1. Henry GRAVERAET Sr., born
1785 near Albany New York, died Dec 1860 in Marquette, MI. 1850 Mack.
Co., MI Fed. census. Aka Ad-jee-jaroh (Crane). He married Charlotte LIVINGSTONE, born c.
1785/96 in CAN, (daughter or Little White Chief or Major Livingstone) , died 17
Jan 1861 in Marquette, MI. Charlotte: 1/2 C (1836 list). “Mother
Graveraet or Mrs. G” had 16 children
of her own and was mid-wife to at least
100 recorded births. Aka O-daub-e-tah-geezeh-go-quay (Midday Woman).
2. i Henry G. b. 1804/16.
ii Sarah Ann GRAVERAET, born c. 1814. Aka Pe-nay-see-quay (Partridge Woman). She married Daniel/David W. KING, 10 Jan 1835 in Mackinac Co., MI.
iii Caroline A. GRAVERAET, born c. 1818. Aka Gee-way-din-no-quay (North Wind Lady). She married Sidney L. ROOD/ROON, 14 Jun 1838 in Mackinac Co., MI.
iv William Henry GRAVERAET, born Sept 1818, baptized 25/6 Mar 1835 in Ste-Anne's, Mackinac Is., Mackinac Co.
v Robert GRAVERAET, born c. 1819. Aka Nee-swhuh-swih-ni-bin (Eight Summers).
He married Lucretia ____. Interpreter for HR Schoolcraft,Town Clerk, Treasurer and State Senator for Sault Ste. Marie, died June 4, 1861 under mysterious circumstances. His body was found in the water at the Sault. “Founder of Marquette”
3. vi Marie A./Louise b. c. 1823.
vii Alice A. GRAVERAET, born c. 1824. Aka O-mud-way-gee-wu-no-quay (Grand Noise of Rapids Woman).
viii Wayne GRAVERAET, born c. 1824.
4. ix Albert b. c. 1826.
x Lucy Ann GRAVERAET, born c. 1829. She married Peter C. KEVAN, 14 Aug 1845 in Mackinac Co., MI, born c. 1821.
xi John GRAVERAET, born c. 1830.
xii Keith A. GRAVERAET, born c. 1831. Aka Zhing-gee-bay (Little Diver).
xiii Anthony GRAVERAET, born c. 1833.
xiv Mary Jane GRAVERAET, born c. 1834. She married George BINGHAM.
xv Madeleine O. GRAVERAET, born c. 1836 in MI. She married Thomas W. COLLINS.
xvi Charlotte R. GRAVERAET, born c. 1838 in MI.
xvii George E. GRAVERAET, born c. 1839 in MI.
xviii Juliette P. GRAVERAET, born c. 1841 in MI. She married Samuel KAUFFMAN.
xix Harriett GRAVERAET, born c. 1843, died 3 Nov 1874.
2. Henry G. GRAVERAET, Jr., born 1804/16 in MI, died 12 May 1864 in Spottsyvania, VA, occupation Civil War/laborer. Aka Geejac/Crane/Way-gee-muh-wee (Grand Chief). He married Sophie/Hortence S. BAILLY, 11 Jan 1836 in St. Ignace, Mackinac Co., MI, born Mar 1807/10 in MI, (daughter of Honore-Gratien-Joseph BAILLY-de-MESSEIN and Angelique McGUILPIN) baptized 9 Aug 1821 in St. Ignace de Michilimackinac, MI, died 8/9 Jan 1892 in Harbor Springs, Emmet Co., MI, buried in Cross Village, Emmet Co., MI, occupation teacher.
5. i Sophia Alice b. 1836.
ii Garret A. GRAVERAET, born 10 Jan 1840/2 in MI, died 1 Jul 1864 in Washington, D.C., occupation Civil War.
6. iii Marie Rosine b. 16 Feb 1842.
iv Joseph GRAVERAET, born c. 1848 in MI.
3. Marie A./Louise GRAVERAET, born c. 1823. Aka Sa-gush-co-day-way-quay (Rising River? Woman). She married (1) William DISBROW, 2 Jul 1842 in Mackinac Co., MI, born c. 1817, died by Oct 1850.
i Rowena DISBROW, born c. 1843 in MI. She married (2) Reubin CHAPMAN, 22 Jan 1855 in Mackinac Co., MI, born c. 1824 in MN, (son of Bela J. CHAPMAN and Mary CHARRETTE) died 31 Jul 1860, buried in Prot. Cem., Mackinac Is., MI, occupation merchant.
ii William CHAPMAN. Is this actually Wm. DISBROW, b. c.1846 MI? He married Rose TRUSCOT.
iii Elizabeth Louise"Tina" CHAPMAN. Is this actually Elizabeth DISBROW, b. c.1849 MI. She married E.C. GASKILL, 6 Jan 1869, occupation Cpt.
7. iv Mary Jane b. 13 Sept 1855.
4. Albert GRAVERAET, born c. 1826. He married Lucie GAJAHEKOKWE. Lucie: Unsure of surname spelling.
i Albert GRAVERAET Jr., born 4 Feb 1851, baptized 4 Jun 1851 in Ste-Anne's, Mackinac Is., Mackinac Co.
5. Sophia Alice GRAVERAET, born 1836 in Grand River, MI. She married John Baptiste COUCHOISE, 5 Mar 1859 in Mackinac, Mackinac Co., MI, born 20 Sept 1819 in Detroit, Wayne Co., MI, (son of John Baptist COUCHOIS and Catherine LYONS) died 11 Oct 1873, buried in Mackinac Is., Mackinac Co., MI, occupation carpenter.
i Robert John COUCHOISE, born c. 1860 in MI.
ii Sophie Rosine COUCHOISE, born 2 Oct 1863 in Mackinac, Mackinac Co., MI, baptized 14 Oct 1863 in Ste-Anne's, Mackinac Is., Mackinac Co. Aka Rosa S.
iii Helen Elisabeth COUCHOISE, born 23 Aug 1866 in Mackinac, Mackinac Co., MI, baptized 26 Aug 1866 in Ste-Anne's, Mackinac Is.,Mackinac Co. Aka Ellen R.
6. Marie Rosine GRAVERAET, born 16 Feb 1842 in Mackinac, Mackinac Co., MI, baptized 1842 in Ste-Anne's, Mackinac Is., Mackinac Co. Durant #46-13. She married (1) Robert F. WRIGHT, 22/6 Jul 1866 in Emmet Co., MI, born c. 1830.
8. i Robert H. b. 22 Feb 1868.
ii Lloyd WRIGHT.
iii Beulah WRIGHT.
iv Joseph WRIGHT.
She married (2) John Baptiste COUCHOISE, 1 Jul 1873 in Cheboygan, Cheboygan Co., MI, born 20 Sept 1819 in Detroit, Wayne Co., MI, (son of John Baptist COUCHOIS and Catherine LYONS) died 11 Oct 1873, buried in Mackinac Is., Mackinac Co., MI, occupation carpenter.
v John C. COUCHOIS, born 14 Apr 1874 in Harbor Springs, Emmet Co., MI, occupation Author. Aka John C. WRIGHT. Related to Pontiac.
7. Mary Jane CHAPMAN, born 13 Sept 1855, died 23 Feb 1889, buried in Prot. Cem., Mackinac Is., MI.
She married Claude CABLE, 23 Aug 1873, born 24 Feb 1849 in Beaver Island, Cheboygan Co., MI, died 11 Jan 1933, buried in Prot. Cem., Mackinac Is., MI.
i Harry CABLE, born c. 1882. He married _____ ROBINSON.
ii Tiny Rowena CABLE, born 15 May 1874, died 25 Jan 1897, buried in Prot. Cem., Mackinac Is., MI.
iii Bessie CABLE, born c. 1875/9, died 1923, buried in Prot. Cem., Mackinac Is., MI.
iv Gail C. CABLE, born 1888, died 1949, buried in Prot. Cem., Mackinac Is., MI.
8. Robert H. WRIGHT, born 22 Feb 1868 in Harbor Springs, Emmet Co., MI, occupation editor. Aka (pen name) Pete Pareau. He married Annie _____. Annie: White.
i Robert WRIGHT, born c. 1892.
ii Burr WRIGHT, born c. 1892 in MI, died 14 Oct 1892 in Little Traverse, Emmet Co., MI. Is this Robert?
iii Lloyd WRIGHT, born c. 1894.
iv Beulah WRIGHT, born c. 1896.
v George WRIGHT, born c. 1898.