS
9.Octavia (Octie/Octa) TOWNSEND MCCRARY B. Aug 1890 Arkansas married Edgar Blyth MCCRARY
I welcome any information on any of these family lines. I need information on Liston or Leston TOWNSEND and wife Mary WILLETT TOWNSEND. Liston is buried in Pushmataha Co. OK. and wife Mary TOWNSEND was buried in Lawton, OK. I have found evidence linking Liston TOWNSEND to Dr Robert Noble TOWNSEND in Arkaldelphia, Arkansas. I believe they were son's of Dr.John W. TOWNSEND from Alabama. John was also a Baptist Minister. Liston's mother was John W.'s first wife, Mary L. WEATHERFORD.
If you are researching these lines, please contact me!