Genealogy.com
Big changes have come to Genealogy.com — all content is now read-only, and member subscriptions and the Shop have been discontinued.
 
Learn more

Community

Search

Family Finder
First Name:
Middle:
Last:
 

The Edgar R. Rivera-Ortiz of Puerto Rico

Updated October 14, 2003

About Our Family Research


My work is part of a team work between family members in order to search and research our genealogy. Edgar Ortiz, a History professor at the University of Puerto Rico - Mayagüez Campus, did his work with the Ortiz Family. He went back to the late 1700's, where one branch of the family where divided into Spaniards and Islanders (which we know that part of them where related to Caribbean Indians (The Tainos). In order to search for the Spaniard branch of the family, we would have to travel to Spain.
The work related to the Rivera’s family, goes back to the early 1800’s, 75% of the family is Spaniards descendants and the rest 25% could be Spaniard, but we need keep searching. I know that the Rivera’s family came from the town of Jayuya, which was founded by “a” Rivera Family. Because the surname Rivera is a very common name in the island of Puerto Rico, I can’t tell if my family is direct descendants of that Rivera family, or from another Rivera family from the area of Jayuya, and/or from a near by neighborhood. I hope that the internet help me to unravel part of my family heritage.

 
Family Trees (viewing trees requires 4.0 or later browser)
 
Contact the Author


 

Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Terms of Service | PRIVACY
The content shown on this page has been submitted by a Genealogy.com customer, and is not subject to verification by Genealogy.com. Neither Genealogy.com nor its affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on this page. The opinions expressed on this page are the author's alone and not the opinions of Genealogy.com.
© 2011 Ancestry.com