Family Tree of Karen Waddy.
Updated February 16, 2004
|About Our Family Research
I AM NO LONGER ACTIVELY RESEARCHING MY FAMILY TREE,
but I hope that this site will still be useful to you.
Here are my Essex (Uk) interests:
WEBBER, Mount Bures/Bures Hamlet/Fordham, 1800-1900 (also Bures St Mary, Suffolk).
WEBBER, Romford/Hornchurch post 1871.
HUXTABLE, Fordham/Colchester/Maldon, 1860-1900
WATERS, Mount Bures/Bures Hamlet 1840-1860 (also Bures St Mary, Suffolk).
FRANCIS, Colchester/Fordham 1800 - 1862
CROWDER, Fordham c1865
ASHTON, Fordham c1865
SLYFIELD, Fordham c1865
CLEARY, Fordham c1870
PETTITT, Bures Hamlet/Mount Bures 1800-1830 (also Bures St Mary, Suffolk).
LONG, West Bergholt c1880.
CANT, West Bergholt/Stanway 1820-1900
SMITH, Fordham c1895.
RAVEN, Fordham c1900.
KEEBLE, Fordham c1900.
BUTLER, Copford c1918.
BINES, Fordham c1910.
CUDMORE, Fordham c1920.
Here are my Suffolk (Uk) interests:
PRYKE : Cornard c1800
BOWMAN : Exning, Newmarket : 1780-1988
CLARY / CLAREY : Exning, Newmarket : 1790-1860
HOWLETT : Newmarket : 1790-1850
PAVIS : Newmarket : c1800
NORMAN : Eriswell : c1800
JARVIS : Exning : 1750-1850
WATERS : Hartest : 1750-1850
Here is the data for my Sussex (Uk) research:
George Ernest WADEY b1886 in Lewes (although birth cert says Ernest George) to parents Alfred WADEY b1856 in Wellington St, St Johns & Annie Rebecca nee POLLARD b1859 Iford, Sussex.
George`s sister Clara Beatrice WADEY b1882 in Winterbourne, St Anns USD, Lewes married Ernest POLLARD.
George`s other siblings were:
Edith Florence WADEY b1887 in St Anns.
Rose Emily WADEY b1885 in St Anns, married twice, Albert SCOTT & Cecil Edward ANSLEY.
Minnie WADEY b1889 at 4 Neville Terrace, St Anns. She had a son called Ernest WADEY.
Alice Sarah WADEY b1881 married Albert UPTON.
Elsie WADEY married Joe MOGFORD.
Annie Rebecca POLLARDs parents were Mark POLLARD b1832 (Mark`s mother Eliza ? b1803) & Sarah ? b1831.
Annie Rebecca had a brother Charles William POLLARD b1862 & a sister Alice POLLARD b1863.
Alfred WADEY`s parents were George WADEY bapt 1816 & Sarah Ann SMITH b1817 in Malling. George`s parents were James WADEY b 1784 & Dinah DEADMAN b1780.
Alfreds siblings were:
Charles WADEY b1859 in Wellington St, St Johns.
Clara WADEY b1853 in Chailey.
Samuel WADEY b1851 in Chailey.
Jane WADEY b1849 in Hamsey.
James WADEY b1847 in Hamsey, married Charlotte WYATT in 1878.
George WADEY b1845 in Hamsey.
Mary WADEY bapt 1838 in Hamsey.
Sarah Ann WADEY bapt 1839 in Hamsey.
Ester WADEY bapt 1841 in Hamsey.
Here is my Norfolk (Uk) data:
My g g grandfather was George MURRAY. Father Jesse, mother Rachel BUDREY. He married Mary Ann SHARPE 1878 in Docking.
Mary Ann was probably born in the Docking Union Workhouse 1859, mother Eliza, father unknown.
Their son Archibald Basil MURRAY was b1888 in Bawdeswell,
George was a bricklayer/journeyman.
1881 George was at Cottage On City Farm, Shropham as a lodger aged 32 & married.
The same census shows a Mary Ann MURRAY, bricklayers wife, aged 20 in Docking living `In The Village` Lyng.
She has a 2 year old child, Frederic SHARPE with her.
1891 census lists them at Post Office Road, Lyng.
They now have 4 sons, Frederick SHARPE aged 12 born in Docking, Jesse MURRAY aged 9 born in Lyng, Bertie MURRAY aged 4 born in Lyng, Archibald B MURRAY aged 2 born in Lyng.
Archibald Basil Murray married Martha Anne BRIGHTON b1885.
They had 3 children Alexander Maud MURRAY b1914 in Attleborough Road, Sydney MURRAY b1910 in New Buckenham, and Roland Archibald MURRAY.
Martha Anne had 2 sisters Mabel BRIGHTON & Ethel BRIGHTON.
Mabel married Henry BAXTER & had a daughter Joan BAXTER. Joan married a Mr. BOSSONS & had two sons Trevor & Christopher.
Ethel married Robert BRIGHTON & had a son Cecil BRIGHTON.
Sydney MURRAY married Freda Mary Una NORTHCOTT & had 4 children, David Roy MURRAY, Gerald MURRAY, Alan MURRAY, and Josephine MURRAY.
Roland Archibald MURRAY married Norah BROWNE.
MY CANADIAN DATA IS BELOW UNDER "RELATED FILES".
(viewing trees requires 4.0 or later browser)
- Holy Trinity Church, Colchester, Essex, Uk. (23 KB)
This is where Ester Emma FRANCIS married George HUXTABLE July 22nd 1861. These were my Gt Gt Grandparents.
- All Saints Church, Fordham, Essex. Uk (73 KB)
This is where a lot of my WEBBER and HUXTABLE ancestors went to church for baptisms, marriages, burials and regular church services.
- Bures c1955 (12 KB)
This shows that Bures has changed very little since my ancestors lived there over 100 years ago.
- Curved Trestle in Ontario, Canada. (20 KB)
This is what Harry HUXTABLE, Gertrude HUXTABLE, Mabel HUXTABLE, and Claude SMITH would`ve seen on arrival in Ontario c1901. Harry spent most of his working life on the Algoma Central Railway.
- Eight Ash Green Church (Essex, Uk). (84 KB)
Some of my WEBBER and HUXTABLE ancestors probably worshipped in this church.
- High Street, Newmarket, Suffolk Uk, c1940. (38 KB)
Newmarket is where many of my ancestors on my paternal line were born.
- Street map of Colchester, Essex, Uk. (31 KB)
This is quite a detailed map of the town of Colchester.
- St Peter`s Church, Maldon, Essex, Uk. (38 KB)
Several of my HUXTABLE ancestors were born and raised in Maldon. These were children of George HUXTABLE and Ester Emma FRANCIS.
- Bures c1960 (11 KB)
This shows just how little the village has changed in the last four decades.
- St Andrew`s Church, Gt Cornard, Sudbury, Suffolk, (14 KB)
My Grandfather George Thomas WEBBER ran the butchers shop opposite this church. My mother and her sister were born above the shop. I was born and raised in Gt Cornard until the age of about 10 and was in the church choir here. This is where we held the funeral services for my grandparents.
- Exning, Newmarket, Suffolk, Uk. (59 KB)
This is another photo that shows how the village looked when my ancestors lived there.
- Harry Francis HUXTABLE Attestation form WW1 (76 KB)
This is the front of the actual document that Harry signed 20th March 1916 in order to join the Canadian Over-Seas Expeditionary Force.
- Photo of me!! (7 KB)
For anyone who wants to know what I look like!
- Harry Francis HUXTABLE Attestation Paper (reverse) (52 KB)
This is the back of the form that Harry signed in order to join the Canadian Over-Seas Expeditionary Force.
- St Mary at the Walls, Colchester. (20 KB)
This photograph shows St Mary at the Walls Church, for which I have produced a historical timeline and interior transcriptions.
These are in the form of text documents which can be found on this site under related files.
- Exning, Newmarket, Suffolk, Uk (59 KB)
Exning is where a lot of my paternal ancestors originated from.
- HUXTABLE Family History Report. (25 KB)
This report lists all the data I have regarding the HUXTABLE line of my family tree in Essex Uk beginning in Devon c1791.
- UPDATED Norfolk info MURRAY / SHARPE (3 KB)
This is the recently updated information regarding my MURRAY and SHARPE lines in Norfolk, UK.
- Edith Alisia Alice HUXTABLE data. (1 KB)
Edith went to Sault St Marie, Ontario, Canada c1901 and here is all the information that I have so far about her.
- FRANCIS Family History Report. (27 KB)
This report shows the FRANCIS line of my family tree and all the other directly related names in Essex Uk.
- WEBBER in Hornchurch & Romford, Essex Data. (7 KB)
This link contains data about my WEBBER line that went to live in the Hornchurch & Romford areas of Essex. Associated names include STRAIGHT, RAINBOW, PURKISS, & HOLLINGSWORTH.
- Claude R. SMITH & Nellie Ellen nee FAY data. (2 KB)
Claude R. SMITH went to Sault St Marie, Ontario, Canada c1901. He married Nellie Ellen FAY. This is all the data that I have about them so far.
- WADEY Family History Report. (10 KB)
This report shows the WADEY line of my family tree with all the other direct lines in Sussex Uk.
- Occupiers List Fordham Essex Uk. (5 KB)
This is taken from photocopies I made of only a few of the pages from a book in my local library many months ago, and is not complete, but I hope it`s of use to someone out there. (Not quite sure what year/s it refers to, but my ancestors were there during 1891 & 1901 censuses).
- Roland SMITH data. (1 KB)
Roland SMITH was the son of Claude R. SMITH and Nellie Ellen nee FAY. He was killed in a car crash 1951 and this is all the information that I have about him so far.
- BOWMAN Family History Report. (5 KB)
This report shows my BOWMAN family tree along with data relating to other direct lines in Suffolk & Cambridgeshire Uk.
- Transcriptions from St Mary at the Walls, Church. (20 KB)
These are transcriptions of all the memorial plaques and tablets from inside the church itself.
- George WADEY data. (2 KB)
George was my grandfather (born Sussex), but I`ve never known the reason why he deliberately changed his surname from WADEY to WADDY. He was literate, so could spell the name correctly.
- CLAREY Family History Report. (4 KB)
This report has all the data relating to my CLAREY ancestors in Suffolk Uk.
- Harry Francis Hector HUXTABLE report. (2 KB)
Harry Francis Hector HUXTABLE went to Sault St Marie, Ontario, Canada c1901. This is all the data I have about him so far.
- WEBBER Family History Report. (29 KB)
This report includes all my WEBBER data from my family tree including all related names of direct decendents in Essex & Suffolk Uk.
- DEADMAN family history report. (2 KB)
This shows a link to the name DEADMAN in Sussex. This line so far goes back to my Gt Gt Gt Gt Grandparents dating back to the 1760`s.
- WATERS Family History Report. (18 KB)
This report is for the WATERS line of my family tree and all related names in Suffolk and Essex Uk.
- Timeline, St Mary at the Walls, Colchester, Essex. (14 KB)
A historical timeline of events surrounding the church of St Mary at the Walls in Colchester, Essex.
- MURRAY Family History Report. (3 KB)
This report shows the MURRAY line of my family tree and all other named of direct decendents in Norfolk Uk.
- FRANCIS Family History Report. (63 KB)
This shows the relationships between all the lines connected to my FRANCIS line.
- JARVIS Family History Report. (8 KB)
This report shows all my JARVIS data and related names in Suffolk Uk.
- UPDATED Canadian research data. (11 KB)
This is all the recently updated information I have regarding my ancestors who went to Canada 1901.
- Sault St Marie branch Ontario Genealogy Society
- Algoma District Gen Web Project
- Essex Society for Family History
- Newmarket Local History Society (Suffolk, Uk).
- Sussex Family History Group.
- Colchester Website (Essex, Uk).
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
- Free BMD
- Norfolk Transcription Archive
- Essex Pubs
- Aldham Village Website (Essex, Uk).
- Essex Villages Website (Uk).
- Fordham Village Homepage (Essex, Uk).
- Fordham Heath & Eight Ash Green (Essex, Uk)
- Mount Bures / Wakes Colne / Chapel (Essex Uk)
- National Archives of Canada.
- Docking Norfolk, Uk.
- British Army WW1
- PERRY & NICE Families in Essex Uk.
- War Heroes, Colchester, Essex, Uk.
- The Suffolk Surnames List (Uk).
- Essex Genealogy (family site of Teri in Australia).
- Sussex Surname List.
- Forest Heath Website (22 Villages in Suffolk, Uk).
- Essex Surnames List (Uk).
- Search Engine.
- Essex Record Office (Family History) Uk.
- Norfolk Surnames List (Uk).
- Poor Law Unions / Workhouses in England, Uk.
- The Western Front Association (WW1)
- Roll Of Honour Links Page (Military Links).
- 1851 Census Extracts (2%).
- ANTI-VIRUS site with FREE downloads and updates.
- FREE Firewall to protect your PC.
- Bures St Mary (Suffolk) & Bures Hamlet (Essex).
- Ye Olde Sussex Pages
- 1906 Canada Census
- Preston St Mary, Suffolk. Uk.
- Norfolk Family History Society
- Docking, Norfolk Genealogy Site.
- Romford, Essex Website.
- Hartest, Suffolk, Village History.
- Births, Deaths & Marriages 1837 - 2001.
- Old Maps Online.
- Colchester Street Festival
- Colchester Museums Website.
- Colchester Oyster Fayre
- Colchester Town Watch
- Colchester Ghost Tours.
- BBC History Website.
- Edwardians Online
- Medieval English Urban History
- Seige of Colchester 1648
- Image Resource (English Heritage)
- Probert Encyclopaedia
- Historical Manuscripts Commission
- 1911 Encyclopedia
- British History
- Family Records Office
- Francis Frith Photographic Collection
- Public Records Office
- Educational Website (with lots of excellent links).
- 1901 Census of England and Wales Online.
- IGI Batch Numbers.
- Non Conformist Records
- The Sealed Knot
- Essex County Council.
- Ian "Pubby" Hunter (Tribute Website).