Wright; Amlin; Huckaby (all spellings); Svenson (Svensson); Nordgren; Tureson (Turesson); Tuvesdotter (Tufuesdatter); Hillier; Campbell; Howery (Hauri); Tiffin; Hyslop; Tuffin; Dorman; Looney; Lightfoot; Skaggs; Chiles; Payne; Paterson; Millikan; Bagley; Newth; Gorman; Moravec; Deem; Scoggins, Corrigan; Tomasevich; and many others. Geographically, the families are concentrated in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Missouri, and California.
The database presently includes about 10,000 family members (June 2002).
Main effort is on the Svenson, Huckaby, Amlin and Wright families.
Svenson (Sweden, Norway, Illinois and California)
Huckaby (All; Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, California)
Amlin (Ohio, Missouri, California)
Wright (Illinois, Ohio, California)
Hjersas (Hjarsas Parish), Skane; Svenstorp, Sweden; Kristianstad;
Christiania (Kristiania or Oslo), Norway.
Presently seeking family links to the following family members:
Jens Svensson (D. 1844)
- wife's name unknown; wife died 1839.
- son was Olaf Svenson
Olaf Svenson (Svensson); born 27 May 1832, Kristianstad, Sweden
- Olaf died 6 July 1891 in Pomona, California.
- First wife's name unknown.
- child of first wife was Isidor Svensson (born 1863 in Stockholm)
- Second wife: Betty Nordgren; born 23 March 1851, Hjersas, Skane
- Olaf and Betty were married 2 May 1872 in Christiania, Norway.
- Olaf and Betty had the following children:
Alfred Hugo Svenson: b. 9 Mar 1873 in Christiania, Norway; d. 15 June 1965 in Artesia, California (had four sons: Harold, Wesley, Donald, Kenneth)
Wilhelm Bruno Svenson: b. 25 June 1874; d. 28 Dec 1875 in Sweden.
Frantz Ludwig Svenson: b. 1 Nov 1875; d. 7 Sept 1907, Los Angeles
Edward Wilhelm Svenson: b. 21 Feb 1877; d. 9 Dec 1962 (son John?)
Lillian Mathilda Svenson: b. 26 Sept 1878; d. 13 Dec 1970
George Leonard Svenson: b. 31 Mar 1880; d. 20 Jul 1890 in Pomona
Violet Angelic Svenson: b. May 1883; d. 28 Sept 1884 in Chicago
Joseph Valfrid Svenson: b. 7 Nov 1889; d. 14 Sept 1890
- Betty Nordgren's Parents were:
- Sven Nordgren (b. 8 March 1823, Kristianstad, Sweden; d. 1876); Elna Tureson (b. 1820, Svenstorp, Sweden; d. 15 April 1867 in Rock Island, Illinois). Sven returned to Sweden, remarried in 1868, returned to U.S. and had four more children (Who?).
- Elna Tureson's mother's name was Anna Tufuesdatter (Tuvesdotter).
- Betty Nordgren's siblings were: Peter Nordgren (b. 1854 in Galesburg, Ill.); Harma Nordgren (b. 1856, Galesburg, Ill.); Nels Nordgren (b. 15 April 1858, Galesburg, Ill.). Nels lived in Holdrege, Nebraska (as did Harma).
- William Ripley Campbell (born in New York?) was married to Silence Demons. Does anybody have any data on this marriage.
- Thomas Huckaby (b. 1745 in Virginia) was married to Keziah (Kesiah). Kesiah's maiden name is not know for certain. Many list her as Keziah Nuckolls (various spellings), while others list Keziah Self or Keziah Yancey. Does anybody have any primary data sources to clarify the confusion?
I work on two other databases:
Bornemann, Lindner, Coy and Saxon (Pittsburg, Pennsylvania area around 1900), which includes the Fodor, Federlein, Acklin, Dorner, Gehring, Pack, Rodler, Houck, Helmer, Hohmann, Johnson, Kording, Kreutzer; Hartl, Schaub, Smith, Keith, Glasser, Weiss, and other families. These families are geographically concentrated in Pennsylvania and Florida.
Gowin, Peace, Miller, Hamby, Blagg, Estes, Noziska, Butler, Woods, and many others. The bulk of the information for these families has been collected by Nadine Evans (grandmother, great-grandmother, great-great-grandmother or otherwise an aunt or cousin or other relative to 'everybody' in the database). These families are located mostly in California, Arkansas and Oklahoma.