For those interested in the Linnell Family, please see the web site of the family association.
The Linnell Family in North America began with the arrival of Robert Linnell of England in Scituate, Massachusetts in 1638. For centuries, every person in North America with the surname Linnell was descended from Robert Linnell. The Linnell Family Association of North America celebrates that family. Among the activities and benefits of the LFA are:
- Family reunions every three years. The last reunion was held in Black River Falls, Wisconsin in June 2003. The next reunion is planned for Cape Cod, Massachusetts in 2006.
- Scholarships for Linnell family members who are high school seniors planning to attend college.
- A gravestone fund to restore grave markers of Linnell family founders.
- Opportunities to obtain family genealogical research, especially the book “The Descendants of Robert Linnell,” a 530 page hardbound book about the family written by Rachel Linnell Wynn.
- Quarterly newsletters sharing news about the association and family members.