Spevak's and Teuchert's of Del, County, Pa
Updated November 24, 2009
|About Our Family Research
Engelbert Charles Spevak came to Philadelphia from Austria Hungary in November 1901 at the age of 18yrs. He was employed at the Baldwin Locomotive Works. In July of 1903 John Teuchert arrived to work at Baldwin Locomotive Works.Both had worked previously in Austria Hungary.In this same year November John's wife Theresa, daughter Rosa and son Frank arrived from Europe.In 1905 E. Charles Spevak's Father, Josef Spevak Arrived for a long visit before returning to Austria Hungary.
.In 1906 a son named Engelbert was born to John and Theresa Teuchert.In 1907 Rosa Johanna Teuchert and Engelbert Charles Spevak were married. In 1908 A daughter named Amelia was born to John and Theresa. A few weeks later a daughter named Hilda was born to Engelbert and Rosa Spevak. About 1910 both families moved to Delaware County Pa. This is where they lived there last remaining days.
- Forrest A. C. 1920 (115 KB)
Forrest AC baseball team E. Charles Spevak manager, bat boy Benoit Senger sitting. Frank Teuchert,pitcher wearing sweater.
- John Teuchert With Sons Frank & Bert (116 KB)
Picture taken in early 1900's
- The Teuchert & Spevak Home (24 KB)
John Teuchert purchased this house about 1918. A time later John's daughter Rosa and husband E. Charles Spevak moved in with their children temporary, but stayed there most of their lifetime.Many great moments that happened in this house are being remembered by the surviving relatives.
- The Spevak home about 1914 (34 KB)
Rosa Spevak Holding Harry J. Spevak standing next to visitors who came from Philadelphia, notice the dress of that era.
- The Teucherts, Spevaks & Maguires (46 KB)
Five generations standing from the left Mr&Mrs Donald Maguire, Mr & Mrs E. Charles Spevak, Mr & Mrs Bernard Maguire. Sitting Mr & Mrs John Teuchert holding Donald Maguire Jr
- The Thomas Flyer (94 KB)
E. Charles Spevak with his automobile called Thomas Flyer, visiting in Philadelphia in the early years about 1912.
- John Teuchert Home (54 KB)
This picture was taken about 1921. This house is located at 131 Milmont Ave Milmont Park Pa. The Teuchert/s and Spevak's lived there until 1960.
Hilda Spevak Maguire and Alva Spevak Draper standing.
- E. Charles Spevak meeting brother Karl Spevak (154 KB)
Karl Spevak came to the United States in 1951 as a displaced person and lived first in Connecticut
- Engelbert Charles & Rosa Spevak (57 KB)
The marriage of Rosa Teuchert to Engelbert Charles Spevak in 1907
- John Teuchert Home 2002 (52 KB)
This is the TEUCHERT HOME As it appears in this year 2002 after extensive renovations. I Took this picture this December. A.V.Spevak
- A later picture of the 5 generations (21 KB)
The Spevaks,Teucherts & Maguires
- The Milmont Park Post Office in the 1930's (64 KB)
The Building as it was then
- Bertha Embon,Alfred Spevak & Hilda Maguire (29 KB)
- The County Savings Bank (84 KB)
This is the same building that formerly was the Milmont Park Post Office, Now occupied as COUNTY SAVINGS
- Amelia Teuchert Ingram & Hilda Spevak Maguire (63 KB)
Amelia & Hilda in the 1920's
- Alfred Spevak Author (28 KB)
Photo taken 2001 at my computer desk
- Engelbert Charles Spevak 1901 (16 KB)
E.Charles Spevak's first sunday in Philadelhia of November,1901. Still dressed in his Austrian suit at age 18 yrs.
- Frank & Catherine Teuchert (36 KB)
The Teucherts about 1953