The Healey Family Tree
Updated July 29, 2003
|About Our Family Research
My paternal gr-grandfather, Bernard Healey, was the son of Hugh and Catherine and was born in Co. Roscommon about 1831. He had a least one sister, Catherine Healey Powers. Bernard met his wife Mary Hennessey in Birmingham, England and was married in January of 1854. They went to the USA in late 1854 and settled in Cambridge, MA. They had 4 children, Bridget, Eugene, John and Bernard. The last child only lived for a month.
Bernard enlisted during the U.S. Civil War in 1862 and died of dysentary in 1863. His wife Mary remarried to Michael Quinn in 1872. Mary was born in Co. Clare and some of her brothers/sisters also lived in Birmingham, England in the mid 1800's. She had a brother John and a stepbrother Thomas Kenney (Canney) who went to Cape Town, So. Africa. Thomas stayed but John went on to Auckland, New Zealand and brought his family there. A sister, Margaret stayed in Birmingham and married James Qualter, they had at least 2 children Ellen b. 1859,James b. 1861.
Another (possible) Hennessy brother Andrew , went back to Miltown, Co. Clare, Ireland. Other Hennessy/Hennessey relations lived in the USA around the Boston suburbs.
My maternal gr-grandparents came from Inverness in the Highlands of Scotland. They eventually settled in Nova Scotia Canada. Their family name was Chisholm. In the late 1880's many of their children settled in the Boston, MA area of the U.S.A. My paternal gr-grandparents were the MacDonnells of Glengarry, Scotland. They settled in Cape Breton and on to Guysborough-Intervale, Nova Scotia. Surnames on that side were MacDonnell and MacClellan.
(viewing trees requires 4.0 or later browser)
- Old South End Cemetery, Port Eliz., So. Africa (32 KB)
Burial site of Thomas d. 1897 & Mary Ann d. 1909 Kenney and their son Michael d, 1905
- John B. Healey's wedding picture. (180 KB)
Born August 14, 1860 - died September 1, 1917
Married Agust 25, 1885 in Somerville MA to Catherine Bench. His occupation was butcher/huckster.
- Mary Jane MacDonald b. 1908 d.1987 (107 KB)
Mary Jane MacDonald m. James A. Healey. She was the daughter of Daniel and Mary MacDonald
- St. Peters Church, Concord St., Cambridge, MA USA (121 KB)
Family church of Bernard & Mary Healey
- Catherine E. Bench (129 KB)
Born March 1, 1866 d. Nov. 20, 1916. Married John B. Healey on August 25, 1885 in Somerville MA. She is buried in the Healey family plot, at Holy Cross Cemetery, Malden MA
- Aunt Mary Jane Chisholm b. 1886 died 1971 (67 KB)
Aunt Jennie, Sister Elizabeth, and husband Pat Kennedy
- MacDonnell Farm hayfield, Guysborough-Interval NS. (121 KB)
View of the hayfield of Angus MacDonnell's farm. House and barn are not longer standing.
- Grave of Eugene Healey (179 KB)
Eugene Healey b. 18 May 1868 d. 12 Feb 1926, son of John and Catherine Healey
- Catherine Chisholm Kennedy b.1890 d. 1987 (102 KB)
Catherine Chisholm and her family in San Diego. She was the daughter of Finlay & Eliza Chisholm and sister of Mary (Chisholm) MacDonald.
- James Horne and Ann MacDonnell Horne (28 KB)
Ann MacDonnell was the sister of Angus A. MacDonell. She married James Horne
- James "Alley" Healey b. 1901 d. 1963 (44 KB)
James Healey son of John and Catherine Healey.
- Bridget Healey Henick 1856-1941 (103 KB)
She was the daughter of Bernard and Mary (Hennessy) Healey. Born in Cambridge MA. Buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Malden, MA.
- Mary Chisholm MacDonald b. 1876 d. 1930 (95 KB)
Mary was the daughter of Finlay & Eliza Chisholm and wife of Daniel MacDonald. This photo was taken shortly before she died in 1930.
- Interior of St. Patricks Church, Guysborough, N.S. (116 KB)
Family church of Angus & Anne MacDonnell located in Guysborough-Intervale, Nova Scotia
- Home of John and Catherine Healey (126 KB)
519 Pleasant St., Malden, MA USA Home of John and Catherine Healey.
- St. Andrews Church (90 KB)
St. Andrews Church, St. Andrews, Antigonish Co., Nova Scotia was the family church of Finlay & Eliza Chisholm. Graveyard in the rear of the church contains graves of Alex, John & Annie children of Finlay. Many other Chisholm relations are also buried there.
- View from rear of St. Patricks Church, Intervale (117 KB)
Family church of Angus and Anne MacDonnell located in the village of Guysborough-Intervale, Nova Scotia
- Burial site of Bernard and Mary Healey (194 KB)
Bernard Healey b. abt. 1831 d. 26 August 1863, Mary Hennessey Healey b. abt. 1841 d. 30 March 1902, Mt. Auburn Catholic Cemetery, Watertown, MA, USA
- Finlay Chisholms Home, Beauly, Nova Scotia (212 KB)
Home of Finlay and Elizabeth Chisholm located in Beauly, Antigonish County, Nova Scotia. Family of Finlay are standing, Finlay is sitting.
- Ann MacDonnell sister of Angus MacDonnell (21 KB)
Daughter of Catherine & John MacDonnell b. abt. 1823
- Finlay & Elizabeth Chisholm (61 KB)
Finlay was born in 1833 and died 1921. Elizabeth was born around 1847, died-unknown.
- MacDonell farm-Guysboro Intervale, N.S. (156 KB)
Family farm of Angus & Annie MacDonnell located in the Guysborough-Intervale area of Nova Scotia.
- Daniel & Mary MacDonald & son John (115 KB)
Daniel MacDonald (b.1865-d.1927), son of Angus A. MacDonnell and Annie McClellan. Married to Mary Chisholm (b.1876-d.1930) at The Church of the Immaculate Conception, Everett, MA. on October 9, 1902.
- Alex Chisholm b. 1883 d. 1963 (37 KB)
Uncle Alex Chisholm, son of Finlay & Eliza, brother of Mary Chisholm MacDonald. Also, Mary Ellen Carroll, cousin.
- Mary Ann MacDonnell b. July 31, 1820 (31 KB)
Mary Ann MacDonnell was the daughter of John & Catherine MacDonnell and sister of Angus MacDonnell
- Thomas Kenney's headstone (33 KB)
Burial site of Thomas & Mary Ann Kenney at the Old South End Cemetery, Port Eliz. So. Africa
- St. Patricks Church, Guysborough-Intervale, N.S. (82 KB)
Family church of Angus & Annie MacDonnell located in Guysborough, Intervale, Nova Scotia.
- Christine (Chisholm) Tracey b.1887 d. 1978 (83 KB)
Christine Chisholm daughter of Finlay & Eliza Chisholm, sister of Mary (Chisholm) MacDonald.