This family tree is of Decendents of Thomas and Charlotte Foster McCauley who came from Dublin, Ireland to Marietta, Ohio in the late 1860's.
Thomas lived to be 111 years old.*
He fell into a open fireplace, he was asleep in a chair. He died from the infection of the burns.
Charlotte taught School in Dublin.
Thomas & Charlotte had 8 children.
1. Elizabeth(Eliza)McCauley Metcalf 1839-1907
2. Susanna McCauley Boden (Bowden)1837-1917 (has a short family history)-Susanna came from Ireland to meet her fiancee. He never met her. She met and married a Canadian furier and lived in Canada with him. She came to see Margaret Stephens (my Great-Aunt Maggie) once and she was beautiful and had on a long mink coat her husband had made for her from the furs he tanned.
3. John McCauley 1840-? (had no reported family/decendents)
4. Archibald Brannon McCauley 1841-1917
5. Mary Jane McCauley Fisher 1842-19??
6. William A. McCauley 1847-1913(14)
7. Alexander McCauley 1848-1936 (my Great Great Grandfather)
8. Robert McCauley 1852-1933
A note from the from page of the family tree.
Marietta, Ohio Naturalization
11/3/1868 Alexander McCauley
11/3/1868 William McCauley
10/8/1869 Archibald McCauley
10/9/1876 Robert McCauley
Thomas McCauley buried Independence Cemetary, Jackson County, West Virginia. I believe Charlotte is also buried there.
The original family history was collected by Sallie McCauley Linscott, I would like to thank her, she made this website possible.
I also would like to thank, Martin McCauley Taylor for his input into the Archibald branch of the family tree.
And of course I would like to acknowledge my 1st cousin once removed Joyce Ann McCauley & her dad (my great-uncle) Harold McCauley for their input.
I have uploaded pictures of tombstones of some of the McCauley family. The pictures where taken in Springhill Cemetary, Wellsville, OH.
Of course, if you would like to have some living people - pictures please send them to me. I will upload them to the site.
I will be adding some pics that I have in my digital library in a couple of days...
Please contact me if you have any proven corrections or additions.
*This is unverified information